Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
Anyone order from S. Korea/neighboring countries to China? It's shipping out from China right? Would it be cheaper to order to Korea rather than, for example, the US?

I ordered from Korea - what exactly is the question here? Not sure how much shipping was to the US, but KR shipping is probably cheaper.

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
Was the $50 premium for the two tone announced? Is it safe to assume there will be a premium for the gunmetal when it comes out as well?

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
OK, now that I went and got wasted and I that I'm less of a crybaby, I'd like to run a few questions to the crowd. I'll expand when the aspirin starts taking effect.
  • Has anyone noticed the site switch open at only T+4 minutes?
I applied my usual auction protocol by synchronizing my PC's clock, having the site loaded in another browser on a VPN and on my phone, having all my CC details ready to copy/paste, getting all my stuff in order.
At T - 30s, I started refreshing the FormDworks page. When at T + 45s the site was still loading properly but still displaying We'll be back soon! I started to wonder what was going on and why didn't Wahaha put the site on an automatic timer? Was he still writing changes to the site before publishing? Did I forget to take Daylight saving time into account?
At T + 3 minutes, I was seriously wondering what the hell was going on, it was still loading quickly and showing the We'll be back soon! message. Usually the site can't even load and you're stuck with a spinner.
At T + 4 minutes it finally loaded. Clicked the black button, saw the selection page, chose Black, tried to select the no riser option, but I couldn't. After refreshing the page once, it was still grayed, so I thought the hell with that and chose with riser. Then I noticed the 35$ shipping tag and cursed the signature requirement, because the package re-expedition company cannot deal with signatures and I was going to need to camp the site the day of the delivery or something like that, but it would be worth it. So I clicked on the proceed to payment button, got to the next page, and the Shopify CDN said that the case was OoS. I went back and that was that. I could only order the two-tone and trying to move the selection box selected both cases. I had loaded my debit CC with extra cash for contingencies, but the two-tone 50$ premium along with the premium 35$ shipping outdid my worse case scenario. Having bought the DAN-A4 from the original Kickstarter, I thought that I'd be asked to pay at maximum 25$ in shipping.

From what I'm reading, people have managed to order black without the riser, so I'm assuming some people didn't get the 4 minute penalty I had when trying to buy from central Europe?

Last edited:

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
OK, now that I went and got wasted and I that I'm less of a crybaby, I'd like to run a few questions to the crowd. I'll expand when the aspirin starts taking effect.
I applied my usual auction protocol by synchronizing my PC's clock, having the site loaded in another browser on a VPN and on my phone, having all my CC details ready to copy/paste, getting all my stuff in order.
At T - 30s, I started refreshing the FormDworks page. When at T + 45s the site was still loading properly but still displaying We'll be back soon! I started to wonder what was going on and why didn't Wahaha put the site on an automatic timer? Was he still writing changes to the site before publishing?
At T + 3 minutes, I was seriously wondering what the hell was going on, it was still loading quickly and showing the We'll be back soon! message. Usually the site can't even load and you're stuck with a spinner.
At T + 4 minutes it finally loaded. Clicked the black button, saw the selection page, chose Black, tried to select the no riser option, but I couldn't. After refreshing the page once, it was still grayed, so I thought the hell with that and chose with riser. Then I noticed the 35$ shipping tag and cursed the signature requirement, because the package re-expedition company cannot deal with signatures and I was going to need to camp the site the day of the delivery or something like that, but it would be worth it. So I clicked on the proceed to payment button, got to the next page, and the Shopify CDN said that the case was OoS. I went back and that was that. I could only order the two tone and trying to move the selection box selected both cases.

From what I'm reading, people have managed to order black without the riser, so I'm assuming some people didn't get the 4 minute penalty I had?

It didn't open at exactly 9am PST. Don't sweat it, mate. I think they had VERY few all black cases.

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
At T - 30s, I started refreshing the FormDworks page. When at T + 45s the site was still loading properly but still displaying We'll be back soon! I started to wonder what was going on and why didn't Wahaha put the site on an automatic timer? Was he still writing changes to the site before publishing?
At T + 4 minutes it finally loaded. Clicked the black button, saw the selection page, chose Black, tried to select the no riser option, but I couldn't. After refreshing the page once, it was still grayed, so I thought the hell with that and chose with riser. Then I noticed the 35$ shipping tag and cursed the signature requirement, because the package re-expedition company cannot deal with signatures and I was going to need to camp the site the day of the delivery or something like that, but it would be worth it. So I clicked on the proceed to payment button, got to the next page, and the Shopify CDN said that the case was OoS. I went back and that was that. I could only order the two tone and trying to move the selection box selected both cases.

From what I'm reading, people have managed to order black without the riser, so I'm assuming some people didn't get the 4 minute penalty I had?

