Discussion For your SFF what kind of Backpack or Case do you use for travel?

Scytes

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 12, 2020
The question is pretty much in the title :)

That said I'll give some context - I am moving my build in to an SM550 from Sliger, I believe I've found some good backpacks and possibly travel friendly cases it will fit (Plus Peripherals) however I didn't find an overwhelming abundance of people actually posting what they used.

So I figured why not ask here? I'd love to see all your backpacks and case solutions for carrying your SFF PC to wherever you may be going!

Mopar63

Caliper Novice
Jul 13, 2019
When I travel, if I take a PC with me, I always travel by driving. Just safer to make sure my system arrives in tact. As for carrying my PC I like Gear Grips products.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
My DAN A4 case fits perfectly in a Tenba BYOB 13. This camera bag i put in my hardshell carry on. Travelled to china and back a few times like this.
Spent my 2 weeks quarantine with my DAN a4 in my hotel room.

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 18, 2019
Why would anyone possibly accept a number of shortcoming of an SFF build just for a challenge? I would honestly be surprised if someone had that as his main objective.

Cramming maximum performance into super small spaces and making it work without thermals going haywire? Yeah, it's a challenge. And fun as heck. They don't do it because it "fits in my backpack better" :)

edit** I'm not really talking about the mainstream sff cases (DAN, Sliger, Inwin, Ncase), as those just take some pre-planning and looking up compatible hardware, then you literally just follow a build order. The people looking for a true challenge are the ones building/fabbing their own cases, or heavily modding existing cases. That takes weeks and weeks of trial and error and failed attempts.

Last edited: