Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Jff007

Efficiency Noob
Aug 9, 2021
So, quick question about thermal performance: if someone runs an air-cooled GPU from the top (with the fans of the GPU cooler pointed out the top), will that offer worse thermals than if it were set on the bottom, due to how heat likes to travel? Are there any tests on how much of a difference could be expected?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So, quick question about thermal performance: if someone runs an air-cooled GPU from the top (with the fans of the GPU cooler pointed out the top), will that offer worse thermals than if it were set on the bottom, due to how heat likes to travel? Are there any tests on how much of a difference could be expected?
When fans are involved, heats natural convection upwards no longer matters a whole lot, because the fans will cancel it out.
So if the fans are at the top of the case, then they'll have a ton of room to get air from, compared to if it was at the bottom, where there's not a huge space under the case for the GPU to get air from. Which means, if the GPU is at the top of the case as opposed to the bottom of the case, it will have better airflow, and therefore better thermals.
The only problem I can see is if the heat starts to recirculate, but with how much space there is above the GPU if it was at the top of the case, I don't see that being more of an issue than the GPU not having enough airflow if it was at the bottom of the case.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Not the "salty" part. A joke's a joke. Rather, the part where you said he/she can't be pleased, despite having quite simple and reasonable requests. It's dismissive at best.

I think you are missing some context, I already explained in the following post why opening the website potentially creates more confusion than the problem it solves.

I'm afraid we can't make everyone happy.

I've said this before, if you need to build now, build now with what you can buy now. Also, if uncertain with this project is creating anxiety for you, just come back later - don't have to follow every update.

We did a major overhaul of the product, so confusion is expected. The alternative is to release a subpar product, which we think is worse.

Also, we are in the interim period between teasers and release, so I understand there are lots of questions. However, once the product is release, it should be much more straight forward.

To avoid further confusion, we plan to say less and just release when ready. That's why the website is closed, because it opening it could easily make the situation worse.

Every time there is a change, people reach out to us about how *disappointed it doesn't meet their expectation, or they don't like the change. This has happened plenty more times on this thread than people wishing the website was open.

The website reaches *a lot more newbies compare to the forum or Reddit. Particularly those who do NOT speak English. The first instinct for a lot of people is to email customer support to get suggestions and or compare upcoming products, not the forum or reddit. Effectively, during the development cycle, the website creates more confusion and more customer support than forum and reddit combined - we know from experience!

So in conclusion, I wasn't dismissing a constructive criticism, because I explained prior why it's not a net positive. In conclusion, opening the website doesn't necessarily makes things more clear for everyone, but will create more anxiety for some other people. Not a net win here.

So my conclusion is that I can't make everyone happy.

Last edited:

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
I think you are missing some context, I already explained in the following post why opening the website potentially creates more confusion than the problem it solves.

Every time there is a change, people reach out to us about how *disappointed it doesn't meet their expectation, or they don't like the change. This has happened plenty more times on this thread than people wishing the website was open.

The website reaches *a lot more newbies compare to the forum or Reddit. Particularly those who do NOT speak English. The first instinct for a lot of people is to email customer support to get suggestions and or compare upcoming products, not the forum or reddit. Effectively, during the development cycle, the website creates more confusion and more customer support than forum and reddit combined - we know from experience!

So in conclusion, I wasn't dismissing a constructive criticism, because I explained prior why it's not a net positive. In conclusion, opening the website doesn't necessarily makes things more clear for everyone, but will create more anxiety for some other people. Not a net win here.

So my conclusion is that I can't make everyone happy.
Now that is the kind explanation I was hoping for. Makes sense. Thanks man.

DCB

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 27, 2021
120AIO should be enough for your 5950X. Doing so allows for *two 25mm thick fans, which is more important in your setup.

I suspect you have a health budget, so if you are really concerned about cooling capacity on 120AIO, then use Koolance 30FPI 120 copper radiator for a custom loop with Noctua or Arctic Fan. It will get you close to 240 AIO performance on 120mm radiator, and you get two 25mm thick fans with this setup.
5950X and a 120MM, hmmm have not seen that work yet, but I have seen attempts... check the formd channel on reddit

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
What GPU and Mobo are you using with the ADT PCIe 4.0?

Can you share a photo of the riser you received? There should be a *version number on the PCB itself.
May be too late for a reply, but the réf. I got from Aliexpress worked but doesn't fit because the witdh of the pcb is slightly too large to fit between the riser braket of the case, see pictures below:

Comparison with riser PCI 3.0 provided with T1 and new one PCI 4.0

Reactions: Kapsi

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
May be too late for a reply, but the réf. I got from Aliexpress worked but doesn't fit because the witdh of the pcb is slightly too large to fit between the riser braket of the case, see pictures below:

Comparison with riser PCI 3.0 provided with T1 and new one PCI 4.0

I'm very confused by the orientation of the parts here,looks backwards/mirrored. But is it possible your riser strut is upside down/backwards?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
you can screw it in and it will work, but it will be slightly warped.
Alternatively you can sand the sides of the pcb down so that it fits in the bracket.
I've been using mine for months now.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I am a bit confused.

