Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
2020-06-23 Preorder Update: sorry I been gone, day job is killing me.
  • T1V1.1changed Power Button to 19mm Anti-Vandal Switch (from 16mm), this had to be done for future components as well
  • We are still waiting for more information on which countries we can ship to *reliably
  • Colors available in this batch depends on Anodizing consistency, Black will definitely be available, Silver, Gunmetal Gray and Two Tone still unknown
I know some of you went out and bought 16mm Vandal Switch, might want to cancel

I also know there are some questions, let's just wait for after preorders go live

This information is also updated on the first post.
Any way we can buy one consisting of pieces with the bad anodizing? I'm planning on taking mine to a local Cerakote shop anyway.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Communication Update! - forum is no longer a good format, let's move to r/FormD first and SFFN second!

For those that feels this thread is hostile to questions, I feel sorry about the situation. For those that have been answering the same questions over and over, I also feel sorry about the situation. This forum thread is too big and congested to provide useful information updates for everyone, so let's just move for everyone's sake.

So going forward, we going communicate to Reddit first, SFFN second!

Last edited:

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
  • T1V1.1changed Power Button to 19mm Anti-Vandal Switch (from 16mm), this had to be done for future components as well
  • We are still waiting for more information on which countries we can ship to *reliably
  • Colors available in this batch depends on Anodizing consistency, Black will definitely be available, Silver, Gunmetal Gray and Two Tone still unknown

I also know there are some questions, let's just wait for after preorders go live

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
2020-06-23 Communication Update: forum is no longer a good format, let's move to Reddit.

For those people that believe the forum has been hostile, I feel sorry about situation.

For people that have been here for a while answering the same questions over and over, I'm also feel sorry about the situation.

I think this forum thread is too congested to provide useful information updates for everyone.

So going forward, we going communicate to Reddit first, SFFN second!

Reddit already banned in my country :v will use VPN for this situation

I'm pretty sure 500+ of those views were just me XD

Haha.. I hope..

• Sad
Reactions: DrHudacris

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
I've posted a link to a 16mm aluminium black anodized piezo switch a while ago. For those interested, here is the equivalent 19mm version of it with/without LEDs:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I've posted a link to a 16mm aluminium black anodized piezo switch a while ago. For those interested, here is the equivalent 19mm version of it with/without LEDs:

I need to get the black anodized one for some testing, it should be lighter in weight also, which is a plus.

Reactions: DrHudacris

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
I need to get the black anodized one for some testing, it should be lighter in weight also, which is a plus.

It's worth mentioning that you loose the ability to hard reset your pc with this switches as they only pulse for 300ms no matter how long you touch them.
However there are "normal" vandal switches in anodized black aluminium available from the same seller.

I made a post on reddit with a collection of switches:

Last edited:

Revolution

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020

Mine already ship, so the 16mm wont fit anymore then?

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
Here are some quick shots of my current build.
Running a 3700x and Asus 2070 super.
Cooling with Alphacool lt120 with custom tubes.

Temperatures are pretty good, 30-40c idle, around 60 while gaming, running prime95 pushes it to 70-80.

Gpu temps are also fine, 60-65 while gaming.

Hey @Floris would you happen to remember how long your custom tube run is? Would 400mm be enough?

andika_ei

Chassis Packer
Jun 21, 2020
want to ask if i put Alphacool lt120 for slim 240 rad and gpu water block is it good enough? or i should be like you put separate pump, cpu gpu waterblock and rad ???

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Wonder if any of the test shipper with the EK AIO take pictures of 3-slot mode showing how much the block protrudes out? I just got a good deal on the EK 240 and will receive it in a few days so I double checked the EK website and got stuck on the drawing
This is my understanding so somebody pls correct me if I'm wrong. The 52/53mm measurement is from the end of the mounting screws (on which the thumb nuts go on to). Takeaway the motherboard thickness of 1.6mm that leaves the block at 50.4/51.4mm above the motherboard. Which means in 3-slot mode (50mm clearance MB side) there will be practically no bulge (0.4mm excess) or slight bulge (1.4mm).
Triple-checked the 1st post again and saw the picture

Still I would like to see a picture of the actual protrusion I know this question has been asked before but since a picture is worth a thousand words and put my mind to rest. I just really do want to make 3-slot mode work as it opens up a lot more choices for custom GPUs. Cheers!

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wonder if any of the test shipper with the EK AIO take pictures of 3-slot mode showing how much the block protrudes out? I just got a good deal on the EK 240 and will receive it in a few days so I double checked the EK website and got stuck on the drawing

This is my understanding so somebody pls correct me if I'm wrong. The 52/53mm measurement is from the end of the mounting screws (on which the thumb nuts go on to). Takeaway the motherboard thickness of 1.6mm that leaves the block at 50.4/51.4mm above the motherboard. Which means in 3-slot mode (50mm clearance MB side) there will be practically no bulge (0.4mm excess) or slight bulge (1.4mm).
Triple-checked the 1st post again and saw the picture

Still I would like to see a picture of the actual protrusion I know this question has been asked before but since a picture is worth a thousand words and put my mind to rest. I just really do want to make 3-slot mode work as it opens up a lot more choices for custom GPUs. Cheers!

2020-05-06 Update: EK-AIO 240 barely fits, not easy to install, not recommended for beginners

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Wahaha360 Yes I've seen those pictures before. The one I'm asking for now is if you have a picture of a different angle, like from front to back or back to front without the side panel, or even top-down/bottom-up with the side panel

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
@Wahaha360 Yes I've seen those pictures before. The one I'm asking for now is if you have a picture of a different angle, like from front to back or back to front without the side panel, or even top-down/bottom-up with the side panel

Thats build is not from @Wahaha360 but from chips hell forum and like Wahaha360 reply for you
"EK-AIO 240 barely fits, not easy to install, not recommended for beginners"
My suggestion for you is, if you already have T1 you can measure alone what the parts for your T1, until then. Better didnt buy anything.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Thats build is not from @Wahaha360 but from chips hell forum and like Wahaha360 reply for you
"EK-AIO 240 barely fits, not easy to install, not recommended for beginners"
My suggestion for you is, if you already have T1 you can measure alone what the parts for your T1, until then. Better didnt buy anything.
yeah, that's why in the original question I asked other test shippers as well. Since 2 slot mode is a shoe in, at this point I know I'm gonna push it for 3 slot mode so just want to know what kind of protrusion/clearance/gap that I would be dealing with. Prepare to fail right? Worst case scenario (it's not that bad actually) I'll find out on the day I receive the case and document it then :)

And I already pulled the trigger on the EK AIO since it is 30% cheaper than retail price where I live.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

There is NO noticeable protrusion on Mesh Panel with EK240 AIO installed one 3 slot mode.

I installed this AIO myself into T1v1.1 3 slot mode, the tubing is a pain, but the pump block is not a big issue.

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
There is no noticeable protrusion on Mesh Panel with EK240 AIO installed one 3 slot mode.

I installed this AIO myself into T1v1.1 3 slot mode, the tubing is a pain, but the pump block is not a big issue.
thanks so much! my imagination can continue to run wild then. Squeezing stuff in is addicting for sure. And 60mm on the GPU side, now I'm wishing for a Big Navi hybrid with short PCB hahaha oh the possibilities ???

Josamacs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 28, 2020
I'm sorry if this is an obvious question but I don't see a second fan installed in the photo. It is possible to have 2 x 120mm fans (preferably the Chromax 15mm ones) attached to the EK240 rather than just 1 right?