Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Building with stock cables is kinda a pain in the ass, but the case is just so small and good looking. :eek:

Comparison with NR200p and Antec 300:

Internally:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X (stock settings)
AiO: Corsair H100i Platinum w/ 2x Noctua A12x15 (intake)
GPU: AMD Radeon 6800 XT (stock settings)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz 2x16GB
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-I
PSU: Corsair SF 750 Platinum
SSD: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB, M.2

In terms of thermals I am left with the following (HWiNFO64) after firing up CSGO (Deathmatch, 1440p, high):
  • CPU (Tctl/Tdie): ~70°C
  • Coolant: ~ 37°C
  • GPU: ~82-86°C
  • GPU Hotspot: ~88-102°C
  • Motherboard: ~54°C
I cannot use the Quiet Profile of the Corsair H100i anymore, as these temps ramp up the 2x Noctua A12x15 beyond 1470RPM, which is way too loud. CPU temp is good, only slightly above what I had in the NR200p (classic layout with 2x Noctua A12x25 on top for exhaust, radiator with slims on the side in intake mode).

GPU temps are a little bit concerning (?), as they increased about 9-10°C compared to the NR200p in classic layout (GPU fans facing towards bottom).
I noticed the case gets really hot, especially the GPU side towards the bottom, so maybe higher feet could help.

Do you have any experience or hints on how I could improve temps? Maybe even with the following things:
  • Undervolting
  • higher feet
  • fan position and orientation
  • cable cluttter (I ordered a J-Hack M2426, but this will take a while)
Undervolting will help for sure. I lowered the temps of my 2080 Super in my Ghost from 83C to 74C and noise levels are much better. Taller feet aren't going to do much since you don't have any bottom mounted fans. Changing the AIO fans to exhaust rather than intake will improve GPU temps but hurt CPU temps.

Reactions: DrHudacris and JDK

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Does it make a difference, if the fans are on top or below the radiator?

@rfarmer the 6800 XT seems to exhaust a little bit to the bottom. In the NR200p in classic layout this would just blow to the side (at the ventilated panels). Here it blows towards the table basically.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Does it make a difference, if the fans are on top or below the radiator?

@rfarmer the 6800 XT seems to exhaust a little bit to the bottom. In the NR200p in classic layout this would just blow to the side (at the ventilated panels). Here it blows towards the table basically.
Some have reported turbulence noise when the fans are below the radiator. It might be best to have them on top. It would also help if you route the tubes away from the fans/radiator as much as possible, but I'm not sure how feasible it is.

Reactions: JDK

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Undervolting will help for sure. I lowered the temps of my 2080 Super in my Ghost from 83C to 74C and noise levels are much better. Taller feet aren't going to do much since you don't have any bottom mounted fans. Changing the AIO fans to exhaust rather than intake will improve GPU temps but hurt CPU temps.
CPU temps could be lowered again by undervolting. @JDK Have a look at OT’s latest video:

Reactions: JDK and DrHudacris

EndingCredits

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2020
Building with stock cables is kinda a pain in the ass, but the case is just so small and good looking. :eek:

Comparison with NR200p and Antec 300:

* snip *

I love the Antec 300: just a basic mid-tower, but with a hint of elegance. Been trying to work out what the modern equivalent is.

thiccardo

Efficiency Noob
Jan 11, 2021
I know this has probably been asked like a million times, but does anyone know when we could expect the V1.1 to be able to be ordered again? I'm looking forward to using this case for my new build 😎

zz492

Chassis Packer
Dec 11, 2020
That’s the plan
Could you please let me know the estimated shipping time of Dec 1-4 batch silver T1? I saw people who's in Dec 28-31 even early Jan got their titanium and black T1s. I need to change my shipping address if you cannot ship the case by the end of Jan but I don't know whether you will ship the case this or next week.

DrunkenMercenary90

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Finally started (slowly) building in my T1, but no rush since I'm waiting on more parts to arrive anyway.

Got a few questions you guys can maybe help me out with regarding custom cables. I'm going to order the J-HACK M2426 and just realised I can also buy custom cables over there.

1. I saw that the M2426 is on back order, does anybody have a rough estimate how long I'll have to wait for this part/cable?
2. What length you guys recommend for the CPU and GPU power cables? I'm going to be using the PSU in flipped rotation.

