Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
If we want to briefly return to enjoying fun builds in this case, I completed my 3xNoctua AA12x25 build!

Step 1 was acquiring another TX240, this time in the standard configuration. Got that and two more Noctua's from Highflow.nl in the Netherlands. Shipping to Canada was expensive but super fast. Only took 3 or 4 days.
I then proceeded to sand down the fans in order to have them fit on top of the radiator. Probably took off 3mm, all on the intake side. Fan hub protrudes front the frame but does not rub on the radiator at all - no mods required to the radiator.

Then it was time to drain the loop...again lol. The drain port only gets so much out so I have this fun cup strategy I have come to love.

Then built it all up for some open case tests, including the side radiator.

With the case open and both radiators installed, I ran some tests. REMEMBER this is with the case entirely open so can't be directly compared to the closed case tests for the final config. I have found that closing the case usually pushes everything about 4C higher, so keep that in mind when comparing between the before/after thermals.
Heaven 4.0 for 30 minutes, with average values from the last 10 minutes of the test (note, this is the method for all future values you'll see too)
  • Water: 38.3C
  • CPU: 66C
  • GPU: 53C
  • All 5 fans: Roughly 1100 RPM
My results with the EK radiator, one slim fan, one full size fan, and the side radiator before:
  • Water: 42.6C
  • CPU: 68C
  • GPU: 53C
  • All 4 fans: Roughly 1300 RPM
So there was a pretty impressive improvement. But then that got me thinking...how much could that side radiator really be doing? I proceeded to turn the side radiator fans off, cover up the fin surface with paper and run some additional tests. I found that water temps were only 1C higher with the side radiator basically "blocked off". I'm sure it was still providing some passive effect but very little.
So I decided that this new top radiator setup would let me eliminate the side radiator entirely. This would net me a system that is much less complicated, much easier to service, quieter (fewer fans in total and an elimination of the side fans operating with only a ~2mm gap), eliminate the small GPU side panel bulge my radiator was causing, and let me see that nice EK GPU block.
So I tore the loop apart again and rebuilt without the side radiator. Final photos are below! You'll note that I'm not using the radiator bracket at all as that allows for another ~1mm or so of clearance and the radiator is wide enough to support itself on the side struts without the bracket.

Thermal results using same methodology as above, but this time with the case FULLY CLOSED:
  • Water: 46.5C
  • CPU: 78.1C
  • GPU: 60C
  • All 3 fans: Roughly 1450 RPM
Obviously, thermals are a little bit warmer in this setup, but the system is also SUBSTANTIALLY quieter than any previous iteration I have built.
NF-A12x25 fans are just so quiet and efficient, even though they're running at higher RPM than any of the fans were in any of my previous setups. For similar systems (3080 and 5600x), I don't think I can recommend the side radiator anymore.
It still requires sanding fans (unless you can find a thinner GPU block than I did) and even then still might cause a bulge in the side panel if you actually leave enough gap for half-decent airflow. I also think that that small airspace on the GPU side makes the fans much louder than they otherwise would be.

So at the end of the day, if you're going to go through the hassle of finding a TX240, sanding fans, and forcing a radiator into the side chamber to cool a 3080 and 5600x....don't lol. Sand 2 full size Noctua's instead!

Happy to answer any questions guys!

baldersz

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2020
Where do I check this? In the Shop app it says Queuing For Air Shipping (no tracking# until onboard airplane), but on the website it says "
Your order is confirmed
You’ll receive an email and text when your order is ready."

This is exactly the same for me, it sounds like we may or may not have made the cut? I got the shipping notification email on the 10th December, the website says
your order is confirmed. You’ll receive an email and text when your order is ready.
however the shop app says
Queuing For Air Shipping (no tracking# until onboard airplane)

Very confusing!

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Really not confusing at all -

“If your order is *still showing Queuing For Air Shipping (no tracking# until onboard airplane), your order shipped.” From the man himself.

Reactions: DrHudacris

baldersz

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2020
“If your order is *still showing Queuing For Air Shipping (no tracking# until onboard airplane), your order shipped.” From the man himself.

Yeah but then I got the email saying my order had been delayed. I emailed back asking if this was still the case and they said yes. So I may or may not have a case being shipped to me

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Yeah but then I got the email saying my order had been delayed. I emailed back asking if this was still the case and they said yes. So I may or may not have a case being shipped to me
I think you should assume what the website shows. Don’t think anyone is using the app nor is it ever referred to by the team. My order status has also reverted back to confirmed.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
picked up my T1 from the post office today, took me around 2 hours to disassemble my A4, and build into the T1 swapping to the EK 240AIO with noctua slim fans.
I went 3 slot mode for possible gpu purchase in the future (1080ti getting a bit long in the tooth) was pretty challenging getting the AIO tubes in, everything else went without issue.

my gpu does press against one of the AIO tubes ever so slighly though, might need a re-jig when/iff i get a new gpu.

