Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
I did some measurements

(I aligned both cards using the pcie connector as a reference. I can't think of a better way.)

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Ok, thank you :) my order appears as unfulfilled. Is it normal?
Yes, it just means they haven't shipped it yet. Did you pre-order or did you get into one of the friday drops? Because if you pre-ordered it will stay unfulfilled for a while because the case has not been made yet. If you got into one of the friday drops, give it a week or two, and if it hasn't been updated, contact support.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
What's your fan? I'm looking for some fan other than noctua (better to have rgb)
I also have some Scythe Kaze Flex Slim RGB (1800 RPM) fans in there. Since one of my Noctuas smells bad instead of spinning, I couldn't test them against each other. The Noctua fan might have also fried my PWM control on my Quadro on one port.
Have not expected this experience with Noctua fans and also support was quick on first response, but a few days have passed without further instructions from them or updates. I'm quite disappointed at the moment.

I also wrote with Jerry from Scythe and he teasered me something would be coming as an answer to some Kaze Flex Slim feedback. Maybe they try to beat Noctua? They also use some slim fans on their CPU coolers, so it wouldn't be far from what actually might be in the plans there.

Reactions: DrHudacris

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Actually I hope the 3070 will only have the memory modules on the front side of the pcb and EVGA makes a 2 slot design, which is good for the T1, like the 2070 super was. Im still on the fence, if i see any benefits of RTX 3000, if the GPUs are as hot as it is rumored.

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
I did some measurements

(I aligned both cards using the pcie connector as a reference. I can't think of a better way.)
so we might be okay dimensions wise, but I'm still concerned about the power cables

if the connectors are in the usual spot we might have a hell of a time trying to close the top panel

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
man I modded my 2080tis at the wrong time . Lol
Oh well - look forward to purchasing pair of the 3090s.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I did some measurements

Is that an actual card from a first party source or is it a photo from some website that MIGHT have the card but you don't know for sure

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Reactions: rfarmer

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
I hate to be that guy but how do we know that it's the real deal and not a concept?
This is more detailed than any fan-made concepts would ever be. There are details like stuff under the fins, fan mounting bracket visible through the blades, and protective film on fan hub on the other fan. We're only like 10 days away from announcement so I guess leaks of actual cards are pretty reasonable to expect at this point.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I'm looking for 90 degree 8 pin connectors to make custom cables. No extensions, just the connectors themselves if anybody has a link

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
This is more detailed than any fan-made concepts would ever be. There are details like stuff under the fins, fan mounting bracket visible through the blades, and protective film on fan hub on the other fan. We're only like 10 days away from announcement so I guess leaks of actual cards are pretty reasonable to expect at this point.

I agree - the effort you'd have to go to make this is unreasonable unless there's money to be made, but I can't see where that is...? Although you should never underestimate the degree of effort attention seekers will endure.

On second estimation - I think the card is actually just under 300mm long - using the pcie interface as the dimension reference.
The scale is distorted somehow, possibly just by perspective.

It might actually fit while we wait for some waterblocks to be made.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
I also think it's real, we're 10 days away from reveal, every rumor points to the 3090 being crazy power hungry etc.

This is also way more effort than some random troll would go through.

This will probably be a 350W+ card (because it's allegedly made on Samsung's inferior 8nm that is just a modified 10nm and not on TSMC's superior, "real" 7nm.), can a custom loop with a single, probably thin, 240mm radiator handle both a high tier CPU and this card?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I also think it's real, we're 10 days away from reveal, every rumor points to the 3090 being crazy power hungry etc.

This will probably be a 350W+ card (because it's allegedly made on Samsung's inferior 8nm that is just a modified 10nm and not on TSMC's superior, "real" 7nm.), can a custom loop with a single, probably thin, 240mm radiator handle both a high tier CPU and this card?
I agree, probably 306mm and really hoping that AMD will have the 2080TI beating card they say they have.
If it's 750 ish euro and 20% better that's what i'll get, because Nvidia looks less than ideal at this moment

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

A back-of-an-envelope calculation:-
GPU = 350W
CPU = 10900K (forget the PL1 and PL2 and just say, 200W)
Total = 550W

A thick 240mm rad (say, EK CoolStream XE 240, which is 60mm thick, FPI = 16) with high fan speed (say, 1850 rpm) in both push+pull configuration can only handle 350W (10C Delta).

So, it is unlikely a thin slim 240 rad can handle a higher tier CPU plus this monster card.

Just a very rough estimate.

Last edited:

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
The website is back up since yesterday after many days of down time.
I was placing an order when the site went in maintenance mode (Monday?) and there were still pre-order slots left for October, but now all the options are grayed out? The only update on Reddit to this time is the following:
2020-08-21: Shipping Regions Updated!
Shipping prices changes frequently, so just add item to cart to see the exact shipping price. We can *ONLY ship to these countries: United States, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Malaysia, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Estonia, United Arab Emirates, Mexico, Indonesia, Czech Republic, Israel, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Switzerland, South Africa.
I refuse to believe that I missed my opportunity, I was too diligent. We're just waiting for Wahaha to re-enable orders, are we not?

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
I think we should be fine - but that will depend on what you consider acceptable temperatures.

If you're ok with running components hotter and fans a little louder under load - staying under throttling limits at 80-100% fan speeds.
I largely play games with headphones on - so I don't mind if the fans ramp up and the component temps sit at 70-80.
I'd rather that than lower visual fidelity/performance.