Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
The chipset fan on X570-i is a 30mm one.

I have the same mobo, CPU and Aquanaut, no temperature spikes here in idle other than those due to background activity (e.g. Windows Update, Windows Defender). Power plan is set to High Performance.

FWIW my BIOS settings:
PCIe Mode: Gen 3
Above 4G Decoding: Enabled
Re-Size BAR Support: Auto
PBO: -20 all cores
PBO Limits: Motherboard
DOCP Enabled
VDDCR CPU Power Phase Control: Optimized
VDDCR SOC Power Phase Control: Optimized
VDDCR CPU LLC: Level 3
Performance Enhancer: Level 1
I have the same board and 5950x, I have my performance enhancer set to level 3. Do you know of any downside to having it at level 3 daily vs where you have it at level 1?

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Yes I have done that using the settings Optimum Tech suggests with an offset of negative 30. Does nothing for temps though, just results in better clock speeds at the same temp supposedly.

Without PBO temps are a little better sure, but not that much. I think around 5c idle, and nothing under load.
Meanwhile I get micro stuttering in games, and temps of over 83c and nothing seems to work.

My system:
Asus X570-i
AMD 5900x
Nouvolo Aquanaut
EK DDC 3.2 PWM with heatsink
G.Skill 32gb ram 3600mhz
Corsair SF750
J-Hack
Asus 3080 TUF
Linkup 20cm pcie 4.0 riser
2x Adata sx8200 pro M.2 SSD 2TB
2x Noctua 15mm chromax fan
(Waiting on the black 25mm q3)
Coolworld 240mm full copper rad.
2x GW.05 2.4/5.8-7.125GHz Monopole Antenna Taoglas
Silverstone remote control SST-ES02-USB

I have ordered a chinese waterblock which should get temps down a few degrees, and will be adding a 25mm fan in the future.
I have ordered a Noctua A4x20 for chipset and SSD cooling, and a Thermaltake heatpad to replace the stock one on the chipset but they have not been delivered yet.

Beyond that I tested with different settings and the only thing that really helps temps is windows power saving scheme.
It downclocks everything but does keep it at 35c idle without spikes. Not using it though.

Meanwhile micro stuttering keeps happening with new windows install, new install of ac valhalla, performance energy scheme, and pbo.
I'm lost in what else I could possibly do.
Right now my 8700k performed better in games.
I have the same board and CPU and do not experience any stuttering or lag. Running the latest final BIOS version. I know someone that did have stuttering, although with a B550 board, and he managed to fix it by enabling the performance power plan in the Nvidia control panel.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I have the same board and 5950x, I have my performance enhancer set to level 3. Do you know of any downside to having it at level 3 daily vs where you have it at level 1?
Level 3 sets a very high PPT for OC. Without OC it seems to perform worse than Level 2, my 5900X draws 171W with Level 3 and 200-210W with Level 2.
My Aquanaut can't handle either of them at 25% RPM so I stick to Level 1.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Level 3 sets a very high PPT for OC. Without OC it seems to perform worse than Level 2, my 5900X draws 171W with Level 3 and 200-210W with Level 2.
My Aquanaut can't handle either of them at 25% RPM so I stick to Level 1.
What radiator size are you using for the 5950X? I dunno maybe it is "only" the issue with Aquanaut. But I have been seeing mixed info I have read that there are high temps even with much beefier config with bigger rad, case dimensions/ventilation etc.

Let me know what kind of temp do you expect, then maybe I can see if I can improve on the design for future updates. Appreciate if anybody could share the kind of contribution to temps the block gives versus other parts in the loop, e.g. pump, rad, fan speed, case air flow, etc.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X review | TechRadar

TechRadar: "For instance, in our testing, the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X reached a maximum temperature of 86°C – and that's with a 360mm AIO cooler attached. Don't worry, that's just how Ryzen is designed. AMD has told us that the new processors may peak around 98°C, and that it's expected"

Last edited:

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
what radiator size are you using for the 5950X?
I have 2x 240mm with 5x NF-A12x15.

Aquanaut's performance seems to be heavily dependent on the flow rate. Cranking up the pump speed to 50% reduces CPU temps by several degrees, but my DDC-1T+ gets annoyingly loud. ~25% is the maximum I can tolerate.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Well just tested same settings on 8700k against the 5900x with the division 2 on ultra settings and fps are 75/80 for the 8700K and 45 for the 5900x
Meanwhile temps on the 8700K are a good 20c lower on idle and load.

So far found 2 problems, the first was that i had a persistent air bubble in my system which I managed to get out
The second was that one of the pins of the power cable for the gpu wasn't seated right so was most likely not making contact.
FPS are back but stability is still not where it should be. It gets very hot and sometimes running cinebench it will reboot without warning.
It did that today trying to download a game as well.
R20 gives me around 8550/8600 so i suppose that is where it should be.

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I have 2x 240mm with 5x NF-A12x15.

Aquanaut's performance seems to be heavily dependent on the flow rate. Cranking up the pump speed to 50% reduces CPU temps by several degrees, but my DDC-1T+ gets annoyingly loud. ~25% is the maximum I can tolerate.
I see, thanks for the info, maybe overall restriction created by double rad (plus the extra tubing) driven by single ddc pump means that higher power is needed for similar flow in single rad...

Renze

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2021
No freakout, just hoping to get some clarity and sharing an opinion :)
Earlier you stated you were targeting April for the T1 1.2 release which both me and undoubtably many others are eagerly awaiting. For me, mostly due to the slimmer GPU compatment options it provides. Is there perhaps any way you can give a bit more insight into what added benifits the redesign might give, and how long the redesign might take?
@Wahaha360
I don't mean to nag, but the unclarity is making it hard for me and probably others to make up my mind. Could you perhaps give us a little bit of insight into the intentions for the release of the T1 1.2? I was originally planned to ship right now and the EVO is set for Q1 2022 now, so I imagine it will be somewhere in between. The specific things I would like to know is:
-The intended release date for the T1 1.2
-What feature set will it have over the T1 1.1
-Will there be a possibility to upgrade a 1.1. to a 1.2 with for instance an available backplate in the future?

I would be very grateful if you could answer these questions. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :)

Reactions: SFFUSER

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I see, thanks for the info, maybe overall restriction created by double rad (plus the extra tubing) driven by single ddc pump means that higher power is needed for similar flow in single rad...

Looking at the fin stack of the Nouvolo I think there's def room for improvement too.
They are not particularly thin, and that would probably help with heat transfer because you could add more and create a bigger surface area.
I've had the ddc at 27, 50 and 100 percent and can't say I notice a big difference in temps.
Also it would be nice to be able to mount the AMD version vertical.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
@Wahaha360
I don't mean to nag, but the unclarity is making it hard for me and probably others to make up my mind. Could you perhaps give us a little bit of insight into the intentions for the release of the T1 1.2? I was originally planned to ship right now and the EVO is set for Q1 2022 now, so I imagine it will be somewhere in between. The specific things I would like to know is:
-Will there be a possibility to upgrade a 1.1. to a 1.2 with for instance an available backplate in the future?

I would be very grateful if you could answer these questions. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :)
Yeah! I have the same questions. I really LOVE these cases, and i'm waiting for the T1 V1.2 too, but... I have no idea if I'll have to wait 2 months or 2 years. Aaaand... I dont want to buy other cases, but.. Iguess i cant live without one in the long term! :) Anyways, all my support to wahaha

Reactions: DrHudacris

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
What would yield better thermal results, 3x15mm Noctua in push pull or 1x15 and 1x25mm Noctua in normal lay out under the rad?
Sadly I don't have the room for 2x15+1x25mm because my gpu is on air.

Decided to go with 3x 15mm Noctua's for the chinese waterblock.
Will be using that with conductonaut between IHS and waterblock and Alphacool TPV if I can make them fit.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360

Yeah! I have the same questions. I really LOVE these cases, and i'm waiting for the T1 V1.2 too, but... I have no idea if I'll have to wait 2 months or 2 years. Aaaand... I dont want to buy other cases, but.. Iguess i cant live without one in the long term! :) Anyways, all my support to wahaha

Just finished adding more features to V1.2, maybe I should change the term to V1.5.

Anyways, will try and update with renderings this weekend.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I have a quadro aquacomputer and it has the 5pin usb connector. The problem is that my only usb port on the motherboard is taken by my silverstone remote control, so was wondering if anybody has the pin out to be able to cut of the 5 pin and connect it to the usb 3.2 header with a standard 3.2 connector. I don't want another splitter, there's enough cables already.

I feel like this is probably going to be my best option:

Last edited:

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
I have a quadro aquacomputer and it has the 5pin usb connector. The problem is that my only usb port on the motherboard is taken by my silverstone remote control, so was wondering if anybody has the pin out to be able to cut of the 5 pin and connect it to the usb 3.2 header with a standard 3.2 connector. I don't want another splitter, there's enough cables already.

I feel like this is probably going to be my best option:

This was for USB 3.0 so IDK if it will help you: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...md-t1-watercooled-build-log.15416/post-230515
Pins are explained here: https://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher...computer/downloads/manuals/QUADRO_english.pdf

Reactions: PKAWA

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Last edited: