Production Enter Mini - Super-thin Custom Modular Cables for SFF

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
Enter Mini - Custom Handmade Modular Cables, designed for SFF & ITX

Hi to all, I'm here to show you our new special cables specifically made for ultra-compact systems.
We have been doing custom handmade cables for years, but mostly sleeved cables. This is one of our new ventures and we hope you'll love them as much as we do :)

Current Main Features:
  • Made to be as thin as possible - without any compromise in performance, safety, or aesthetics.
  • The electrical wire is insulated in super-thin, transparent FEP. The copper measures 1.0mm^2 / AWG17, while the whole wire has a diameter of barely over 1mm.
  • The wire is see-through, with silver-plated copper inside.
  • Made to measure – range from 5cm to 60cm, with 1cm steps.
  • Can be made for every power supply – from the SF600 and the HDPlex to any other you can think of
  • Handmade in Italy upon order with high quality materials only

Status of the Project:

• In production & limited numbers available for purchase
  • E-commerce with custom configurator is in deveopment
  • Measurement templates for popular SFF cases are in development
  • 90°/180° connectors and adapters are in development
  • Custom cable combs are in consideration
  • Other colors (glossy black & milky white) are in consideration

They’re basically plain electrical cables with no sleeving, but with quite a special wire.
They are rather unique looking, and fit very well both classy grayscale and full-on RGB systems.

The insulation of the wire is transparent, and the underlying copper is silver-plated.
All of this makes them super shiny and creates a lot of fancy reflections and refractions when you give them some light around.

In the pictures above you can see a comparison with the MDPC-X AWG17 transparent, tin-plated wire.

The copper measures 1mm^2, around AWG17. But the wire itself measures a tad more than 1mm in diameter – there’s barely any insulation.

And yet they’re even safer than standard PC cables, because the insulating material (FEP) is ridiculously tough. It can even take direct flames like it was nothing.

They are also extremely malleable. You can give them a 90° bend and they’ll hold it.

This is a comparison of size with high quality handcrafted sleeved cables (4mm diameter).

This was the first prototype in a standard ATX system, before we figured they were perfect for ITX.

We personally handcraft these cables per customer’s request, and we can tailor them to the centimeter (range is between 5cm and 60cm).

Current pricing is:
- 65€ for a 24-pin cable
- 25€ for a CPU or GPU cable
- 20€ for a SATA Power cable
- 15€ for a Molex 4-pin cable

As we are still building up inventory and tweaking our organization, production time can take up to 2 weeks + shipping

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Gosh, we'll need more buckets to catch all the user's drool. Flooding incoming.

Those cables look damn great ! Also, feel free to ask if you need a vendor banner.

Do you have a current website, blog or anything ?

Reactions: Sashby

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
Hi, I wrote to PlayfulPhoenix a couple days ago and requested vendor banner but got no reply as of now.

I'm glad you like them :) this is a Youtube video of one of our sponsored partners that was trying them out with some RGB.

I'm a bit sad that he didn't take the time to cable manage when I made them to measure for him, but oh well XD

We have an active Facebook page where anyone can contact us (facebook.com/enterplasma).
The rest, like website/ecommerce, more social media including a Youtube, and translations are all in the works. We are in the middle of a lot of transitions :thumb:

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
it actually look beautiful even without cable management.

Thanks! One of their main properties is how they can hold pretty much any shape you want to give to them..
Unlike industrially made sleeved cables that behave like overcooked spaghetti if you don't blast them with cable combs :p

We would really like to add cable combs for extra fancyness.
But truth be told, we're having a hard time coming up with a design that fully respects the fundamental principle of this product - that is, to be functional and take up as less space as possible.

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
Are these cables ready to purchase? I'd love a couple of these for my HDplex units...

Hi! Yes they are available for purchase. We don't have an online store yet, but you can write me here or on Facebook (facebook.com/enterplasma)

I've added pricing to the OP

Last edited:
Reactions: Hissitx

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
It is definitely not cheap unfortunately - handmade is always very expensive.
And even then, we're probably some of the most expensive PC cable-makers on the planet.

I've done cables for much cheaper in the past. Trying to satisfy both those that want "premium on a budget" and those that want "the best of the best regardless of price" just isn't a sustainable business with handmade products.
There's a lot of things I just wasn't able to do this way, and I ended up dissatisfying both sets of customers because one always wanted cheaper and the other always wanted more.

So I ended up specializing around the "no compromise no matter the cost" users, working exclusively on low volumes and unbreakable standards of quality and experience - and building a team of amazing colleagues around these principles.
Cables are just a fraction of what is currently in development - just the only products ready for market so far.

We are also still not ready to take on mass production. Like the commenter above said, you can buy similar things in Taobao for barely anything. We don't even try to compete with that, we do something completely different that for us is currently achieveable only with low volumes and a direct relationship with the customer. That is where our current skillsets really shine.

Which is not to say that we'll never mass produce them - hence why I listed the costs as "current price". ;)

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Where oh where were you guys when I did a Dan A4 build????? And I don't think its a bad call to focus on the premium area. Like you mentioned, there are small guys everywhere racing to be as cheap as possible. As long as the quality is there, I think and hope you guys can carve your spot on the market!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
These cables look great, look forward to a black/silver build now. I like that you offer cm precision. Would you consider doing GPU cables with a low profile connector? This chops off about half of the connector on the GPU side so you can plug the cables in very narrow areas.

Reactions: Enter Plasma

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
These cables look great, look forward to a black/silver build now. I like that you offer cm precision. Would you consider doing GPU cables with a low profile connector? This chops off about half of the connector on the GPU side so you can plug the cables in very narrow areas.

Hi! We are working on ways to thin out the GPU connectors, we hope to bring out the first prototype in 3-4 weeks.
It's already not half bad with the current cables - you basicaly get the length of the connector plus a few mm, as the cables can easily take a hard 90° bend as soon as they come out of it.

"Low profile" connectors that I've found so far are a sham, they're normal connectors that have been badly cut in half (like the ones sold for a ridiculous cost on moddiy). They still need standard length pins which nullifies the shortening and makes the cable much less safe to use. Doesn't fit our definition of premium :p

If you know of any producer or reseller that offers true low profile connectors with integrated pins and solder pads on the back, we'll gladly try them out. Haven't personally found any so far.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
^ Cheers! Although the curve wouldn't fit well with double connector GPU's.

We already have 3 possible leads for ways of doing it, now it's just a matter of waiting for the samples to arrive ;)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Hey, thanks for the response. Something like the 90 degree connector in the picture that @BaK posted is something I'm talking about, better if it's covered on the top side.

For some older custom builds I wanted to sleeve my own cables and bought a few of the mini-fit connectors. I trimmed one of the GPU power connectors cutting it through with a sharp acrylic knife. However I see your point about the pins being more exposed in this type of mod. So any angled connectors that are covered on the top side which will make the cable safer.

Reactions: Enter Plasma

Enter Plasma

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Enter Plasma
Sep 24, 2018
Hey, thanks for the response. Something like the 90 degree connector in the picture that @BaK posted is something I'm talking about, better if it's covered on the top side.

For some older custom builds I wanted to sleeve my own cables and bought a few of the mini-fit connectors. I trimmed one of the GPU power connectors cutting it through with a sharp acrylic knife. However I see your point about the pins being more exposed in this type of mod. So any angled connectors that are covered on the top side which will make the cable safer.

We have a few pretty interesting solutions in the works.
Won't confirm anything at the moment since it's still work in progress, but we might end up keeping more than just one option to give extra variety.

Reactions: CC Ricers