Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Are those a mesh and tempered glass front panels? Will solid front panels be making a return?
This is an amazing idea and I hope it comes through. People who love to customize their cases as well as people who like that bare aluminum industrial look would also be happy.

Would really like to know this as well. Looking at the exploded version, it looks like there's a front mesh and a front TG panel, so I'd like to know if a solid front panel is an option as well. Two-tone might be that option though, with the mesh front panel being default. Just guessing tho.
Will there be an option for a solid front panel on any of the new T1s?

Yes, solid front is reserved for TwoTone only, will be offered starting 2021Q1.

I want to focus on the base models first.

How are the noise and thermals compared to a 240mm rad in Sandwich?

5950X + FE3080 / FE3080TI is my next personal build. Targeting lighter weight, reliability and overall stability. To that end it's fine (<85C for my use).

To get technical, C14S is about 97% of D15 performance according to TechPowerUp review.

I'm also waiting for my NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 for some testing.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
I miss my T1 so much after switching to the WinterOne. I haven’t been keeping up with this thread, but need to get me another one and it looks like came back at the right time!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
So close now! Please let us know when e-mails are sent to the priority customers, so that I can check my e-mail. I've been waiting >12 months now for this case!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nurlan

Cable Smoosher
Aug 13, 2020
Hey there, hope your all doing well, I’m OG v1.1 owner (2021 April batch) and steel panels not line up as good as like from front of and back of the case since it’s hemmed I understand, but any possibility that new aluminum panel also comes as kit for v1.1 ?

persef0na

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 11, 2021
Sorry for being repetitive in advance, just want to have a clear answer so that I know what to wait for.
Yes, solid front is reserved for TwoTone only, will be offered starting 2021Q1.

I want to focus on the base models first.
Okay, so did I understand it correctly: In the past you mentioned that there will be a T1 TwoTone accessory kit, which will be "compatible with both T1-Reference Case Kit and T1-Sandwich Case kit". So if I buy the T1 Reference, I'll be able to get a TwoTone kit in 2022 Q1 which will replace the mesh front panel with a solid one? I just want to be sure that the T1 Reference can have a solid front panel.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Sorry for being repetitive in advance, just want to have a clear answer so that I know what to wait for.

Okay, so did I understand it correctly: In the past you mentioned that there will be a T1 TwoTone accessory kit, which will be "compatible with both T1-Reference Case Kit and T1-Sandwich Case kit". So if I buy the T1 Reference, I'll be able to get a TwoTone kit in 2022 Q1 which will replace the mesh front panel with a solid one? I just want to be sure that the T1 Reference can have a solid front panel.
The cases on the outside are generally the same, the only real difference between the two versions that I can see looking at the new renders is that the Reference case has a different side panel and back panel, and all the other mounting points for rails and struts and stuff are the same. So going off of that, yes, the Two-Tone kit is compatible with both Sandwich and Reference models.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I've been zooming in on the Reference kit render so long that I think I've memorized every pixel.
5950X + FE3080 / FE3080TI is my next personal build. Targeting lighter weight, reliability and overall stability. To that end it's fine (<85C for my use).
Out of curiosity: what's your use case? Or rather, how hard does your use case tax your GPU?

My main load is 1440P @ 165Hz so my GPU gets hit way, way harder than CPU. And I'm *guessing* that you're way more thermally bound on CPU, right? Probably still worth it to stay custom loop to control GPU rather than going back to stock 3080FE cooler, right?

snoozes_chuckram

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2021
Ecstatic with the recent news and renders! I'm really looking forward to putting a C14S (and powerful CPU) and reference RX6800 or RTX 3080 TI FE in a reference T1. The only things I can think of possibly being dissapointed about is the case not having a simple plain solid front (at least right away it seems - although I suppose the mesh front is for a reason and should help with temps?), but also that the "back" side panel (next to the underside of the motherboard) is seemingly solid and not mesh as well. One trivial, silly grievance is just for aesthetic symmetry. However, I was thinking of how this would affect thermals for a GPU with a traditional open air cooler design like the reference RX 6800. The GPU is completely sealed up (the IO, side opposite IO, back side completey covered with just intake fans and exhaust out the top and bottom). With a regular ITX instead of DTX motherboard, this seems like a missed opportunity to be able to exhaust air "out the back" or out the bottom portion of the GPU in this setup. Instead, I suppose the hot air out the bottom will be a bit trapped vs the air being exhausted out the top of the GPU via the other mesh side panel.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
If this next release comes in a full mesh setup (like renders suggest), can we assume that all the panels are of the same quality? Or is the frontal panel different? If yes, how would you say they are compared with the Meshilicius ones? Every time I see the renders I feel like waiting for a Meshilicius 2.0 and don't know what to think.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
In general, I would rather trust Noctua's own numbers: the NH-D15 has NSPR of 183, while the NH-C14S is rated at 119, so about 35% weaker in theory. Incidentally, TechPowerUp tested the cooler on an open bench. Your mileage may vary.

Good point, this is why I’m swapping the default A14 fan for the 3000RPM Industrial PPC - hopefully not much louder than GPU fans at load.

V2 can run *two 140 fans, in a <10L setup, especially with down draft cpu coolers, I suspect this makes a lot of difference.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hey there, hope your all doing well, I’m OG v1.1 owner (2021 April batch) and steel panels not line up as good as like from front of and back of the case since it’s hemmed I understand, but any possibility that new aluminum panel also comes as kit for v1.1 ?

Not in the plan b/c they are different sizes, which will take a lot of time to reset the machines.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I've been zooming in on the Reference kit render so long that I think I've memorized every pixel.

Out of curiosity: what's your use case? Or rather, how hard does your use case tax your GPU?

My main load is 1440P @ 165Hz so my GPU gets hit way, way harder than CPU. And I'm *guessing* that you're way more thermally bound on CPU, right? Probably still worth it to stay custom loop to control GPU rather than going back to stock 3080FE cooler, right?

Will post some data after my Noctua A14 3000 RPM industrial fans arrive.

Also, reviews are coming.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Ecstatic with the recent news and renders! I'm really looking forward to putting a C14S (and powerful CPU) and reference RX6800 or RTX 3080 TI FE in a reference T1. The only things I can think of possibly being dissapointed about is the case not having a simple plain solid front (at least right away it seems - although I suppose the mesh front is for a reason and should help with temps?), but also that the "back" side panel (next to the underside of the motherboard) is seemingly solid and not mesh as well. One trivial, silly grievance is just for aesthetic symmetry. However, I was thinking of how this would affect thermals for a GPU with a traditional open air cooler design like the reference RX 6800. The GPU is completely sealed up (the IO, side opposite IO, back side completey covered with just intake fans and exhaust out the top and bottom). With a regular ITX instead of DTX motherboard, this seems like a missed opportunity to be able to exhaust air "out the back" or out the bottom portion of the GPU in this setup. Instead, I suppose the hot air out the bottom will be a bit trapped vs the air being exhausted out the top of the GPU via the other mesh side panel.

The *back side you are referring to will come with ventilation - not sure mesh yet, trying to balance price and performance.

The released photo is actually old, the final default config is being tweaked now.