FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Do you only have 2 screws mounting the radiator? You pushed the radiator to the very end im guessing so you can fit a 25mm fan but it looks like only 2 screws are on the low profile fan rails because the screws on the right side of the left side fan is too far right to be screwed in on the rail.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Do you only have 2 screws mounting the radiator? You pushed the radiator to the very end im guessing so you can fit a 25mm fan but it looks like only 2 screws are on the low profile fan rails because the screws on the right side of the left side fan is too far right to be screwed in on the rail.

That is correct! I also had to do this to accommodate the full size fan in the front. I took some pics to illustrate.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
did someone already report this issue in the main thread? :)
Yep. But I think for now stay like this. And it makes sense actually. The T1 doesn't support OFFICIALLY the 240mm rad.
And , the radiators plus fans with only to screws are very stable and solid anyway.
Also, @Wahaha360 has modified the hole grid pattern of the bottom and top panel to be able to screw directly fans/radiator from outside,. :)
Maybe in the next big revision there will be another optimised bracket?

But, trust in me, right now, no problem so far with just 2 screws. You just need to pay attention when you flip the case, that's it! :D

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Hey Fabio.. do you have any temps with the ddc?
Yes!
Basically, the cpu has reported to be 2 degrees cooler. BUT, now, the GPU temperature is 5 degrees lower! This means that the higher pressure has removed a bit of air in the block or that also is able to move away from components all the warm coolant in the loop faster? Don't know exactly, but that's it.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
@Sijnk In the main thread there were a lot of temps posted, but maybe it's time to collect all of them!

If you are interested in some test in particular, just ask!

But in short, a 240mm Radiator can definitively keep cool fine a 3950X (-0.05v) and a Titan V, stock for even long time intense load test or task.

SO:

PART 1 Temp - Blender Benchmark+FurMark
3950X Stock+Titan V Watercooled at the same time - 2 Slim Noctuas

PART1 Temp - V-ray Rendering session
3950X PBO Enabled- 2 Slim Noctuas at 70%

Here regarding the PART 2:

PART2 Temp - Blender Benchmark
3950X PBO Enabled+Titan RTX on Air+Titan V Watercooled - 1 Noctua F12 ONLY

PART2 Temp - Blender Benchmark+FurMark on Titan V
3950X Stock+Titan RTX on Air+Titan V Watercooled - 1 Noctua F12+1Slim Noctua BOTH at 70% Max

PART2 Temp - Blender Benchmark 30MIN
3950X Stock+Titan RTX on Air+Titan V Watercooled - 1 Noctua F12+1Slim Noctua BOTH at 60% Max

PART2 Temp - Heaven 4 Loop 30MIN on Titan V
3950X Stock+Titan RTX on Air+Titan V Watercooled - 1 Noctua F12+1Slim Noctua BOTH at 60% Max

PART2 Temp - Blender Benchmark+FurMark on Titan RTX
3950X Stock+Titan RTX on Air+Titan V Watercooled - 1 Noctua F12+1Slim Noctua BOTH at 65% Max

PART2 Temp - EVERYTHING STRESSED AT THE SAME TIME - GPUs, CPU, SSDs
3950X Stock+Titan RTX on Air+Titan V Watercooled - 1 Noctua F12+1Slim Noctua

PART2 Temp - Blender Benchmark with DDC 6W Pump
3950X Stock+Titan RTX on Air+Titan V Watercooled - 1 Noctua F12+1Slim Noctua BOTH at 70% Max+1 A9 above the SSD and Chipset

PART 2 Noise
Here you can check the DB noise level. The GPU side is louder, because the fans are against the mesh panel.
So, one suggestion is to keep the case if you can, on the right side of your desk!

And a video did trying to "show" the noise under stress of my system inside the T1.

Last edited:

Sijnk

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
Thx fabio for the results! It shows, that you can cool a 3950X and the Titan V within their specs. And you can do it almost quiet. But yeah, the temps are not were i would love to see them. The more often tend to 80° C then toward 70°. How warm is it at the moment were you live? Would you think, the cooling performance is enough for summer temps?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Thx fabio for the results! It shows, that you can cool a 3950X and the Titan V within their specs. And you can do it almost quiet. But yeah, the temps are not were i would love to see them. The more often tend to 80° C then toward 70°. How warm is it at the moment were you live? Would you think, the cooling performance is enough for summer temps?
I forgot to put the room temperature! The pc stays above a heater, so the room temp at the height and position of the computer is 27 Degrees average!

For “normal task” like 3D modeling, Arhicad modeling, CAD, photoshop, illustrator, the temps are max 60/65 degrees. The one posted are of course in a stress environment!

I should try under gaming? Because in real scenario the GPU under water reach max 60 and the CPU 75.

Last edited:

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Doesn't the titan v come as a 2 slot card? Even with the water cooling thingy on the bracket is gonna take up 2 slots isn't it? Did u cut it or something?