Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
1) Yes, correct, only 1 slot GPU in water block will work. I have the EK-Asus 3090, using it for fit and testing. People who wants to fit *two 240 in a <10L case are the crazy ones, it’s a free feature for them.

2) it’s just render that way, you can flip the case.
@Wahaha360 Hello, sorry to bother again but I haven't seen the answer to this:
Any ETA / Updates on the production and distribution of the glass side panels, or are they cancelled?

Thank you if you can provide any information on this, loving my T1 but it would certainly help tie things together for many builds.

NGOD

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 7, 2019

2021-04-20: T1V1.1 *Black color will reopen for orders on 2021-04-23 8AM PST!​

Hello. I wanted to know if is going to be a shipping option available to Argentina? I'm trying to get this case for a long time as so many other people but I never get to the point to added to the cart beecause it solds out so quickly so I don't know if you guys are offering shipping to my country.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
Hey guys, quick question with current day knowledge: with an aircooled 3090, which AIO is better for a stock 5950x?

ek aio 240mm or ek aio 120mm?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will it be possible to mount tx240 with 3x 25 mm fans? I.e. 2 on top of the radiator and one beneath?

I assume you mean Fan *in front and *behind the radiator, if yes, then no, it will not work.

It is also completely unnecessary. TX240 is a really thin radiator. If you can use 25mm thick fan, you don't need fans in both side. Save the $.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Hey guys, quick question with current day knowledge: with an aircooled 3090, which AIO is better for a stock 5950x?

240, without under-volting. I've ran both models multiple times on a less heated cpu, 3700x, with default paste:
EK 240 D-Basic
(1x Vardar Black, 1x a25x15 Chromax)[58-63C IDLE] [65-70C LOAD] (Below Rad)
EK 240 D-Basic (2x a25x15 Chromax) [48-52C IDLE] [65-70C LOAD] (Above Rad)
EK 120 D-RGB (1x Vardar RGB fan) [65-70C IDLE] [78-81C LOAD] (Below Rad)

Also used a 240 D-RGB for almost a year, but the testing I can remember was only while dusty, so just use the 240 BASIC as your example of how it performs OOTB after temp equalization.

[Updated April 29th 2021]

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Looking at the drop in a few days, is there any kind of ETA for V1.2? I'd prefer getting V1.2, but I can't justify waiting forever.. Are we talking weeks here? Or months? half a year?

I got my september 2020 order cancelled and originally wanted to wait for the EVO, but now that has been postponed too much. I can't be the only one still sitting on a cancelled order from late last year, and the two options except for "just get a different T1" are EVO (2022) and V1.2 (unknown).
I'm in the same boat as you.

I stopped giving ETAs b/c things are unpredictable, so any ETA given will not be accurate when we hit production.

The EVO situation is unfortunate, but tbh, without a mobo and GPU launch to go with it, imo it is not a meaningful upgrade over the upcoming iteration. Not a big loss.

We are working on the update as fast as we can, just prepare for months, just not sure how many yet.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Hello, sorry to bother again but I haven't seen the answer to this:
Any ETA / Updates on the production and distribution of the glass side panels, or are they cancelled?

Thank you if you can provide any information on this, loving my T1 but it would certainly help tie things together for many builds.

The TG Side Panel for T1V1.1 is effectively dropped because we can't get magnet thin enough and strong enough to secure the TG panel during disassembly.

Without magnets, opening the Top Panel = TG Side Panel could drop sideways and break. We don't want a safety hazard.

This is one of main reason we are still not done tweaking upcoming iteration, trying to get the TG panel to stay has been a pain point for design.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hello. I wanted to know if is going to be a shipping option available to Argentina? I'm trying to get this case for a long time as so many other people but I never get to the point to added to the cart beecause it solds out so quickly so I don't know if you guys are offering shipping to my country.

Will add for this drop, but FYI, one method of air shipping cost was over USD 100 last time I checked, and you can thank Covid for that.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
I stopped giving ETAs b/c things are unpredictable, so any ETA given will not be accurate when we hit production.

The EVO situation is unfortunate, but tbh, without a mobo and GPU launch to go with it, imo it is not a meaningful upgrade over the upcoming iteration. Not a big loss.

We are working on the update as fast as we can, just prepare for months, just not sure how many yet.

That's reasonable for you to not give ETAs given what's currently going on in the world.

You've previously recommended that people on the priority list should wait for V1.2. However, it now seems like that doesn't provide that big a jump, unless you want to go dual 240s or use a massive GPU. For me personally, the only benefit I see of V1.2 are the 0.25 slot increments for the GPU. Given what you now know about V1.2, would you still recommend waiting for it, or would you suggest getting V1.1? Note I'm still waiting on CPU and GPU, too; I suspect they are at least a couple of months away.