I was able to get one, here was my process:
  • I assumed that it would come up "around" 9am PST, since you can't realistically be assured that your time is in sync. Plus I don't know if it's an automated or manual toggle to open the site. On my computer it ended up loading at about T+2min.
  • I knew that it was a Shopify site. If you've used any Shopify site previously, and set it to save your payment info, it will have all payment info and shipping address pre-populated. So basically after it's in your cart it's just a click or two before the order goes through, no other input.
  • I had the URL for the exact variant I wanted in my clipboard (black with riser, July 24 ship date). Every few seconds I opened a new tab and pasted the URL til it loaded. If you're reloading instead, make sure that you're doing a hard reload (Ctrl/Cmd + R, rather than clicking the reload button) -- the reload button is a soft reload that may load from cache rather than fully reloading the website.
  • Clicked buttons as fast as I could. I think the whole process took me about 30 seconds.

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
  • I assumed that it would come up "around" 9am PST, since you can't realistically be assured that your time is in sync. Plus I don't know if it's an automated or manual toggle to open the site. On my computer it ended up loading at about T+2min.
  • I knew that it was a Shopify site. If you've used any Shopify site previously, and set it to save your payment info, it will have all payment info and shipping address pre-populated. So basically after it's in your cart it's just a click or two before the order goes through, no other input.
  • I had the URL for the exact variant I wanted in my clipboard (black with riser, July 24 ship date). Every few seconds I opened a new tab and pasted the URL til it loaded. If you're reloading instead, make sure that you're doing a hard reload (Ctrl/Cmd + R, rather than clicking the reload button) -- the reload button is a soft reload that may load from cache rather than fully reloading the website.
  • Clicked buttons as fast as I could. I think the whole process took me about 30 seconds.
I usually do the same thing, but the cases were never put on sale previously, so there was no way of pre-entering the personal info.

Reactions: masklee

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
I usually do the same thing, but the cases were never put on sale previously, so there was no way of pre-entering the personal info.

It's any Shopify site, not just this one in particular. In my case I had ordered stuff from Ubiquiti, vinyl records from musicians' websites, merch from a local sports team, etc -- those were also Shopify sites. I had my payment/address saved previously from ordering on those other sites. Most small e-commerce sites these days are powered by Shopify.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Site loaded for me at 9:02 - i used my iPhone and Apple Pay. All I did was cash out and used my thumbprint. Quick and simple!

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
Site loaded at 9:01 for me, and I just chose my case (black w/ riser) and entered my payment information. Not sure if having the payment information saved is even necessary - probably took less than a minute regardless.

m0rr13

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2020
Hello folks!

First of all, congrats to those who successfully preordered T1! And I hope all the fans out there can get their own T1 very soon!

I am planning to order custom unsleeved cables from my local store for my T1, and going to use the flipped position for the PSU (SF750)

Could any owner of T1 recommend the length of each cable?

I have basic estimation by eyes on the T1 spec:
24 pin - 15cm
4+4 pin - 25cm
6+2 pin x 2 - 30cm

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hello folks!

First of all, congrats to those who successfully preordered T1! And I hope all the fans out there can get their own T1 very soon!

I am planning to order custom unsleeved cables from my local store for my T1, and going to use the flipped position for the PSU (SF750)

Could any owner of T1 recommend the length of each cable?

I have basic estimation by eyes on the T1 spec:
24 pin - 15cm
4+4 pin - 25cm
6+2 pin x 2 - 30cm

You can order from pslatecustoms.com he has the case and does great work

m0rr13

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2020

I have similar process like you and I did get one too.
Here are some tips and hope it helps.

1. Just go to any shopify site (eg. W360MOD), try to check out any items and get familiar with the checkout page
2. Open a text editor, type in all the necessary information you need from the checkout page (eg. email, shipping address...etc)
3. Bookmark the exact URL of the preorder page on the bookmark bar, keep clicking it until it gets into the preorder page.
4. Copy and paste the information from text editor to the checkout site (required quick finger! haha)
5. Or you can use autofill, which I didn't test.

I think I finished the whole process around 30 seconds also

m0rr13

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2020
You can order from pslatecustoms.com he has the case and does great work

Thank you for the recommendation!

I have checked his site also, great cables!
But due to the pandemic situation right now, shipping time take longer than usual.
That's why I think I will get it from my local store?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you for the recommendation!

I have checked his site also, great cables!
But due to the pandemic situation right now, shipping time take longer than usual.
That's why I think I will get it from my local store?

Most likely you will get both around the same time but it's your call. Not sure who has the measurements.

Reactions: Kundahli

osi1

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
Just use gpay.
I got a black one without any preparations.
Just had to do a few left clicks.
No need for any clipboard actions.

To get the precise time the preorder went online, i wrote a python script that checked every 10s for alterations on the side and if so, it sent me a WhatsApp message.

It went all smooth and I even had enough time to check twice if i got the version with riser in my cart.

Thank you Wahaha360 for your fantastic work and effort.

regards
osi1

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Oh Singapore was added? How did ya manage to check?

I scrolled what country for this batch first, I hope Indonesia already added to,, since our relation with China >_<

But yeah, I need another 3rd party for this situation