FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

LCK sb

Caliper Novice
Oct 17, 2019
No, it is kind “plug and play”. But you have to setup/activate in the bios the option for the bifurcation. I’ve switched it from Auto to x8/x8.

It’s curious how before to activate it, the main GPU is the Titan V on the slot closer to the motherboard.

Activating the bifurcation, the “main” GPU (main means that I can “see” the post screen) becomes the RTX.

But when in windows, you can plug and unplug between the two how many times you want, no problem at all!
Is there a link to the forked tutorial? I want to learn. I bought a pcie splitter like yours, but I do n’t know how to set up the bios. Do I need to install two drivers?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Is there a link to the forked tutorial? I want to learn. I bought a pcie splitter like yours, but I do n’t know how to set up the bios. Do I need to install two drivers?
Do you have a board that supports splitting one x16 into more?
If so just look around in the bios, it's got nothing to do with drivers in the first place.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
You only need 2 drivers if you want to use TWO different cards brand, for example 1 AMD and 1 NVIDIA Card.
You only need 1 set of drivers if you want to use 1 QUADRO and 1 GeForce.

jay8ee

Chassis Packer
Mar 21, 2020
Both the DC-LT and the DDC MX 6W, in my build, are completely inaudible. You have to get close with your ear to the side panel to hear them. The fans even at 40% and the GPU fans are covering its noise!
Amazing. So amped to get this case and try a similar build. Will have to wait a few months though.

Reactions: fabio

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Both the DC-LT and the DDC MX 6W, in my build, are completely inaudible. You have to get close with your ear to the side panel to hear them. The fans even at 40% and the GPU fans are covering its noise!
Wait - do you have two pumps in your build, or you've just tested both?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
@fabio a hypothetical question. If you hadn't got all the parts from a previous build to source form, which one would've you picked up?
Anything you would like to change in your current build?

Last edited:
Reactions: jay8ee

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio a hypothetical question. If you hadn't got all the parts from a previous build to source form, which one would've you picked up?
Anything you would like to change in your current build?
I think, only another Titan RTX instead of the Titan V, to use the NVlink bridge. If I sell the V, I can buy the RTX, though.

Definitively I will choose the Gigabyte against the Asus, just for the better chipset temp, but maybe they will fix it with some BIOS update.

I am super happy with the Alphacool fittings and Tubes! (But I will try the EKWB Torque and the ZMT tubes in the next week)

Reactions: bynio

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I think, only another Titan RTX instead of the Titan V, to use the NVlink bridge. If I sell the V, I can buy the RTX, though.

Definitively I will choose the Gigabyte against the Asus, just for the better chipset temp, but maybe they will fix it with some BIOS update.

I am super happy with the Alphacool fittings and Tubes! (But I will try the EKWB Torque and the ZMT tubes in the next week)
Sweet!
What about the chipset temps on the asus?
I've read some posts about the strix-I, that they forgot to put in the thermal pad on the chipset on some units.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Sweet!
What about the chipset temps on the asus?
I've read some posts about the strix-I, that they forgot to put in the thermal pad on the chipset on some units.
The Asus chipset temp were always at 70C and under load reaching 85.
Yeah, that's why I've double checkedmine, but It had a thermal pad! For the rest is a terrific board, VRM, BIOS and I/O at the very top of the category!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
And again, a small update or we can call PART 3!

I REALLY want to cram a DDC pump in the system! I was curious about the temp difference between the DC-LT, if any, but also, thinking to move also the second GPU under water, I knew that the head pressure of the DDC could have solved pressure issue of the coolant.

SO, I did it. Well, to have it, I had also to do the FIRST "hard" modification on the entire case/parts.

I've used the Alphacool 1U ES DDC reservoir (Alphacool did an amazing job doing this and the Eisstation for the DC-LT).
It's a super compact reservoir where you can add a bare DDC, having a low profile combo, with a lot of inlet port, so also in this case was easy to fill the system!

BUT, because the reservoir has also 4 small sticking plastic wings that allows you to mount it/match it with the 2,5" SSD thread space, It was not fitting!

So, I had just to "fix" this with a file, and that's it!

I've replaced from the previous system the 2 Barrow offset fittings with just one rotatory dual 45 Degrees from EKWB (I don't like the bitspower golden logo, otherwise I was going with it; just a better quality fitting if you ask) and the system is running again!

I had just more trouble to route the PCIe cable this time, because there is reeally ZERO clearance this time! But the good old front panel can store and hide them!

There is also a small change regarding the GPU fittings. I've swapped the stock one with the EK-FC Rotary Fittings, like Optimum Tech did.
The reason is because already knew that to have the second GPU these are the only option I have to connect the 2 GPUs.
This was also good to think and check for the next tubing route. ;)

In detail, the reservoir has mounted on it the EKWB MX 3.1 PMW, a low power DDC pump, just 6W, but still, with more pressure and flow than the DC-LT!

Thanks to this I've discovered that I could fill the system with more coolant! More air went out!

And now, again and again, the build!

BONUS!!

I will never be tired of this build! Looking even better, thanks to the low profile chipset/M.2 heatsink on the Gigabyte MB, thereis also space to mount a 92mm fan in the 3 slots GPU mode!

Because of this possibilities, I've replaces the stock cooler, placing the SSD inside an EKWB SSD Heatsink, and using the chipset fan header with a mini PMW GPU fan to PMW adapter, I've fit a super silent Noctua Chromax A9!

That actually doesn't need anything to be fixed. It stay hardly sandwiched between the bottom panel and the riser like a glove. ;)

Now the temps of the chipset under load never goes above 70C, and the SSD stays solid at 55 C!! Pretty amazing!

I really don't know what else I can add to this system, but I really need to point again that the T1 is a jewel!

Last edited: