Discussion ENP-7660B from SFFTEC

AdvLeon

Efficiency Noob
May 28, 2020
coronavirus lockdowns started in march 2020.

SFFTEC started accepting payments, in november 2019.

so his excuse for the delay made no sense.

I think prior to Covid he was blaming Enhance for the delays. Then it was the distributor's fault. Honestly I should have seen the red flags ? I was too hyped for the shortened cables!

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
Just fyi, I received my psu not long ago, and it works well.
Based on an email list SFFTEC created, he is still finishing shipping remaining orders, so I believe you guys will get it soon. I hope it goes well for you, keep us updated ?

AdvLeon

Efficiency Noob
May 28, 2020
Just fyi, I received my psu not long ago, and it works well.
Based on an email list SFFTEC created, he is still finishing shipping remaining orders, so I believe you guys will get it soon. I hope it goes well for you, keep us updated ?

Would be cool if I was part of this email list lol. Or if he responded to the emails have sent almost every day for weeks.

OlliBolle

Chassis Packer
Jan 14, 2020
Would be cool if I was part of this email list lol. Or if he responded to the emails have sent almost every day for weeks.

Me too, I've never had the luxury of being part of the big chain T_T I've been hearing about this mysterious source of information for such a long time!

Blake1206

Efficiency Noob
Jun 8, 2020
I too am a part of the chain, and have not received my tracking number nor PSU. He also will not respond to emails. Definitely wondering if any more of the PSUs exist

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I too am a part of the chain, and have not received my tracking number nor PSU. He also will not respond to emails. Definitely wondering if any more of the PSUs exist

as stated above :

please keep in mind that if SFFTEC actually sends everyone their orders, or refunds everyone's orders, then there will be no profit left over.

which makes no sense for him.

pwneta

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2020
Hey guys

I got my unit a couple weeks ago, did an initial inspection, and set it on the shelf as I didn’t want to break open my k39 (v2) just yet (lazy).

For context, I ordered my 7660B from SFFTEC on June 1st.

(apologies if formatting is bad, i’m on mobile but trying)

———————————

General:

Yesterday I finally got around to replacing my FSP 500w Plat Flex ATX with SFFTECs ENP7660B

I had seen someone’s post on reddit that their SFFTEC PSU had very loose pinned wires (not sure what to call them) but the wires were falling out of the male 24pin, 8pin, connectors.
SO because of this, I gave all of mine a thorough tug before installation - all cables were snug, no loosies. Good so far.

Paint job was great. The unit overall looks incredible compared to my FSP.

——————————

Installation:

For context, I am using a RTX 2060 ITX by Gigabyte in mu K39.

The cables on the 7660b were JUST long enough to reach the 8Pin power connector on the 2060. They are quite literally perfect length here - however it was a little tough to tuck the second 6+2 power into the corner on the k39, ymmv. As is, this was another plus.

The overall short length of the cables made sliding the 7660B into the K39 incredibly easy compared to the FSP. Another plus.

The 20+4 design of the 7660b was weird but easy to adapt to.

The 24 pin cable was a little lengthy for the K39, but that’s neither good nor bad - it still fit and tucked just fine. The 8Pin CPU power was perfect length (again, I know this PSU wasn’t made for any specific case, just noting fit for potential buyers that have a K39 as well).

I am super excited to have a second 6+2 PCIe power available with this unit. When and if 3070 ITX cards start coming out, this will be fantastic to have.

——————————

Volume / Noises

I have heard a few people voice issue with coil whine - I can say that on my unit this was present (for whatever reason) only when closing Unigen after a benchmark.

The fan volume is another MAJOR plus for me. I had previously been using the FSP 500 WITHOUT a Noctua fan (cause i like airplanes..? i kid, that shit was LOUD). I would literally get woken up by the fan on that unit when my PC decided to wake at night cause of ghosts.