full load stress test on my 3950x for 20mins had me up to 62deg c holding 4.125ghz with a 25deg ambient, much better than the C7G inside the A4, and a damn site quieter too (the noise was why i wanted the upgrade in case)

Rather chuffed, just need to get a drgb splitter so i can hook the cpu block and some led strips up at the same time (board only has one header) I only ever set it to a white at 50% brightness, as i am not big on rgb, but a bit of white glow helps illuminate my desk at night, ive matched the colour temp to that of my acer XR38's down-pointing LED's 'white' setting.

will maybe get some photos up later in the week, I didn't take too many, and i still need to get back in after the RGB and trim some zip ties.

baldersz

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2020
I think you should assume what the website shows. Don’t think anyone is using the app nor is it ever referred to by the team. My order status has also reverted back to confirmed.

Interesting, I got another "dispatched" email and now the website shows it's pending a tracking number

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
It's a little bit of everything.

Covid = factories are operating below optimal levels since they have to keep workers spaced apart physically, decrease efficiency increases costs.

End of year = demand for their factory is near peak, so the opportunity cost of any machine time is the highest.

Aluminum Price Surge = 40% for raw material compared to first contract

Put it together, and you get problems hard to contain.

Taking this and other factors like a redesign and pci4 cable in account I have made up my mind concerning my order and have requested a refund.
Once other parts will become available, I will order these. Good luck sorting everything out and best wishes to the Formd team.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Taking this and other factors like a redesign and pci4 cable in account I have made up my mind concerning my order and have requested a refund.
Once other parts will become available, I will order these. Good luck sorting everything out and best wishes to the Formd team.
I am hopeful W360 will sell the pci gen 4 risers on his store once he has the perfect one for the case, i will order one once he does.

Reactions: biopunk and PKAWA

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I am hopeful W360 will sell the pci gen 4 risers on his store once he has the perfect one for the case, i will order one once he does.
Yes that would be ideal, and would also buy the black aluminum side panels. I think those would look great on the case.
Right now my top and front panel are underway to a company to be anodised silver so that my case will be duo tone instead of all black.
That color scheme really grew on me, and really love the color combination right now, especially in combination with the Dynavox case feet I ordered for it.

Wootyz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 25, 2020
I just got an email notification within the past hour saying that my order is being shipped and have a DHL tracking code. I ordered back in Sept 25th and was part of the Dec 1st-4th batch for a black case.

I originally got the email saying my order would be delayed like everyone else. Did W360 re-negotiate in attempt to get the rest of those cases? This is much sooner than expected and I'm not getting too hopeful since it seems too good to be true.

Reactions: CorruptCommanderAc

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
I just got an email notification within the past hour saying that my order is being shipped and have a DHL tracking code. I ordered back in Sept 25th and was part of the Dec 1st-4th batch for a black case.

I originally got the email saying my order would be delayed like everyone else. Did W360 re-negotiate in attempt to get the rest of those cases? This is much sooner than expected and I'm not getting too hopeful since it seems too good to be true.
Congrats! It might be because you ordered a black one instead of white? I ordered a white one on Sep 20th and I still haven't received any further updates...

Reactions: Wootyz

CorruptCommanderAc

Cable Smoosher
Dec 7, 2020

I also ordered in Sept 25th but no luck for me. May I know any other also order the black one and received shipping information recently?

DrunkenMercenary90

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019

Lucky! Good for you man. September 28th order here and as expected no shipping yet (black case). A few more cases apparently are being shipped! Would love to hear from W360 if there are any developments with the issues with the manufacturers. Fingers crossed I'm going to be one of the lucky next ones for his/her case to be shipped.

@Wahaha360 I was in a bit of a shopping spree yesterday night for a temporary case until I get my T1 and I literally spent hours to conclude that nothing can replace the T1. I'm bored with the Ncase M1 (I've had two in the past), I love the Dan A4, but to many restrictions for CPU and GPU cooling (same goes for Ghost S1). All other SFF cases I don't appreciate the design (ugly or just too large) or the build quality.
TLDR; you have an amazing product and I hope you get through these manufacturers issues soon. Not going to cancel my pre-order of the 1-4 Dec batch, because this case is simply end game for me. Best of luck and I hope we get to hear from you soon again!

Edit: Looks like the FormD T1 is best sub 10L case according to the god Optimum Tech:

Last edited:

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Just put in my new dual 8-pin to 12 pin Ampere PSU cables from DreamBigByRay. Got him to make them 20cm and it''s pretty much perfect for a flipped PSU - enough room to install easily, but not so much that it bunches.

I've also put in the Linkup Pcie4.0 riser - 20cm. There's a little more cable than comes with the stock riser - so there's more pressure on the bottom panel.
It might be worth getting something like the 25cm cable, so that you can fold it back on itself, rather than have the excess push against the panel.