2drcDhLb

Cable Smoosher
Jan 26, 2021
No, just didn't make Titanium for the latest batch, trying to get more for next batch (not ETA).
Is Silver also being looked into or is Black and Titanium the focus for now?

Sorry to keep bugging with color questions, by the way - thanks for all the replies and all the good work!

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
240, without under-volting. I've ran both models on a less heated cpu, 3700x:
EK 240 D-Basic (1x Vardar Black, 1x a25x15 Noctua Chromax, default paste) [55-60C IDLE] [65-70C LOAD]
EK 120 D-RGB (1x Vardar RGB fan, default paste) [65-70C IDLE] [78-81C LOAD]

Now, I also did use the 240 D-RGB, but the testing I can remember was only while dusty, so it was 5c hotter than the 240 basic, just use that as your example of how it performs OOTB after temp equalization.

Wait so the D-RGB was 5c hotter due to dust or you think the D-basic gives better temps?

Also, did you happen to check the GPU temps with the 120mm, considering you also added an extra fan next to it?

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

Get the 240 without a doubt. 'Stock', of course means lots of things. Do you mean 'stock' as in function at out of the box no changes? Do you mean 'stock' as in only running base clocks and no higher'? I'd only run a 120mm on a high watt Ryzen in ECO mode--AKA knee capping the power draw and frequency scaling.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@Wahaha360 is there any way I can order a set of black top/bottom panels and black mesh side panels? I have ideas for mods and I don't want to alter my only original set. Also, I'm an idiot and scratched my bottom panel slightly, it's not such a big deal cause it's the bottom and you can't really see it, but it bothers me 🙁

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
No, I have been asking for parts numerous times, and they are not selling them (yet)
Hoping that they will at some point, but actually not sure anymore since there's two new cases on the horizon now.

• Sad
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I'm really... really confused as to why a single long GPU prompts this poll, but something far more beneficial like 280mm top radiator support never received serious consideration.

Could someone explain to me why that is the case?

Probably because supporting one longer card only increases the volume by a bit under a liter. 9.5L to 10ish.

Supporting 280mm radiators would go from 9.5L to 12.3L, a 25% increase in volume. E.g. Add 2CM to the width, and 4CM to the length. IOW from small space optimized sandwich....to NCase size.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Probably because supporting one longer card only increases the volume by a bit under a liter. 9.5L to 10ish.

Supporting 280mm radiators would go from 9.5L to 12.3L. E.g. Add 2CM to the width, and 4CM to the length. IOW from small space optimized sandwich....to NCase size.

Guess that makes sense - though I'd argue that if you're doing the former, probably best to do the latter as well or else it isn't worth the change IMO.

For example, if you're already looking at extending it just a bit to make one GPU work in the case, may as well add the little bit of width needed to make a 280mm rad work as well.

Not to mention it would also add additional compatibility for CPU cooler height and GPU thickness; supporting the XTREME and MASTER cards from Aorus.

This change isn't worth it if you're only doing it for a single GPU. If you're doing it for 3 GPUs and additional radiator support, now we're talking.

Ah well, comes down to what everyone says and what Wahaha wants the project to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: ellroy80

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

Wait so the D-RGB was 5c hotter due to dust or you think the D-basic gives better temps?

Also, did you happen to check the GPU temps with the 120mm, considering you also added an extra fan next to it?
I've used a Corsair H60 2018 (a 120mm AIO) and then moved to a Corsair H100i Pro XT (a 240mm AIO), and I saw anywhere from a 5-15c decrease in CPU temps depending on the work load.

In terms of GPU temps (I have a 2080 Super), those went up about 2-5c IIRC depending on the workload because I no longer had a fan dedicated to exhausting hot air out of the case. IMO, a 240mm AIO is the way to go.

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020

I guess I'm at the same point as the people you replied to but my question is more along the lines of:
I'm willing to wait for EVO based on the information I have on it, but now I'm not so sure with this reply. Is it not worth waiting on without this GPU / mobo (I have new components and am not looking to upgrade them right now)? Is this GPU / mobo a proprietary form factor that I would be unlikely to benefit from in a future build?

As the proud owner of a cancelled order, I'd like to ensure I'm able to get a v1.2 if I find out that the EVO is not for me. But I'm so interested in it that I can't make that determination right now. Really really looking forward to more info in it, but it sounds like it's months away yet.