Concept FormD T1 V2.0

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
?

So I was 100% horizontal until I saw this. I still think that the vertical, in order to hid the I/O add unnecessary volume but it looks great

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Honestly I think I prefer the silver and ideally raw metal with a clear coat... but thats just me

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
So I was 100% horizontal until I saw this. I still think that the vertical, in order to hid the I/O add unnecessary volume but it looks great
Though decision lol, personally I think that the Vertical one can potentially look sick with a couple RGB fans.
The pic below shows how the T1 looks with some cool illumination!

Honestly I think I prefer the silver and ideally raw metal with a clear coat... but thats just me
I think silver looks nice too, I was just playing w/ a two-tone design!

Last edited:

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
It might be just because I really don’t like the look of the Ghost with top hats, but I don’t like the look of the horizontal design at all. I just cant get over it. I think I’d prefer this case in the vertical layout.

Tephnos

Average Stuffer
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, the horizontal layout as-is just reminds me far too much of what I hate about the ghost: the stupid looking lines with top hats. The same kind of line that really bugs me about the front of the current T1.

I'd really like that to be avoided in a case that strives to achieve the same kind of elegant design the ghost has.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If vertical, where does the mobo IO exit? If bottom, like the H1, it's a huge inconvenience IMO.

Even more so if you don't have any front panel connectors or power button.

I will make it *flippable, so people can decide Mobo I/O facing up or down.

The Power Button + Front I/O will need to be versatile as well.

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
Can you tell ROG to stop screwing ITX boards out of top-end features? Like BCLK OC, etc. Seriously though.
Yes, same layout and feature as T1.

Yea, to make room for cable coming out from the Top.
Though decision lol, personally I think that the Vertical one can potentially look sick with a couple RGB fans.
The pic below shows how the T1 looks with some cool illumination!

I think silver looks nice too, I was just playing w/ a two-tone design!

I'm really feeling this silver/grey two tone colour scheme. Would you consider doing something like this? @Wahaha360

Reactions: Kundahli

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
can you just put the IO and power button on the back IO cover, so that wherever we orient it, it will still be facing us?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
can you just put the IO and power button on the back IO cover, so that wherever we orient it, it will still be facing us?

Back I/O Cover as in where motherboard I/O is?

I dont' like Power Button or any break in the Front Panel. So Power Button will most likely be on the back like T1.

The only thing undecided is the USB ports, which tbh, I don't even feel like including, it just break the design more and more cables, and more cost (USB-C is is like USD 12 by itself).

Last edited:

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
yes, back IO cover means the extra volume allotted for the Motherboard back IO (along with the hdmi and possibly power cable). Personally, my preferred orientation is to take the current T1 and have it stand with the wires coming out on top. Just adjust the volume for 240AIO and add cover for the wires (which would also act like a stand if one decide to use it with the wires coming below.

Anyway, I am sure your team will have better design / solution

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
So... I don't know why I wasn't getting notifications for this thread, but holy shit I missed a lot of glorious stuff!

Playing catchup:

Horizontal is my preference, but Vertical still looks very nice!
Sweet Odin's Raven the two-tone is ???!
Vertical is creeping up on Horizontal for me...
WHOA @Metroversal 's design suggestions!
Ok... this is beginning to get ridiculous... I feel like Mr. Herbert in this video, and Chris's hat is anything to do with Sidearm...

The newest iteration is beyond incredible! Keep up the great work!

Zjzclr

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2020
By your id and avatar, are you Chinese? In China, there are many itx fans like me who like sidearmd t1 very much. Since t1 is OEM in China, is it possible to increase some channels of direct purchase in China, such as taobao store, alipay or WeChat payment method, which will be more friendly to Chinese buyers.

Reactions: Soul_Est