The SFFTEC 7660b was damn quiet on startup compared to this. I mean it still has audible noise, but very very quiet. It’s kind of got a smooth sound to it too, if that makes sense, no choppiness or anything the air sounds very clean and wooshy lol.

During gaming the same volume as startup, ish.
Waking up from sleep is near silent, standard browsing same.

The sound improvement over the stock FSP500 is probably the best part hands down. Even if the cables were the same length as the FSP and the unit was silver I’d still take this in a heartbeat.

———————————

Overall, I’m really stoked on it.

I know that I was fortunate in that I ordered it June 1st, got it start of September (so not the longest wait time, still 3 months), but I personally wasn’t bothered by that. I mean I knew what I was getting into just yolo copping a PC part from a random guy on an internet forum - after a month or so I kind of just figured it was lost money.

That said, the unit itself blew me out of the water compared to the FSP 500 Plat. Really looking forward to 3000 series ITX cards coming in the future cause I believe this power supply could handle a 3070 easily.

Just wanted to give my complete thoughts and maybe give some hope to those waiting? It’s a really good PSU.

Good luck dudes, and happy building :)

SYS64738

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 15, 2020
Hi there, I ordered the PSU from SFFTEC mid december and really wanted the item and also felt bad for the sellers problems (which was a mistake I guess). After multiple shipping delays more starting in july I requested a refund on September 3rd by emailing SFFTEC. Since the shipping update thread was locked I did not hear anything from the seller regarding shipping my order or more recently my refund request. The "mass" emails also never got to me (and I checked my spam folder). As more than 180 day have passed I have no option engaging paypal to get my money back. The whole process has been deeply frustrating. Has anyone in the same boat like me tips on what I could try or has anyone found any means to get in touch with SFFTEC. I still kind of refuse to think I was scammed as this would be probably the most heavy handed method to rip people off.

Reactions: OlliBolle

OlliBolle

Chassis Packer
Jan 14, 2020
Hi there, I ordered the PSU from SFFTEC mid december and really wanted the item and also felt bad for the sellers problems (which was a mistake I guess). After multiple shipping delays more starting in july I requested a refund on September 3rd by emailing SFFTEC. Since the shipping update thread was locked I did not hear anything from the seller regarding shipping my order or more recently my refund request. The "mass" emails also never got to me (and I checked my spam folder). As more than 180 day have passed I have no option engaging paypal to get my money back. The whole process has been deeply frustrating. Has anyone in the same boat like me tips on what I could try or has anyone found any means to get in touch with SFFTEC. I still kind of refuse to think I was scammed as this would be probably the most heavy handed method to rip people off.

This is identical to my experience and thoughts entirely. I'm also a mid-December order. He got really offended when he misread the mod post and thought they accused him of being a scammer and he often got agitated when people were getting angrier. You would think someone running a scam would be calmer and work harder to keep people waiting patiently for their cover to run out, which he has not. Or maybe that is the genius of the act, who knows.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
keep people waiting patiently for their cover to run out, which he has not. Or maybe that is the genius of the act

if i rob a bank, do i have to put out a full front-page ad in the newspaper, for my robbery to take effect ??

SFFTEC has already accomplished his goal, enough people have run over paypal/credit card's 180 day claim period, so that he's made a profit.

obviously, maybe 2 out of 10 posters will get their item & leave positive feedback, but that's an approximate 20-80 % split, in the negative.

SFFTEC's negative % split tells you everything you need to know.

Loudiddly

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 13, 2020
I'm really confused. People are saying there were mass email lists to those who hadn't received their units yet? I haven't heard anything in a month, and haven't received a tracking number or shipping notice. No reply to any of my multiple emails in that time either. I ordered in December too, and I feel like I've been more than understanding throughout this process. I can't help but feeling rather pissed off that so many people have their psus already, and I've been left in the dark for this long.

azagar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 22, 2016
Want to join in on the 0 communication received from SFFTEC club as well. Late December order, I've been emailing once a month for the last 2 months but nothing from him yet. All in all only a $120 lesson learned I guess.