Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
I sincerely recommend avoiding aquatuning.us at all costs in the future. It took them almost 10 days to reply regarding the delay with my order. July 16 they tell me my order is ready to ship minus a couple 90 deg fittings they expect in stock on the 21st. I say no problem I can wait. On the 21st they tell me the 90 deg fittings are still not in stock. So now I say screw it please ship my order without the 90 deg fittings.

9 days later they finally reply and tell me the LT Solo from my order is out of stock. So the unit they set aside for me on the 16 is missing or they likely sold to another customer but they won't admit it. Never again. I don't know why it took me this long to realize you are better off ordering from Taobao through Superbuy. Prices end up being slightly cheaper as well. Items are difficult to find but googling helps.

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
Anyone knows of a website with the Alphacool 40 DC-LT res in stock? Can't find it anywhere. Case is set to arrive tomorrow, and wanting to do custom loop after the case gets a new paintjob.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Anyone knows of a website with the Alphacool 40 DC-LT res in stock? Can't find it anywhere. Case is set to arrive tomorrow, and wanting to do custom loop after the case gets a new paintjob.

this guy is selling a bunch on reddit. not sure if you are in the US or not
Fixed it

this visual size comparison reference has me rolling lol. just measure everything in units of oreos from now on

perfect logic actually since we're measuring case sizes with banana and Coke cans ? ? ? ?

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
2020-07-30: Three updates!

1. Official Instagram Account @formdworks

Human malware really suck. Social distancing and working from home is making us lonely and stressed. So please follow us or give us a like on Instagram, we need all the positive energy we can get to keep moving forward.

2. Bigger batch = less preorder drama

The bad new is that our data suggest demand is still increasing, while our supply hasn't changed, which translates to preorder drama and dissapointment.

The good news is that we might have a solution. Our manufacturing limitation is largely due to CNC Machining doesn't scale like typical Sheetmetal cases, and CNC Machine Time Allocation. We have been fighting for more machine time allocation. Some time in September, we will open preorder for a larger batch shipping in October. For people that are tired of the panic of trying to get a T1 and not able to, don't stay up late or let preorders ruin your day, just check in with us September.

3. Official T1 Build Guide is in the works

Some of you are having issues with building the T1 using current T1 Instruction Manual. So @gwertheim and I are working on a build guide this weekend, hopefully something to show next week.

In the meantime, here is an animation to help you visualize T1 assembly.

Is that a gunmetal/black two tone on the instagram account? That looks awesome....better start saving! I need that in my life.

jvarg

Chassis Packer
Jul 2, 2019

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. The DC-LT 40 was the last piece I needed!

Reactions: Chaca

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. The DC-LT 40 was the last piece I needed!
What would be the advantage to use it over the lt240 with gpu block?
I'm asking because they use the same pump and i really like the look, but can't see the additional value?

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I'm asking because they use the same pump and i really like the look, but can't see the additional value?
It's the same pump so nothing there like you said. You can add your own cpu block which could allow for slightly better performance. the real benefit is the reservoir to make filling easier

jvarg

Chassis Packer
Jul 2, 2019

For my specific use, I am using an EK Magnitude for my CPU block, and an EK Quantum Vector for my GPU block. I went with an EK CoolStream Classic SE 240 for my radiator, and decided to go the Alphacool route for my pump and reservoir combo. I had already purchased the DC-LT 2600 a few weeks back, and was just waiting for the DC-LT 40 to mate it to. If I had another pump already, or an AIO waterblock, I wouldn't need the DC-LT 40.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017

You'll be able to use whatever CPU block you wanted. It can also make filling the loop easier since the fill port on the LT solo is on the block and kinda hard to fill from. This is my perspective from a watercooling noob, but it does complicate the loop a bit. You'll have to get extra fittings that you might not need otherwise? (I'm not sure about that actually). I decided to go all out with my loop and I think using the DC-LT 40 will make filling the loop a lot easier.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Question, if you go the Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo CPU block path and not using the separated pump/resevoir path, filling the loop using the port on the block itself is the only viable way ? I have the EK Coolstream SE radiator by the way

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Question, if you go the Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo CPU block path and not using the separated pump/resevoir path, filling the loop using the port on the block itself is the only viable way ? I have the EK Coolstream SE radiator by the way

No, not unless you add a T fitting somewhere or use quick disconnects to hook up the loop to an external pump and res. @fabio suggested using the quick disconnects to make filling easier. If you don't do either of those two things then using the fill port on the LT Solo is the only way to fill the loop.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
you can add a T splitter to your loop and fill it from there
No, not unless you add a T fitting somewhere or use quick disconnects to hook up the loop to an external pump and res. @fabio suggested using the quick disconnects to make filling easier. If you don't do either of those two things then using the fill port on the LT Solo is the only way to fill the loop.
this is my go to solution as well so far. it adds a little extra work but it's useful for more than just filling loops. if you ever need to take parts out you could essentially remove anything. more contact points could mean more leaking points but the alphacool nylon tpv quick disconnects have been solid for 2 months so far. but idt you could add enough in this case to do that due to space. maybe with their new lineup or slimmer quick disconnects.

Last edited: