Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

himself

Efficiency Noob
Dec 18, 2020
Moreover It feels like there is too little info right now to make an informed decision of whether to secure an early spot for v2.0 or settling for a v1.1 with one of the current color schemes, considering we have little info on what colors will be available then. However I do understand its kinda too early to say for those, just hope that the window for decision making can be extended for a bit.

FabulousCupcake

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 13, 2020
Moreover It feels like there is too little info right now to make an informed decision of whether to secure an early spot for v2.0 or settling for a v1.1 with one of the current color schemes, considering we have little info on what colors will be available then. However I do understand its kinda too early to say for those, just hope that the window for decision making can be extended for a bit.
I agree, I'd like to get a couple more photos/specific dimensions/pricing/shipping date rough estimation for the new v2.0 T1.
At the moment I'm inclined to keep my black t1 order since that's the only thing I really know.

Reactions: ellroy80

himself

Efficiency Noob
Dec 18, 2020
I agree, I'd like to get a couple more photos/specific dimensions/pricing/shipping date rough estimation for the new v2.0 T1.
At the moment I'm inclined to keep my black t1 order since that's the only thing I really know.
Yeah, for me i'd either have to switch to a color variation i don't like as much, or wait for black silver to come back in stock again which is a big question mark. I don't understand the specifics about why black silver is not available since its prolly uses the same process as black and silver cases but w360 prolly has his reasons

Nhilros

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2020
How does a vertical T1 2.0 even works? I guess the IO would be at the bottom (as the front CNC’d end is too pretty to hide), so then the power switch has to be placed somewhere else? What about clearance for blower type cards?

So many questions..

performancecomputer

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2019
www.performance-computer.com
This is a crosspost from Reddit. We finished our Part 2, an AIO build in the T1. You can see it here: https://www.performance-computer.com/builds/formd-t1-aio/

Last edited:

Sebastien Schellaert

Efficiency Noob
Apr 13, 2016
Hello everyone.
I just got yesterday my gunmetal T1.1
But I have already decided to replace the original power cord.
I have a question left... What is the type of screw I have to use? The screws needed are not delivered with the case.
Thank you in advance.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'm in no rush to receive a case. With that being said, I'm a part of the December 28th-31st E-White batch. I've seen the announcements and saw you'll be sending a cancel/swap email to those who ordered E-White. Will the email go out after the remaining 25% of E-White's are distributed on a first come first serve basis (those who ordered sooner will receive them until stock runs out)? That's what I'm assuming, but just want to check!

Would those currently with an E-White order be given the option to wait for the white T1 V2.0? I assume a V2.0 (with resolved manufacturing issues for a white color) is quite some time away, so it won't be offered?

Whatever E-White we have, will be sent to people remaining on the Dec 1st - 4th list. I think we have 3 left, so don't hold your breath.

We are NOT rolling V1.1 over to V2.0, because we don't know how the price will change, so just cancel.

We will attempt E-White again on V2.0, but no promises it will actually get better yields, but I suppose 25% is not hard to beat - we will see.

We will also attempt to make *powder coated White on V2.0, which we suspect will have much higher chance of success than E-White.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Are those that were originally in the early Nov batches that were pushed back to Dec 31 due to the QC issues getting priority over early Dec batches for e-white?

Also, if we were to choose silver, would you use the light gray mesh that was originally planned for the e-white? If so, could you post pictures of that combination?

We have maybe 3 pcs of E-White left, all going to Dec 1st - 4th people *based on the order received. Everyone else is going to be cancelled.

Silver comes with Black Mesh Side panels.

As part of our new manufacturing agreement, we have to compromise on variations, or no manufacturer will touch us with a 10 foot pole.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So, is there a PCIE 4.0 riser out there in the wild that we can use without issue/performance hits? Or is there an official unit in the works? Would love to update to a 3080 sometime in the near future, but do not want to deal the 4.0 mobo+3.0 riser+4.0 GPU handshake issue that exists.

Check reddit

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hello,

I have an order for T1 that was scheduled for late December and recently moved to early January. The color chosen was Gunmetal. I want to know if I will receive Gunmetal or have to choose another color.
If I choose to switch to black, will I be refunded the difference in value?

Thx!

Choose another color.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I ordered an E-white T1 on Sep 19 and was in the Dec 1-4 batch. If I cannot get one of the 25% E-white T1s, may I change to a silver one? And when might that silver one ship to me? Will I still be on the priority of Dec 1-4 batch?

No ETAs, we are trying to go as fast as we can, but too many things we can't control.

Either switch or cancel, can't decide for you.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
What are "Nov people"? Are they (A) people who placed an order in November or (B) people who before November placed an order with an original estimated delivery date in November?

(B) people who before November placed an order with an original estimated delivery date in November

Reactions: sandrew

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I got the email in regards to the latest updates this morning.

I plan on switching colors from my original E-White instead of letting it auto cancel for a refund but I don't know which color to choose since it doesn't state the new delivery ETA per color. I recall several pages back W360 saying Silver will probably be the first ones to go out? Do we have ETAs on the new Titanium color?

Also no mentions of a partial refund with the color change option from E-White despite the markup?

Again, no ETA, too much unknown.

We will make partial refund based on price difference.

Black, Silver and Titanium are now all USD 210, one price.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hello everyone.
I just got yesterday my gunmetal T1.1
But I have already decided to replace the original power cord.
I have a question left... What is the type of screw I have to use? The screws needed are not delivered with the case.
Thank you in advance.

I assume you will use female socket with ears. If that is true, M3*8 countersunk screws that comes with the T1 will work.