Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So in your test, the flow doesn't affect the cpu temp? My Lt240 are on the way, maybe will arrive 2-3days from now.. I will test it against magicool g2 240.
Ps: Damn @fabio, you make me want hydro ?
Nope, at least using 1/2 DC-LT pump.
Tomorrow I will switch back to the EKWB Magnitude, keeping the EK SE Classic Radiator, maybe using both the D5 pump and the DC-LT.
I want to check which is the performance gain keeping the radiator and fans and using a CPU block.
Curious to see also if the D5 with the higher flow brings some benefits!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
so, I can say that with the Eisbaer LT solo the Alphacool 240 25mm Radiator give me the same temp than the EKWB SE 240 Classic, using 2x 15mm Fans.

The EK though is less restrictive.

And 1x slim and 1x full size fan can be fit with either configuration right? I wonder if the EK classic will pull ahead that way because of higher fin density?

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
so, I can say that with the Eisbaer LT solo the Alphacool 240 25mm Radiator give me the same temp than the EKWB SE 240 Classic, using 2x 15mm Fans.

The EK though is less restrictive.
With EK the flow are so much better?
Which pump did you use on this test? Solo lt or the dual dc-lt pump setup?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
And 1x slim and 1x full size fan can be fit with either configuration right? I wonder if the EK classic will pull ahead that way because of higher fin density?
Yes! Both allows me to have 1 slim and 1 25mm fan. But the FPI are the same for both!! 16FPI, but the EK has a slight thicker core.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
With EK the flow are so much better?
Which pump did you use on this test? Solo lt or the dual dc-lt pump setup?
“So Much” not. Just the Radiator is less restrictive by design. The alphacool is an U-Flow (to double check to be 100% sure).

Because from the previous test with on the LT with 1 or 2 pumps I got the same temp, I did the EK test with just 1 ;)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Fat multiquote here, but just wanted to hail both @SSJ4 and @Wahaha360. Looks like Louqe found a way to mass-produce (well, maybe "mass" isn't the right term for boutique SFF cases, but you know what I mean :p) a white Cerakote finish for the upcoming Arctic colorway of the S1 Mk4 (source post on IG). Looks like they're playing around with Cerakote for various accessories, too (second source on IG).

Now I thought Cerakote was in the realm of individual end-buyer custom commissions (as I did with my own original Ghost S1). But if there's a way to do it on manufacturer's end that is super intriguing! Any thoughts on possibility for T1 v1.1? Or too soon to consider?

I ordered Anodized white / beige and Cerakote samples, will compare the results and show pics when I get them.

No it's not a typo, anodized white / beige. Also, no, it's no the Spray coating used on early Ghost prototypes. Anodizing is suppose to be smooth, to paint on top of anodizing to get a color is painting, that's not really anodizing and it makes the surface rougher, less premium imo.

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
“So Much” not. Just the Radiator is less restrictive by design. The alphacool is an U-Flow (to double check to be 100% sure).

Because from the previous test with on the LT with 1 or 2 pumps I got the same temp, I did the EK test with just 1 ;)
I changed my tx240 setup (with aphacool lt solo cpu block)'s tube to ek zmt 10/16, barrow quick disconnect and the flow was so much better than TPV tube + quick disconnect.
I think this setup is similar to @optimumtech setup.
I'll try another setup soon, and will post the result
Edit: a quick 5 cinebench r20 run the max temp are 83.8°C when I use TPV tube and quick disconnect the temp was 89ish. Will test tpv without quick disconnect tomorrow

Last edited:

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
I ordered Anodized white / beige and Cerakote samples, will compare the results and show pics when I get them.

No it's not a typo, anodized white / beige. Also, no, it's no the Spray coating used on early Ghost prototypes. Anodizing is suppose to be smooth, to paint on top of anodizing to get a color is painting, that's not really anodizing and it makes the surface rougher, less premium imo.
White ? I think it will look really good in white.

Reactions: 0Zx and DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I changed my tx240 setup (with aphacool lt solo cpu block)'s tube to ek zmt 10/16, barrow quick disconnect and the flow was so much better than TPV tube + quick disconnect.
I think this setup is similar to @optimumtech setup.
I'll try another setup soon, and will post the result
Edit: a quick 5 cinebench r20 run the max temp are 83.8°C when I use TPV tube and quick disconnect the temp was 89ish. Will test tpv without quick disconnect tomorrow
I am curious about it! I still think the cross section for this small loop should not affect the flow/temp. But happy to be wrong! BTW, Running CB for all the options I did these day, the CPU were going max to 76C. Just FYI.

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
I am curious about it! I still think the cross section for this small loop should not affect the flow/temp. But happy to be wrong! BTW, Running CB for all the options I did these day, the CPU were going max to 76C. Just FYI.
I think tx240 was not meant to be paired with slim fan, because of higher fpi than other radiator.
When I try magicool 240 g2, my temp was around 75°C.
What is your ambient temp?
Mine was around 25-27°C.
I can't wait to test my loop with GPU but I'm still waiting for my alphacool block for my radeon vii, since I don't want to use my ek block to keep the selling price high.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I think tx240 was not meant to be paired with slim fan, because of higher fpi than other radiator.
When I try magicool 240 g2, my temp was around 75°C.
What is your ambient temp?
Mine was around 25-27°C.
I can't wait to test my loop with GPU but I'm still waiting for my alphacool block for my radeon vii, since I don't want to use my ek block to keep the selling price high.
Same temps!! ;)

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
2020-05-06 Update: too much work, don't burn down the house while I'm gone.
  • Added FAQ and Useful Links on first post
  • r/FormD open to public
  • Removed "Reserve Survey", it created too much congestion for this thread and my inbox
  • Added "READ FIRST POST" to thread title
@threestripevida and @pwnedundies, thanks for updating the useful links.

@Gerold has also been helping with the useful links! I wanna make sure he gets credit as well.