Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Agreed. I think about more reviewers calling it FDfab T1 on YouTube and I don't think it will help. I don't think it will sound good. Say it out loud a bunch and imagine yourself being Linus. A name needs to be strong. They aren't things to take lightly. Sidearmd T1 was freaking solid. Why even add the fab? I get where you're going but I really think it falls short. All in all I think you should push yourself for a brand. Let the case be called the T1.

It's like sliger with their cases Sliger Cerberus, Sliger sm560, Sliger sm580. Sliger is strong name and then they have their models. When you talk to others and say you bought a Sliger case or the ncase everyone knows you bought a good case. Dancase a4, Dancase s4 or whatever the new one is. I'm not saying to become them but to decide on your brand. Do you want your brand to be FDfab? Do you want any of these names to really be your brand? SidearmD your brand or the name of the case? I think that's why you're having so much difficulty right now but maybe I'm mistaken. Just trying to give some critical feedback and hopefully help. I'd personally stick with the T1 and when you figure out the brand throw it in. No pressure that way.

Also agree. FDFfab doesn't really roll off the tongue.

In keeping with weapons (but not firearms), what about
-Arsenal (Arsenal T1)
-Armament (Armament T1)

Or play with Form Design a bit (but as others mention, the "fab" part is awkward).
-Forma (Forma-T1)
-FormD (FormD T1)

Reactions: phantasml

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
you said you wanted to keep it plain simple, i think it may work when reviewers say "this is the S-T1 from Form Design" or "this is FormDesign's S-T1"

Gr3nd3l

Efficiency Noob
Dec 30, 2019
I would rather have him work out all the payment processing and have a not so great name than have nothing at all :)
Anyway if I am lucky enough to get one I will just say I have a T1.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Also agree. FDFfab doesn't really roll off the tongue.

In keeping with weapons (but not firearms), what about
-Arsenal (Arsenal T1)
-Armament (Armament T1)

Or play with Form Design a bit (but as others mention, the "fab" part is awkward).
-Forma (Forma-T1)
-FormD (FormD T1)
Even with the name being finalized, Forma T1 sounds beautiful.
Best not to use "Forma" to avoid confusion with XFORMA.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm also curious if taller memory will work with the tubes in the 3 slot orientation. I have some Trident Z memory I'd hate to get rid of if the tubes don't fit.
You can also just remove the heatsink!
Anyway, one of my option is to have the tall memory and route the cable around, so you will have an answer in that!
But I am using the alphacool 12,7x7,8mm tubes, just FYI!

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
You guys are beating a dead horse, the name is finalized, not my problem if you don't like what @Wahaha360 chose.

It's not your problem if your customers don't like the choice?

People are simply trying to help. If that help isn't wanted, then I guess it's time for that conversation to end. I really hope launching a case called the FDFabulous goes well.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
It's not your problem if your customers don't like the choice?

People are simply trying to help. If that help isn't wanted, then I guess it's time for that conversation to end. I really hope launching a case called the FDFabulous goes well.

If @Wahaha360 doesn't want to change it, there's nothing anyone can do, it's been 3 days and he's more than happy to leave it the way it is.

Reactions: Dapoktan

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
Why is Aorus x570 so unpopular here? Is there something I should know?

I was also curious about why every ryzen motherboard was a strix.

My, very basic, research conclusion:

The strix has 3 fan headers, 7 type A usb ports.

The aorus has 2 fan headers, 5 type a usb ports.

The phantom gaming seams to have a lot of compatibility issues.

I currently own a gigabyte motherboard, I like the dual BIOS features and the fan software.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Had a discussion internally, I'm leaning to change b/c I don't want the same initials as Fractal Design.

Currently thinking about Formd, Forma, OP or EVO, in no particular preference / order.
Like a lot0 the Form.D!! Very straight, clean, professional.

@gteixeira I've chosen the Strix for the USB ports mainly, and because in the last 2 years, had both Gigabyte and Asus ITX, and I like the general quality of the last one much more!

How are your Chipset temp and Chipset fan speed? Mine is always on, 6000rpm minimum, 80 degrees temp. It's the most annoying sound of the entire system.

Here my "feeling lucky" system, should work even with the 2 slot GPU and having the tubes of the cpu block routed on top, around the RAM wrapped with the DDR4 EKWB heatsink.

And a really hard test with Blender Benchmark running together with FurMark.

PBO enabled as in the last video of Buildzoid: PPT300, EDC TDC 230.

I have also an Optimus Foundation Block to try, but this system is pretty solid!

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
in gaming OP means OverPowered which may sound too cocky. EVO is nice but may cross paths with Samsung and Mitsubishi. Formd is still kind of FD which you wanted to stay away from. Forma is ok i guess idk but its way better than fab

darthrex

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2020
So is there any kind of definite release date? I may have jumped the gun and snagged an Eisbaer LT and now Im itching to throw more money after it.