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
I know this has probably been asked like a million times, but does anyone know when we could expect the V1.1 to be able to be ordered again? I'm looking forward to using this case for my new build 😎
The answer to that can be found right above your question...

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Settings the fans to exhaust and swapping one A12x15 to a A12x25 (even messier to build, as the A12x15 is in danger of touching the motherboard) lowered the temps a little (the smaller fan has a custom curve and the bigger one is on "quiet") and the case is sooo much cooler as well in exhaust. ^^

Again some CSGO (~30min Deathmatch, 1440p, high):
  • CPU (Tctl/Tdie): ~72°C
  • Coolant: ~ 37.5°C
  • GPU: ~77-82°C
  • GPU Hotspot: ~82-92°C
  • Motherboard: ~53°C
I am fine with those temps and noise is okay. We will see if a longer gaming session changes those, then I will try to undervolt a little bit.

Thanks for the help guys!

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
There's a super cheap coolermaster elite 120 on craigslist that i was going to buy as a stand-in case until the 2.0 releases but the poster wont email me back smh.

Anyone here in denver and have a cheap ass case to sell? could be convinced to pay for shipping if you're trying to offload a case. the cheaper the better lol i just want to get rid of my mid tower.

thiccardo

Efficiency Noob
Jan 11, 2021
The answer to that can be found right above your question...
I don't think you understood me, I saw that they said it is gonna still be produced, but I wanted to know if there was a general timeline of when we could probably expect them to be restocked again, that's all lol.

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
I don't think you understood me, I saw that they said it is gonna still be produced, but I wanted to know if there was a general timeline of when we could probably expect them to be restocked again, that's all lol.
Not sure how to read W360 his reply. Could also be that he meant that you will no longer be able to order a T1.

Reactions: bigwhiteyeti

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Could you please let me know the estimated shipping time of Dec 1-4 batch silver T1? I saw people who's in Dec 28-31 even early Jan got their titanium and black T1s. I need to change my shipping address if you cannot ship the case by the end of Jan but I don't know whether you will ship the case this or next week.

Black, Silver and Titanium yields are all unpredictable atm.

So we just ship the color we get to the next person in line.

We don't have ETAs b/c supply chain *refuses to give any - crazy times right now.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Not sure how to read W360 his reply. Could also be that he meant that you will no longer be able to order a T1.
Yeah me neither, not sure tbh, hopefully not hahaha. Hopefully W360 can clarify later. 🤞

We plan to continue making a updated version of T1 Classic, it will have mostly the same features as T1 V1.0 and V1.1.

We will call the refined update V1.2:
- remove *one Strut 3 on motherboard side for easier installation (tested and doesn't affected rigidity)
- remove Short Fan Bracket (only useful for *some 240 AIO mounting, better to mount 240 AIO directly on Top/Bottom Panel)
- update Long Fan Bracket (2 screws instead of 3 screws for mounting)
- one backplate for 2-Slot, 2.5-Slot, and 3-Slot GPU mode (working on 2.75-Slot, screw hole too close to 2.5-Slot)
- one backplate for 1.5-Slot GPU mode
- *maybe 240 AIO mounting on the Mobo Side for *slim fan dual 240 radiator setup.

In terms of production timeline, we don't have any, b/c our supply chain has told us they don't have enough anodizing capacity before Chinese New Year where all factories shut down. We are in absolute peak production period, where every brand around the world is trying to get things made before Chinese New Year shuts down factories for entire month in China. So our supply chain doesn't want to give any estimates on what they can't control either.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-01-12: T1 Classic V1.2 update feature list atm:​

- remove *one Strut 3 on motherboard side for easier installation (tested and doesn't affected rigidity)
- update Long Fan Bracket (2 screws instead of 3 screws for mounting)
- one backplate for 1.5-Slot, 2-Slot, 2.5-Slot, and 3-Slot GPU mode (working on 2.75-Slot, screw hole too close to 2.5-Slot)
- *maybe 240 AIO mounting on the Mobo Side for *slim fan dual 240 radiator setup.

One of the reasons to make the Classic V1.2 is to continue providing parts for V1.0 and V1.1, let's see how production goes.

NO ETA ON PRODUCTION, because we just don't know.

Please give us some feedback on features.

Last edited: