Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Amathophobia

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2020
really tempted to buy this, but want to see some of the test shippers try a custom loop in the T1 before I start buying some water cooling parts. this is the same aio that Wahaha recommends in the first post right? And it’s possible to remove the tubes and change them out as well?

Yes this is only 240mm radiator that will fit and is worth a crap from Wahaha's testing. Yes you can remove the tubes, the radiator and pump have standard g1/4 threads.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
If I remember correctly. There was something about removing the quick disconnect in to make the stock tubing fit. How is this done?

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
how is the 3.5 mounted? is it easy? i couldn't really see from pic

Actually it’s screwed in on one side only, I placed some pads to support the other side. Just to demo/show/try out that with a little bit of creativity, there’s no lack of storage options. Alternatively, that space should allow at least a couple or more 2.5 inch SSD

Reactions: oopsiesoup

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
广州市 is the name of the city Guangzhou.
离开 means 'departed' (from this context).
So, my guess is that the case has been moved from Dongguan (the city of warehouse storage) to Guangzhou and has subsequently left Guangzhou's handling centre.

I think, there is no update since 7th March as the package has already departed China (by plane from Guangzhou) and therefore you will have to track it within your country's system.
Mine was at this state for 5 days. Then it suddenly showed up at my local customs.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
If I remember correctly. There was something about removing the quick disconnect in to make the stock tubing fit. How is this done?

Interested in this as well. Still not sure if I want to go a full custom loop or LT240 with a Accelero Xtreme III, which would require removing the quick disconnect too I believe.

Reactions: forestpatrol

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
Interested in this as well. Still not sure if I want to go a full custom loop or LT240 with a Accelero Xtreme III, which would require removing the quick disconnect too I believe.

The alphacool LT uses standard fittings, so you can just unscrew them and replace the hose. You'll have to refill the loop though.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Removing the quick disconnect is recommended by not required for 2slot mode. Just makes clearance and fitment alot easier. But it can be done.

He did say that it will have to be removed for 3 gpu slot mode.

Personally I am going to opt for LT120/240 on cpu in 3 slot mode so I can have a beefy air cooled gpu.
Actually it’s screwed in on one side only, I placed some pads to support the other side. Just to demo/show/try out that with a little bit of creativity, there’s no lack of storage options. Alternatively, that space should allow at least a couple or more 2.5 inch SSD
Seeing the 3.5" drive in your build has made me think of the possibilities. I can find a LT240 for a fair price but I can get a Kelvin T12. So I am thinking settle for 120mm now and run my 3tb hhd. I cant afford to replace all my storage right now so if i can use my drives i will.

When I get my case I think I'll look at designing custom brackets for storage.

Also have you seen that 3.5" enclosure that takes 4x m.2 drives? Crazy haha. I was thinking of putting that in in the future.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I'll just leave this here.

yeah, after watching that with the upgrade to make it all fit properly, I’m gonna get the T1 and try my hand at a custom loop.

It seems like the bulge on the top panel was also fixed? Did anyone else notice that? He didn’t mention anything about it in this video.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017

@Wahaha360 How wide is this gap supposed to be? Nominal and tolerance? I measured it to be very slightly under 120mm. There is positive interference; the AIO doesn't fit. The AIO I am using is Corsair H75 which is exactly 120mm wide. I saw @tyen use the H60 which is also 120mm wide and he can fit it in.

Update: Managed to force the rad in after sanding it down. We should't go through this much trouble for radiators with 120mm nominal width.

Last edited:

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I wish he would have used the right rad and fan config. I imagine noise would have been better.
We are talking the difference of 1 15 vs 25mm fan. There may be a small measurable difference. But in practice with the rest of the system noise i doubt you could tell in daily use.

Besides. The sT30 is a thicker and denser rad. So you can run the fans slower for thr same temp. Cancellimg out the noise difference most likely.

That said. I also wish he used thr correct rad since it is what most people who go water will be using.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

@Wahaha360 How wide is this gap supposed to be? Nominal and tolerance? I measured it to be very slightly under 120mm. There is positive interference; the AIO doesn't fit. The AIO I am using is Corsair H75 which is exactly 120mm wide. I saw @tyen use the H60 which is also 120mm wide and he can fit it in.

Update: Managed to force the rad in after sanding it down. We should't go through this much trouble for radiators with 120mm nominal width.

Would it have been possible to mount the rad further aft to avoid colliding with those structures?

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018

It is a quite tight fit. I had to squeeze it in gently.
I didn't have to sand it however.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

It should be 120mm.

Did you measure the radiators width?

Reactions: Amathophobia