Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
@fabio Thank you..
My friend's T1 has arrived, and he have x570i aorus..
And the best thing is, my friend let me build his PC, and lend me for a day or two and I will do some test with different setup

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
saw the useful links sheet and figured i'd draw attention to some other 8/11mm tubing options (compatible with stock LT240 fittings) that i ordered from mcmaster-carr recently in case someone stateside was looking to pick up some replacement tubing-

• the top is their standard EPDM, which i have been using for a few months now. it's glossy in appearance (kind of resembles tire tubing), and while likely fine for the standard tubing run in the T1 (front to back), i had some concerns over it kinking in short runs where non-rotary fittings were used (tho this can be avoided by using anti-kink coils) because the tubing is pretty soft and can buckle somewhat easily.
  • the middle is santoprene, which i believe is the same material as alphacool's TPV. its matte appearance is similar to what i imagine TPV/ZMT looks like in person, and overall is more rigid than the EPDM (so kinks are less severe). this does look like a really good replacement option, as it's super cheap (10ft for $6.60 + tax/shipping), looks pretty nice, and shouldn't contain plasticizer.
  • the bottom is one of their viton fluoroelastomer offerings. i couldn't find any examples of this being used in a water cooling build, but the specs stated it could handle coolant and there appeared to have been tests performed on o-rings using the material that showed they effectively never degraded, so i figured why not. in this offering, they do actually have a few color options (black, green, and the above "beige"), but you do pay $6-7/ft more compared to the EPDM/santoprene, so it might be cost-prohibitive to some. other than that, it's also matte in appearance (though looks a bit better than the santoprene), and because it is even more rigid than the santoprene, it basically doesn't kink at all in bends you'd typically find in a soft-tubing build (even with the ends twisted).
    • if i wind up getting a t1.1, then i'll be rolling with this initially and seeing what happens (unless someone code reds me).
note that none of the above have any branding on them, but they do all have a sort of seam along the length of the tubing.

not pictured, but might as well mention that they also have offerings in tygon/norprene, a softer (and even more pricey) version of the fluoroelastomer that only comes in black, and some sort of epdm hybrid tubing that comes in white and is their most rigid offering of the six options i've listed.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
saw the useful links sheet and figured i'd draw attention to some other 8/11mm tubing options (compatible with stock LT240 fittings) that i ordered from mcmaster-carr recently in case someone stateside was looking to pick up some replacement tubing-

• the top is their standard EPDM, which i have been using for a few months now. it's glossy in appearance (kind of resembles tire tubing), and while likely fine for the standard tubing run in the T1 (front to back), i had some concerns over it kinking in short runs where non-rotary fittings were used (tho this can be avoided by using anti-kink coils) because the tubing is pretty soft and can buckle somewhat easily.
  • the middle is santoprene, which i believe is the same material as alphacool's TPV. its matte appearance is similar to what i imagine TPV/ZMT looks like in person, and overall is more rigid than the EPDM (so kinks are less severe). this does look like a really good replacement option, as it's super cheap (10ft for $6.60 + tax/shipping), looks pretty nice, and shouldn't contain plasticizer.
  • the bottom is one of their viton fluoroelastomerofferings. i couldn't find any examples of this being used in a water cooling build, but the specs stated it could handle coolant and there appeared to have been tests performed on o-rings using the material that showed they effectively never degraded, so i figured why not. in this offering, they do actually have a few color options (black, green, and the above "beige"), but you do pay $6-7/ft more compared to the EPDM/santoprene, so it might be cost-prohibitive to some. other than that, it's also matte in appearance (though looks a bit better than the santoprene), and because it is even more rigid than the santoprene, it basically doesn't kink at all in bends you'd typically find in a soft-tubing build (even with the ends twisted).
    • if i wind up getting a t1.1, then i'll be rolling with this initially and seeing what happens (unless someone code reds me).
note that none of the above have any branding on them, but they do all have a sort of seam along the length of the tubing.

not pictured, but might as well mention that they also have offerings in tygon/norprene, a softer (and even more pricey) version of the fluoroelastomer that only comes in black, and some sort of epdm hybrid tubing that comes in white and is their most rigid offering of the six options i've listed.

good finds. I’ll add them to the useful links later today. I’m using some clear tubing from Masterkleer that has been working well for the past two weeks and was easy to work with. I know Fabio has suggested the Tygon tubing before. Biggest concern long term with any of these is plasticizer coming off the tubes.

Reactions: Truth

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
So it will get white cerakoting just like the Ghost S1 MK3 Will have.
Any reason why white ?
And if it's beige that would be a big misstanke, att least if it's "almost white."

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Any reason why white ?
And if it's beige that would be a big misstanke, att least if it's "almost white."
not gonna lie, I really like that white, and I feel like it would be a nice addition. Not sure if it will be the same as the ghost though, because it seems like louqe have a custom way of getting the coating, but I would imagine that it would look similar. As for why white, it does look good, and there are already black and silver colors for the case, being able to get full white would be a nice addition, even if it is at a premium. Still wondering how it would be put on the mesh panels, and how they would look without impacting the airflow.
Also, a beige color I think could be done well. I would think it would have to be a low volume finish because there wouldn't be a lot of people that would want it, but if it is done well, then I think beige can look good.

Reactions: Truth

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I ordered Anodized white / beige and Cerakote samples, will compare the results and show pics when I get them.

No it's not a typo, anodized white / beige. Also, no, it's no the Spray coating used on early Ghost prototypes. Anodizing is suppose to be smooth, to paint on top of anodizing to get a color is painting, that's not really anodizing and it makes the surface rougher, less premium imo.

YES YES YES. So glad you're pursuing this suggestion. I'm actually super interested in how the beige turns out, but I know I will jump on the white finish no matter what. White Cerakote panels + standard black mesh side panels is my dream style right now. Very eager to see how samples turn out, as I am in love with the feel of Cerakote on my Batch 1 Ghost S1

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
HERE WE ARE!

I did a proper test switching the D5, the new EKWB VTX and the DC-LT Eisstation 40, all of them external for an easy swap.

The system was composed by:

EKWB Magnitute Block
EK 240 SE Classic Radiator
Torque fittings 10/16 + ZMT Tubes
x2 Noctua Slim fans

I think my Eisbaer LT was the problem before, maybe even if running there is an issue in the pump? Or maybe some issue with the flow meter?
Don't know, but now, the DC-LT gives a nice flow rate!

As you can see, the limiting factor is actuatlly the radiator+fan.

ALL the 3 pumps, even with different flows, give the same temp!

This is SUPER GOOD, especially because now I have the confirmation that the DC-LT is enough for a CPU+GPU loop!

D5

DC-LT

VTX (DDC)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Any reason why white ?
He said not like the ghost. As for why white, why not. You have the option of repainting it yourself when you get your hands on it

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
HERE WE ARE!

I did a proper test switching the D5, the new EKWB VTX and the DC-LT Eisstation 40, all of them external for an easy swap.

EKWB Magnitute Block
x2 Noctua Slim fans

I think my Eisbaer LT was the problem before, maybe even if running there is an issue in the pump? Or maybe some issue with the flow meter?

This is SUPER GOOD, especially because now I have the confirmation that the DC-LT is enough for a CPU+GPU loop!

D5

DC-LT

VTX (DDC)

Add something about how the noise profile and volume compare between the three options.

This way I will link it in first post.

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
HERE WE ARE!

EKWB Magnitute Block
x2 Noctua Slim fans

D5

DC-LT

VTX (DDC)
NICE!!
Yeah, maybe the eisbaer lt was the problem.
Someone said earlier the eisbaer lt have problem with am4 mounting

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
NICE!!
Yeah, maybe the eisbaer lt was the problem.
Someone said earlier the eisbaer lt have problem with am4 mounting

problem is with intel mounting. It was pretty easy mounting the LT solo onto my ASUS b450-i. Only issue I might see people having is if they put the two sliding plates on in the wrong direction of where they want the tubes to run. I did that and it was a pain to get off so I could put them on correctly.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
In case anyone wants to know, the new EK-AIOs will fit (will need to remove anti-vibration rubber pads on Slim Fan). the question is will it perform better than the LT240.

I looked for an answer to this but couldn't find any: specs of the pump unit according to EK's web are 88x70x53 mm

Since CPU cooler clearance in 3 slot GPU mode is 50 mm does this mean this AIO + 3 slot GPU is a no?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I looked for an answer to this but couldn't find any: specs of the pump unit according to EK's web are 88x70x53 mm

Since CPU cooler clearance in 3 slot GPU mode is 50 mm does this mean this AIO + 3 slot GPU is a no?

It will fit the T1 in 3 slot mode, the side panel will bulge out a little (~1mm).

The EK-AIO has a better pump, but as @fabio showed, pump makes no temperature difference.

I was in a loud area when I tried the EK-AIO, so I couldn’t hear the sound quality difference compare to the LT240 or Corsair H60.