First Build...Won't Post

Techichi

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
I cannot get this to post. I have a Corsair SF600 and a PowerColor Red Dragon 5700. The GPU has a 8 and 6 pin connector. I'm using two 6+2 cables and leaving the 2 pin off of the 6 pin connector. The mother board has power, the RAM LEDs are lighting up, the fan on the cooler is spinning. I've checked all the connections twice, took out the GPU and put it back in, and same with the RAM. I've used different cables for the monitor and tried different ports on the GPU. I do have 2 NVMe's. One is installed on the front slot and one on the back of the mobo. I've taken the one on the back out and still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Louque Ghost S1 V3
Rog Strix B450-i
Ryzen 5 3600
PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 non-xt
Corsair SF-600
Noctua NH-L9x65
G.Skill 3200 CL16 PC4 25600 (Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
I have two Inland Premium NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4

Techichi

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Does that motherboard have BIOS that supports Ryzen 3? If older BIOS they won't post.

Thanks for the response.

I thought it would be, but I also I figured I could at least be able to get into bios to flash the upgrade if needed. Is there no way to do that or am I screwed here?

Techichi

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
I guess I could get an older Ryzen chip and upgrade the BIOS that way. I'm reading AMD has a loaner program.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
If it doesn't have the update you can't even get into the BIOS without and older CPU, I bought a cheap Athlon 200GE to do it. If you have a Micro Center near you they will do it for cheap, AMD also offers a loaner CPU for the update. Go to the bottom of this page for info.

Reactions: Techichi

Techichi

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
If it doesn't have the update you can't even get into the BIOS without and older CPU, I bought a cheap Athlon 200GE to do it. If you have a Micro Center near you they will do it for cheap, AMD also offers a loaner CPU for the update. Go to the bottom of this page for info.

Excellent. Thank you for taking the time to help a newb out.

Reactions: August and rfarmer

Techichi

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
So a friend of mine let me borrow a Ryzen 5 2400G and I'm still getting nothing. Is a 2400G not going to work in this scenario?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So a friend of mine let me borrow a Ryzen 5 2400G and I'm still getting nothing. Is a 2400G not going to work in this scenario?
The 2400G should work, are you trying it with the integrated graphics using the motherboard video connections? If not I would try that. You may need to try one ram stick at a time, I would try without either M.2 installed also.

Techichi

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
The 2400G should work, are you trying it with the integrated graphics using the motherboard video connections? If not I would try that. You may need to try one ram stick at a time, I would try without either M.2 installed also.

I tried both the GPU and the on board connections. Also without either NVMe and one RAM stick. Nothing is working.