Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Hi

Is anyone interested in being able to get a Noctus fan that's a straight swap with the correct pin header. For the Enhance ENP-7660B / Silverstone fx600?

Let me know if any interest and any colour prefs (ie Noctua baby poo brown or black)

cheers

Reactions: Aguda33

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 28, 2021
If understood correctly - You'll modify the noctua fan with new connector, so people can DIY swap it on their PSU without the necessary crimping equipment? I'd buy that.

Reactions: Overtek

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
I can recommend this upgrade, I purchased the ENP-7660B with the Noctua fan and custom wire lengths from Overtek.
It is extremely quiet and you will receive excellent service from Overtek.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Hi

Is anyone interested in being able to get a Noctus fan that's a straight swap with the correct pin header. For the Enhance ENP-7660B / Silverstone fx600?

Let me know if any interest and any colour prefs (ie Noctua baby poo brown or black)

cheers

Definitely interested. Don't know how you plan to get it in black color, but I would pay extra for black... I have had it with brown Noctuas.

Reactions: Overtek

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
I'll pop a pic up tomorrow of the brown and black should be hopefully in and available in about a weeks time.

If anyone wants any Noctua in OEM form, ie no external packaging, Let me know and I will cost it up. Would be an MOQ of 10pcs though. A bit lower cost that retail.

Cheers

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
P1000114 (1600x864).jpg
P1000115.JPG
P1000118 (1600x1115).jpg
P1000119 (1600x962).jpg
Cats out the bag, place your bets now

Just the brown in stock now: £20.00 plus taxes and delivery.
Black fan colour to hopefully be made available in approx 1-2 weeks.

and just for fun. because sometimes how we get there is more interesting. Here's the pin crimp applicator to apply the damn small 2mm pitch pins
P1000122 (1600x900).jpg
P1000124 (1600x900).jpg

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I don't see this fan on your site yet.... am I missing it?

I have an MF-600f, a modular PSU from Aliexpress, and I'd like to swap the 40mm fan for the Noctua NF-A4x20.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
I don't see this fan on your site yet.... am I missing it?

I have an MF-600f, a modular PSU from Aliexpress, and I'd like to swap the 40mm fan for the Noctua NF-A4x20.
Hi,

I'll get it sorted tomorrow.

Now your one from Aliexpress, this I believe is a clone (ripped off design) with a different component set and not produced by Enhance. The fan controller may work at different voltage levels and this may not be suitable for that power supply.

The only way to asses it is to get a multimeter on the fan header and see what voltage is being pushed out with PS ON taken active low and no load. Also helpful would be to know the fan model they have used to get the fan datasheet. The stock fan in genuine product is an ADDA that's custom for Enhance with a lower than standard startup voltage. Nominally for 12v fans this is 4.5V, but the ADDA will run from around 2.4V.

Better still is if you can get the producer to provide the psu fan voltage V load map ideally at 20C and also 40C ambients.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Now your one from Aliexpress, this I believe is a clone (ripped off design) with a different component set and not produced by Enhance. The fan controller may work at different voltage levels and this may not be suitable for that power supply.

The only way to asses it is to get a multimeter on the fan header and see what voltage is being pushed out with PS ON taken active low and no load. Also helpful would be to know the fan model they have used to get the fan datasheet. The stock fan in genuine product is an ADDA that's custom for Enhance with a lower than standard startup voltage. Nominally for 12v fans this is 4.5V, but the ADDA will run from around 2.4V.

Better still is if you can get the producer to provide the psu fan voltage V load map ideally at 20C and also 40C ambients.

here is the original fan model of the TaoBao PSU:

Bild_2022-02-08_231922.png

Although I haven't checked with a multimeter, the fan (voltage) curve of that PSU appears to be a bit more "aggressive" compared to the original ENHANCE.

I've modded mine with a 12V NOCTUA and can confirm it works fine so far (tested between ca. 0~450W load). Hope this helps.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

Thanks for the reply. @REVOCCASES did a great teardown on the MF-700f from the same company. A Noctua swap seemed to work and did well in reducing noise. The original fan used is:

Edit: @REVOCCASES you are amazing. I can't thank you enough for all the work you do... even snipping my post as I was working on it.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
here is the original fan model of the TaoBao PSU:

View attachment 1575

Although I haven't checked with a multimeter, the fan (voltage) curve of that PSU appears to be a bit more "aggressive" compared to the original ENHANCE.

I've modded mine with a 12V NOCTUA and can confirm it works fine so far (tested between ca. 0~450W load). Hope this helps.
Cheers,

Means it has a starting voltage of probably >4.5vdc to spin up the 12v noctua.

Shenzhen Hondaly is the manufacturer, but have maybe gone under, given their website is gone.

Will try an email for them and see if they can provide some data. My guess, dual ball, H for high speed and probably 12-14krpm rpm. cfm probably 11-13.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Thanks for the reply. @REVOCCASES did a great teardown on the MF-700f from the same company. A Noctua swap seemed to work and did well in reducing noise. The original fan used is:

Edit: @REVOCCASES you are amazing. I can't thank you enough for all the work you do... even snipping my post as I was working on it.
I do have a 12V 40mm Noctua on hand, that I think is unmolested. We just looked at it to see what startup voltage it could run with and worked out it was totally unsuitable for enhance 7660B. Will check on Thursday and if suitable could setup for a suitable straight swap

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk

Do have a 12V version on hand, drop me a message if you are interested in buying it with 2.0mm pitch pin header fitting so it can be easily swapped in with a reliable connection.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Wait, what? Does a black version of NF-A4x20 even exist?
Give your eyes a little rub, nope you're not dreaming.

The first black one, now ready for fitment in ENP-7660B or the Silverstone branded version. Still they couldn't just leave it at all back could they had to get the old brown silicon corners in didn't they. Fair play to Noctua, its a unique identity that has set them apart.

Both available now

P1000149 (1280x1264).jpg