Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
yes you're right. I did use the M3x10 (or was it 12) that came with the case. The only downside is you lose the convenience of thumb-screws. If you change the thumb screws of v1.5 to be longer then that would solve the problem for good 👍

so maybe #6-32?

this screw thread is spread apart farther, so less likely to strip.

however, I think the screw just needs to be longer, from 6mm to 8mm

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
185mm is the same length of the stock riser in the T1. With a double reverse connector (which that cable is) you want it to be 185mm long. Anything over that, and you want it to be a single reverse, which that cable is not.
Basically exactly what you said, thnx.
185mm, isn't too short ?? I thought 200mm was best fit.
Jup I agree with Navic, that's basically it.
Right now I have a 180mm Linkup installed so it's possible to go even shorter although I don't recommend it persé.

Reactions: Mao_Setzer

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

@Navic just for you and those who need to flip the SFX power supply.

This was suppose to be ready now at 650W, but then Nvidia 30XX needed 750W and more GPUs need *three 6+2P = this design needs to be updated = new certification, and will take forever 😅

TLDR, I'm also in talks with one of the largest SFX OEM to make mounting holes on the modular cable side standard. If successful, this eliminates the need for SFX flip brackets. It also open up other possibilities for securing molex cables.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020

@Navic just for you and those who need to flip the SFX power supply.

This was suppose to be ready now at 650W, but then Nvidia 30XX needed 750W and more GPUs need *three 6+2P = this design needs to be updated = new certification, and will take forever 😅

TLDR, I'm also in talks with one of the largest SFX OEM to make mounting holes on the modular cable side standard. If successful, this eliminates the need for SFX flip brackets. It also open up other possibilities for securing molex cables.
power cable on the same side as the modular cables would make it possible to mount it flush with the floorboard. That would be a great space saving feature.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
are you considering an even more compact case without the configuration for water cooling? some people don't want it and its not really needed most of the times.

Even without WC support, cannot get more compact really, maybe shave off <0.75L, but the cable mgmt and air cooling of component will be much worse.

This size is really it for modern CPU and GPU.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
power cable on the same side as the modular cables would make it possible to mount it flush with the floorboard. That would be a great space saving feature.

2 problems:
1) PCB / layout limitation, that’s a new layout and can be quite expensive.
2) Space limitation on the molex cable side. You can’t use space occupied internally by the fan, so there is only 33.5x125mm area to work with for modular all cables, no space.

Reactions: PKAWA

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
If one were to use a 70mm CPU cooler in the T1 v1.5, how much space would that leave for the video card?

Last edited:

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
@Wahaha360

will the new version 1.5 have larger dimensions than the current 1.1? If so, can you tell us the dimensions? I am trying to buy a Pelican case to house the T1 but if it's very different size, I have to re-think my options...

hopefully not too much bigger!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Removed

Moderator Edit: All sales must be conducted via the Trade section of the forums, which requires a Bronze subscription or higher. Please message an admin if you have any questions!

Last edited: