Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Geedub

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2017
I just got my FormD T1 today and was in the process of building it when I ran into this roadblock:

The riser cable is too short to properly be seated in the pcie slot on this MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard. I own a Louqe Ghost S1 and a Dan A4-SFX and I never ran into a situation like this.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I just got my FormD T1 today and was in the process of building it when I ran into this roadblock:

The riser cable is too short to properly be seated in the pcie slot on this MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard. I own a Louqe Ghost S1 and a Dan A4-SFX and I never ran into a situation like this.

Hard to tell from your photo, is the riser running between the top strut and motherboard or around it? It should be between strut and motherboard.

Also try what @Speedster suggested!

Geedub

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2017
It was routed behind the motherboard, I found a fix by using the riser cable for my Louqe Ghost S1:
This is the same way I ran the included riser cable.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
This is the same way I ran the included riser cable.

Ahah! This is the problem. You have the riser secured one slot too far and lower. In the above picture the riser should be mounted to the holes behind and slightly above where it is now (from the perspective of this photo)

Edit: in other words, the holes closer to the motherboard. Otherwise you'll be in for a surprise when installing your GPU ;)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Lack of proper manual is the root of the problem, I watched Optimum Tech's build of this case and was still left confused on some of the steps to take. Thanks for the observation of my mistake.

I know, it's being worked on, when you have people on different continents and different schedules it's challenging.

One of the guys who bought the case writes technical manuals and is helping us out to do a proper job. I am sorry you were struggling with the assembly.

It's double hard for me because I don't have a case yet and I can't walk anyone through their problems.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Ahah! This is the problem. You have the riser secured one slot too far and lower. In the above picture the riser should be mounted to the holes behind and slightly above where it is now (from the perspective of this photo)

Edit: in other words, the holes closer to the motherboard. Otherwise you'll be in for a surprise when installing your GPU ;)
He likely only needed to connect to the PCIe first. I ran into a similar issue but saw that once it's plugged in, you actually gain some mm and it was enough to make the riser bulge on the cover making it slightly too long so I ended up connecting it to the lower one anyway with one screw.

Last edited:

kmnvhs

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2020
instagram.com
Yeah here's the thing, it's called covid. Shipping options are limited all over the world. When we did the test ship, covid was just getting started. Alot has changed in 4 months. Worldwide logistics isn't that simple as it was a year ago and as for taxes, that's the way the world works. There is absolutely nothing that Wahaha360 could have done to prevent you from getting hit twice with taxes.

WRONG -i bought my NCASE M1 V6.1 in march THIS YEAR in COVID TIMES! and have less trouble with shipping. Covid is not the anser for every thing my friend XD

GDSK costs aren't tax costs. GDSK is a private company that works with EMS, all packages go through them in germany. You pay them 30€ so they do all the paperworks for customs and what not. But you don't have to use their service. You can do everything on your own and save yourself the extra 30€.
I know the paperwork looks complicated and overwhelming at first glance but I can promise you they aren't worth paying 30€ so someone else does them for you.

In retrospective it was pretty easy with some tutorials you can find online, there are even some rough instructions from GDSK themselves. But I agree there are other carriers that ship the package to a customs office in your area where you can pick it up yourself without doing any paperworks, only need to pay your customs fee (with EMS all packages are sent to general customs office in frankfurt)

Anyways on another note: did you already receive your case? Mine has arrived on friday in germany, now waiting for the customs to process the papers :/

Sure, but i read some tutorials online but there are from 2011 and a lot have changed. in conclusion i pay 234 Euro(incl.sfflab"shipping") for the case and 85 Euro for the import (30 Euro gdsk, 15 Euro import; 40 Euro taxes). For comparions i paid 260 Euro (case+taxes) for my Ncase and its from china too. I hope he check the shiiping for the next batch for germany its a big mess.
*the case chilling now in frankfurt -> i hope it arrives next week.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
WRONG -i bought my NCASE M1 V6.1 in march THIS YEAR in COVID TIMES! and have less trouble with shipping. Covid is not the anser for every thing my friend XD

Relax friend, @gwertheim mentioned test shipping earlier this year was smoother. That was in March also.

So idk, maybe instead of saying "WRONG XD", you should leave it to those who have been following the case much longer, mkay?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

You probably live in the states where you are the petry dish of the world. I live in Canada where I have to put up with dumbass Americans who come into my country and do not respect the laws and travel around like everything is normal and potentially getting people sick. Meanwhile I can't even get an Ncase shipped to my country or even 20 screws because we have limited the flights from around the world to do our best to keep our population from getting sick.

How old are you? What do you know about worldwide logistics? How much air freight capacity has been cut? How much of the world's goods move by plane?

I have a better idea than you because I have been reading about this since I got my first sff case in 2017 when I was one of the community managers with the ghost s1 team.

I have been tracking the trends of this shit show since Feb. It is harder and more expensive to move anything from Asia to North America right now because passenger flights do not exist to move fright. Not to mention that because of social distancing customs and package logistics is backed up to the point where I have been waiting 3 weeks to get a DC-LT 40 from Springfield, MO to Toronto, ON.

Please do not come in here and tell me that I am wrong without backing up your statement.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
When you need a Noctua 5700XT ???

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Last edited:

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
You probably live in the states where you are the petry dish of the world. I live in Canada where I have to put up with dumbass Americans who come into my country and do not respect the laws and travel around like everything is normal and potentially getting people sick. Meanwhile I can't even get an Ncase shipped to my country or even 20 screws because we have limited the flights from around the world to do our best to keep our population from getting sick.

How old are you? What do you know about worldwide logistics? How much air freight capacity has been cut? How much of the world's goods move by plane?

I have a better idea than you because I have been reading about this since I got my first sff case in 2017 when I was one of the community managers with the ghost s1 team.

I have been tracking the trends of this shit show since Feb. It is harder and more expensive to move anything from Asia to North America right now because passenger flights do not exist to move fright. Not to mention that because of social distancing customs and package logistics is backed up to the point where I have been waiting 3 weeks to get a DC-LT 40 from Springfield, MO to Toronto, ON.

Please do not come in here and tell me that I am wrong without backing up your statement.

My God man.... go easy on the guy, that was bloody brutal. He could be american after all, no need to completely ruin his day XD. I know jack shit about shipping logistics but it makes a lot of sense... for small private packages such as this its a lot easier to just bundle some packages onto a commercial passenger plane than it would be to wait for a transport plane to move packages... if their aint any passenger flights, its a lot harder to move small packages... its a pretty simple concept to wrap you head around.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020

finally laptop is bigger that my compact pc !!
:)

ok... so im gonna unsubscribe from this thread and not bother ordering a T1 anymore.... ima get myself a suitcase computer instead. All you scrubs are looking at ideas for a backpack to carry your T1 when i can roll mine down the street. But for real... why does this remind me of the nuclear football so much.

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

tkk

Case Bender
New User
Aug 8, 2020
Hello everyone, I was one of the lucky few who managed to snag a T1 yesterday.

I've been casually lurking this thread for a while now, and I think I've decided that I want to go for a 240mm AIO (most likely the H100i). Most of the 240 AIO builds I have seen use 2 x 15mm fans, but I am seeing mixed results of whether or not it fits. The FAQ states that there is 41 mm of rad + fan clearance, while Optimum Tech claims that there is 43 mm. Is the clearance dependent on the motherboard, or is there some other factor I am not considering?