Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Was waiting for sunlight to take pics.
Here they are:

looks good - Im running a tx240 and tx120 with a 5900x and 3900 and get similar temps.
ambient 23
coolant under load is 40 - sometimes 41-42
5900x is around mid 70s
3900 is around 55-59

so not bad for a 360 surface area.

m0lly

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2018
My order was part of the Dec 1-4 E-White Batch. I got shipping originally but without a tracking number so my order status changed back to received. I emailed to switch to the new Titanium color and got refunded the difference in USD. Yesterday night I received an email with a shipping update and a tracking number that has movement already. Wasn't expecting Titanium to go out this quick.
Quick update on my post. DHL delivered my T1 (Titanium) today. I got the shipment email with the tracking number on Monday. Took 3 days for delivery to the USA. I'll take picture of it when I have it fully built. The QC check looks good. Still waiting on some other parts to come to start the build.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Have the model files been released for the front panels at all? Kind of want to have a go at modelling a front res for my FormD T1 that is on its way.

Reactions: DrHudacris and jouz

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Finally got my shipment confirmation! DHL Express immediately collected customs / VAT and processing fee.
Today I received the shipment (Austria)! Like wtf, that was the fastest delivery time from confirmation to actual delivery ever. :eek:

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020
Updated my build slightly, cleaning up some cables & adding QDCs for filling & bleeding with external reservoir in favor of the tiny reservoir:

I've also removed the DDC heatsink on the Aquanaut to get rid of the panel bulge - but looks like this noticably affected the CPU temps though, so I'll likely add it again after sanding it down (more info & tests in build log).

Last edited:

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Somehow threads that I start on the Reddit don’t seem to show up for others, so I’d like to ask the same here:

I done building my titanium T1, but I’m struggling securing the EK 240 AIO. I’m using the small bracket and understand I can then only secure the AIO on one side using 4 screws (the ones that come with the AIO)? I guess I could also use a tall bracket on the side where the AIO fill port is not located for more stability?

Also, how far forward am I supposed to push the rad? If I slide it all the way to the front I cannot push it down enough so that I can screw it into the bracket.

Thanks!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
well you should install it with a slim fan and then have appropriate length screws. There's not much to it really. What is the prob exactly? Because it sounds like you want to screw the rad onto the brackets while the rad itself is to wide.
A pic would really help.

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
well you should install it with a slim fan and then have appropriate length screws. There's not much to it really. What is the prob exactly? Because it sounds like you want to screw the rad onto the brackets while the rad itself is to wide.
A pic would really help.
I have two Noctua slim fans screwed to the rad, but I assume I will also need to attach the rad to the small brackets. Without doing that and having the not so flexible EK AIO cables to work with, the rad is not fixed securely / nicely.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Somehow threads that I start on the Reddit don’t seem to show up for others, so I’d like to ask the same here:

I done building my titanium T1, but I’m struggling securing the EK 240 AIO. I’m using the small bracket and understand I can then only secure the AIO on one side using 4 screws (the ones that come with the AIO)? I guess I could also use a tall bracket on the side where the AIO fill port is not located for more stability?

Also, how far forward am I supposed to push the rad? If I slide it all the way to the front I cannot push it down enough so that I can screw it into the bracket.

Thanks!
Your post was filtered out by reddit's spam filters. This happens to a lot of random posts every day. I approved the post and also commented on it.

retrotics

Efficiency Noob
Mar 8, 2020
Does anyone know why january batch cases are being shipped before december 28-31st (and presumably earlier) batches? For reference, mine is black dec 28-31st and is unfulfilled on the formd website, while people with black cases for jan shipping are posting their fulfilled orders and shipping notifications on the subreddit? Just kinda confused

retrotics

Efficiency Noob
Mar 8, 2020
Does anyone know why january batch cases are being shipped before december 28-31st (and presumably earlier) batches? For reference, mine is black dec 28-31st and is unfulfilled on the formd website, while people with black cases for jan shipping are posting their fulfilled orders and shipping notifications on the subreddit? Just kinda confused

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I've seen people from both the Dec 1-4 and Dec 28-31 batches getting their cases. Not sure what the prioritization is, but it seems like everyone that has ordered one is going to get one sooner or later. To me, it seems like everyone from these three batches (Dec 1-4, Dec 28-31, Jan) were all lumped into a single big batch

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
So I’m a little undecided on radiators to use.

what offers better performance?

HJ 17mm with 2 25mm fans in pull
Or
Tx240 with 2 15mm in pull

jouz

Trash Compacter
Oct 9, 2020

Or

I have neither rad, and maybe you can find actual numbers by looking around people's builds, but my take would be:
  • The HJ with 2x 25 will be more silent but have a lower ceiling for cooling potential, since increasing fanspeed will have diminishing returns due to it being thinner and having lower FPI (?)
  • The TX240 has higher ceiling/can likely cool higher loads, but the thin fans will be louder overall
If I were to buy something now, it would likely be the TX240, also given the QC reports on the HJs (seems like they often leak out of the box).

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Blackened my build (swapped tubes, PSU fan, and Hanjiang side radiator to black version).

Or
In case you haven't seen them there are results here and here. I think Hanjiang will do better when noise normalized, simply because Noctua A12x25 runs several hundred more RPMs than A12x15 at the same noise level. I really hate Hanjiang for their QC though.

You should always run a third push fan under the radiator, because that helps significantly. Having a third fan under Hanjiang will introduce top panel bulge if you are running A12x25 on top, unless you position the inlet/outlet at the rear end of the case.

Last edited:

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Building with stock cables is kinda a pain in the ass, but the case is just so small and good looking. :eek:

Comparison with NR200p and Antec 300:

Internally:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X (stock settings)
AiO: Corsair H100i Platinum w/ 2x Noctua A12x15 (intake)
GPU: AMD Radeon 6800 XT (stock settings)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz 2x16GB
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-I
PSU: Corsair SF 750 Platinum
SSD: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB, M.2

In terms of thermals I am left with the following (HWiNFO64) after firing up CSGO (Deathmatch, 1440p, high):
  • CPU (Tctl/Tdie): ~70°C (74°C with quieter profile)
  • Coolant: ~ 37°C (40°C with quieter profile)
  • GPU: ~82-86°C
  • GPU Hotspot: ~88-102°C
  • Motherboard: ~54°C (59°C with quieter profile)
I cannot use the Quiet Profile of the Corsair H100i anymore, as these temps ramp up the 2x Noctua A12x15 beyond 1470RPM, which is way too loud. CPU temp is good, only slightly above what I had in the NR200p (classic layout with 2x Noctua A12x25 on top for exhaust, radiator with slims on the side in intake mode).

GPU temps are a little bit concerning (?), as they increased about 9-10°C compared to the NR200p in classic layout (GPU fans facing towards bottom).
I noticed the case gets really hot, especially the GPU side towards the bottom, so maybe higher feet could help.

Do you have any experience or hints on how I could improve temps? Maybe even with the following things:
  • Undervolting
  • higher feet
  • fan position and orientation
  • cable cluttter (I ordered a J-Hack M2426, but this will take a while)

Last edited:

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Do you have any experience or hints on how I could improve temps? Maybe even with the following things:
  • Undervolting
  • higher feet
  • fan position and orientation
  • cable cluttter (I ordered a J-Hack M2426, but this will take a while)
The radiator fans should be set to exhaust. That will likely help with your GPU thermals.

Reactions: DrHudacris and JDK