Discussion ENP-7660B from SFFTEC

Blake1206

Efficiency Noob
Jun 8, 2020
Everyone still waiting on their order? I ordered first week of June. No update since Monday, no response to emails. Just curious where others are right now?

I was blind copied this on 9/18:

“You are one of the very few orders which I don't have a tracking number yet, unfortunately.
That's probably because it got rescheduled for earlier this week. I'll confirm the number with the distributor on Sunday night and will let you know on Monday.
Just 2 more days left, it will surely arrive to you next week. Really sorry again.”

And this on 9/21:

“Hey. I need just more 48h to confirm your tracking number, sorry. If you don't get it this week, I promise to refund you this weekend without any cancellation fees, if requested. Regards”

And several other delays for the last month.

vidsgame

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2020
is it true SFFTEC won't issue refunds anymore ??
Kinda late to the party but this is the last email I got from him:

UPDATE

SFFTEC
Mon, Sep 21, 9:09 PM

to SFFTEC, bcc: me

Hi.

If you have already been fulfilled or refunded, just ignore this email.

If not, here is an update: I've been having trouble transferring money to my Asia distributor, that's why it's taking longer than planned. You can expect your order in around 20 days from now.
I know your Paypal Protection has already ended, just be assured that I'm not keeping your money, you will definitely receive your order sooner or later. However, due to financial reasons (we are going out of business soon), we are not accepting refund requests anymore. So if you have any other important requests (like an address change) that wasn't confirmed by me before, please reply to this email, as I've lost most emails from the last few weeks. I'll also keep you updated.

Regards

------------------------------

To which I replied the next day around noon:

Do we at least get a tracking number or something to indicate where the item is or whether it's shipped?

-------------

I've yet to get a response back to that.

Reactions: Phuncz

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Kinda late to the party but this is the last email I got from him:

UPDATE

SFFTEC
Mon, Sep 21, 9:09 PM
to SFFTEC, bcc: me

Hi.

If you have already been fulfilled or refunded, just ignore this email.

If not, here is an update: I've been having trouble transferring money to my Asia distributor, that's why it's taking longer than planned. You can expect your order in around 20 days from now.
I know your Paypal Protection has already ended, just be assured that I'm not keeping your money, you will definitely receive your order sooner or later. However, due to financial reasons (we are going out of business soon), we are not accepting refund requests anymore. So if you have any other important requests (like an address change) that wasn't confirmed by me before, please reply to this email, as I've lost most emails from the last few weeks. I'll also keep you updated.

Regards

------------------------------

To which I replied the next day around noon:

Do we at least get a tracking number or something to indicate where the item is or whether it's shipped?

-------------

I've yet to get a response back to that.

Whether he accepts refund requests or not...Last time I knew, PayPal expressly forbade 'pre orders' on their service. Although if it is after 45 days from purchase, you may be hung out to dry anyway.

I know a bicycle frame brand that got in hot water for that a year or two ago.

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
Hm, I just realized I got that "20 days" email too... Still, I have no unit 21 days later from that emails date. ??‍♂️

I wish someone would say if/when they've got one since the original thread was closed down.

vidsgame

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2020
Hm, I just realized I got that "20 days" email too... Still, I have no unit 21 days later from that emails date. ??‍♂️

I wish someone would say if/when they've got one since the original thread was closed down.
When I was looking at this thread, I noticed that I had a lot of missing emails. It seems you got more updates than I did but it may have been that I ordered later. I ordered it on December 31st of last year.
Whether he accepts refund requests or not...Last time I knew, PayPal expressly forbade 'pre orders' on their service. Although if it is after 45 days from purchase, you may be hung out to dry anyway.

I know a bicycle frame brand that got in hot water for that a year or two ago.

I've definitely passed that period and it seems even with Covid, the customer is hung out to dry. I doubt PayPal will make good on its policies. I'm glad there is at least some hope of getting this product seeing as people have received them but at the same time some experiences seem to tell another story.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
PayPal expressly forbade 'pre orders' on their service. Although if it is after 45 days from purchase, you may be hung out to dry anyway.

we've already discussed the paypal pre-order violation several times before. however, SFFTEC has a lot of apologists, who keep ignoring that his customer service % is a 20-80 split, in the negative.

also, paypal changed this 45 days to 180 days.

I'm glad there is at least some hope of getting this product seeing as people have received them but at the same time some experiences seem to tell another story.

some people have got their orders, and been satisfied with them, specifically about 20% of all buyers on this forum.

Last edited:

vidsgame

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2020
some people have got their orders, and been satisfied with them, specifically about 20% of all buyers on this forum.

I definitely saw that and that is disheartening to say the least. His storefront seemed legitimate up to a point mostly because there were case reviews for his products on YouTube and his storefront looked good enough to where you could say he was a indie SFF guy trying to get by.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
His storefront seemed legitimate up to a point mostly because there were case reviews for his products on YouTube and his storefront looked good enough to where you could say he was a indie SFF guy trying to get by.

we've discussed this already several times before, because his apologists keep making that argument.

if SFFTEC got 20 positive reviews on the internet, but also 80 negative reviews, what's his % split ??

and would it still be a good idea to believe SFFTEC, considering that % split ??

catawalks

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2019
we've discussed this already several times before, because his apologists keep making that argument.

if SFFTEC got 20 positive reviews on the internet, but also 80 negative reviews, what's his % split ??

and would it still be a good idea to believe SFFTEC, considering that % split ??

Yeah, it seems to be more of a gambling type of mentality. No matter how terrible the odds are, people still pay in to it with the hope that it'll pay off at some point. It's not unusual for people to have hope even when the odds are against it, and especially when they have no other option. It seems like most people have accepted the loss at this point and just have that hope in the back of their minds that maybe, just maybe, they'll get a power supply in the mail randomly one day.

I can't fault anybody for the hope that they have though.

vidsgame

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2020

I just became aware of that split from the mentions made today, truth be told, the only reason I stumbled upon this thread is because I was looking for power supply options for my build.

I mean it's likely he's has conned people but do you really think anybody wants to think about how they've been fooled or would they rather think about the slight possibility of getting their stuff unlikely as it may seem? I'm making no defense for him, either way. He definitely was wrong to promise anything when he knew he was financially unable to deliver should the product fail to arrive. Seeing this thread though, I'll cut my losses and move on.

catawalks

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2019
Add me to the list of satisfied customers. I got mine in the mail yesterday. Exterior paint is a nice matte finish and the interior components are identical to my GEEEK version. The top and bottom shell were obviously painted at separate times as the finish is slightly different, but nothing I'd worry about especially when buried in a case. The cables that came on the SFFTEC one aren't bad really, but compared to the GEEEK ones that are just so good it's hard to love them.

I'll report back on fan noise to see if I have one of the ones that were supposedly loud, I haven't put this under any loads yet to know so I can't speak to that yet.

63holden

Chassis Packer
May 19, 2020
I got mine not long after the thread was shut down on here , and I am happy with mine
It's not a high power system so I have no issues with noise