After the V2 release. Will 1.1 still be available or does it goes EOL? It's going to be a specific kit of the 2.0?
At this point. Any hint/clue when the next drop is? (I'm hooked to the phone and web browser 24/7 lol). Expected batch size?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I am a bit confused.

After the V2 release. Will 1.1 still be available or does it goes EOL? It's going to be a specific kit of the 2.0?
At this point. Any hint/clue when the next drop is? (I'm hooked to the phone and web browser 24/7 lol). Expected batch size?
v2.0 will replace v1.1, just like v1.1 replaced v1.0.
The kits for v2.0 will be add-ons for that specific version of the case, and won't work with other versions of the case. You'll buy the full case, and then the kits will change out certain parts on the case.

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
I'm very confused by the orientation of the parts here,looks backwards/mirrored. But is it possible your riser strut is upside down/backwards?
you can screw it in and it will work, but it will be slightly warped.
Alternatively you can sand the sides of the pcb down so that it fits in the bracket.
I've been using mine for months now.
@DrHudacris To show the issue I had, I intentionally reverse the way the riser should be put 😅Sorry for the confusion.

And yes @PKAWA just need to sand the side to make it fit 👍

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
I'm confused
T1 2.0 have a lot of configurations: Tower, sandwich, reference. I just want the most accurate to last version 1.1 but, idk if the new version can handle an AIO Cooling like a Corsair H100i.
I'm new in this but I want this case, it's so well-used size.

And, this case have RAM Height limitations?

I'll need to buy a custom liquid cooling??

Oranjecrush

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 9, 2021
I'm confused
T1 2.0 have a lot of configurations: Tower, sandwich, reference. I just want the most accurate to last version 1.1 but, idk if the new version can handle an AIO Cooling like a Corsair H100i.

T1 2.0 sandwich format will be the most similar to v1.0 and v1.1. I believe ram height limit is 50mm and AIO cooling will still work - I plan on using an AIO.

Reactions: Nomo

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm confused

T1 Sandwich is most like the current version of the case.
T1 Reference is a different layout on the inside, that is similar to the ncase m1 layout.
T1 Tower is basically an add-on that makes the case vertical. Can work with both T1 Sandwich and T1 Reference
All versions can accommodate radiators. Your H100i will work.
Max RAM height depends on what slot position you are in, and is the same or similar to the Max CPU cooler height in that respective slot configuration. For example, in 2 slot mode, you have 70mm of CPU height clearance, so you also have 70mm of RAM height clearance. In 3 slot mode, you have 50mm of CPU height clearance, so you also have 50mm of RAM height clearance. However, using an AIO can impact the max RAM height a bit if you have the tubes go over the RAM, not around. If you make the tubes of the AIO go around the RAM, the RAM height is not impacted. If you make the tubes of the AIO go over the RAM, then the max RAM height will be lessened by the diameter of the AIO tubes.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Is there anyone that has used a 3D printing service that has any recommendation? My university said all of theirs are broken and there are no places in my area. I want to print the top expansion that allows you to fit full size fans. Or if anyone is willing to 3D print it for me I will pay you for your time.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Is there anyone that has used a 3D printing service that has any recommendation? My university said all of theirs are broken and there are no places in my area. I want to print the top expansion that allows you to fit full size fans. Or if anyone is willing to 3D print it for me I will pay you for your time.
I found a person an esty that prints mods for cases and asked them if they can print something for me if you have the file already. Best if they have some T1 stuff cause then they can add it to their store.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I found a person an esty that prints mods for cases and asked them if they can print something for me if you have the file already. Best if they have some T1 stuff cause then they can add it to their store.
It would be highly unethical for the shop owner to list a design that's not their own on their shop without express permission from the designer. Do not encourage shop owner to do that unless it's your own design.

Asking them to print something is ok, but it definitely gets messy for them to just start making money off it.

Lots of services online: Xometry, shapeways etc

Reactions: laiv

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
It would be highly unethical for the shop owner to list a design that's not their own on their shop without express permission from the designer. Do not encourage shop owner to do that unless it's your own design.

Asking them to print something is ok, but it definitely gets messy for them to just start making money off it.

Lots of services online: Xometry, shapeways etc
I made some assumptions but yes I agree and the person I found was much like those print services. I was paying for cost of materials, use of equipment, time to go ship it and cost to ship but yes, even files on thingiverse that can be had for free have licensing, etc. Printing services might be the way to go if they want to avoid issues.

Reactions: DrHudacris