Power Supply Flex psu noise

znerol07

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
May 18, 2017
I'm considering moving my pc to use a flex psu but I cannot find any review showing how loud flex psu's can be. Can anyone recommend reviews I can checkout? Or if you have one, do you mind sharing how the noise is? If you have the Delta 400W DPS-400AB from geeek, would be great as I am planning to get that one.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also, is this any good? There's a pic of the internals, but it seems empty.

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
My fsp-500w gold is not loud at all. Highly recommend one. Make sure the have your GPU connectors and DO NOT get the ACBEL 500w Gold from GEEEK. I think Delta and FSP are fine, if you have are running a super quiet setup you can easily upgrade it to a noctua fan.

orella

Cable Smoosher
May 15, 2019
My fsp-500w gold is not loud at all. Highly recommend one. Make sure the have your GPU connectors and DO NOT get the ACBEL 500w Gold from GEEEK. I think Delta and FSP are fine, if you have are running a super quiet setup you can easily upgrade it to a noctua fan.
You bought the psu with the noctua fan or the default one?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
My FSP 500w spins up super loud at boot, it is not loud while gaming. That was in a 6700K/ RTX 2080, no OC build. When the fan does spin up from running heavy loads such as Prime95 /Keyshot, and gets loud. Can be distracting / unpleasant.

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
You bought the psu with the noctua fan or the default one?

I have the noctua AcBel PSU that failed within the week and my trusty fsp 500w gold without one. I might just put a noctua fan on it