Discussion ENP-7660B from SFFTEC

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
All in all only a $120 lesson learned I guess.

as discussed above, SFFTEC's customer satisfaction % is 20-80, in the negative.

and he can't ship everyone their item, because there would be no profit left over for him, if he actually did.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
was just providing an alternative. I have the 7660 in my main rig and honestly have enjoyed the modularity of the metalfish in my K39, makes cable management wayyy easier. I'm of course no authority on anything, so your mileage may vary

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
also, for all those that got screwed on the SFFTEC orders, Paypal my be more compelled to care if you are able to get a total figure for the group that was hosed. Could be a lot more compelling than each individual trying to recoup their loss independently.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
also felt bad for the sellers problems (which was a mistake I guess).

I still kind of refuse to think I was scammed

for all those that got screwed on the SFFTEC orders, Paypal my be more compelled to care if you are able to get a total figure for the group that was hosed.

i agree.

however, a lot of people are in denial, that SFFTEC hosed them.

Last edited:

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
so im not a lawyer, but have worked as an investigator for quite some time. the amount of money, any demonstrable proof of his intent not to send the units and the fact that the money crossed borders may be a basis for some sort of action. generally, payment processors like Paypal will cave relatively quickly when those elements come into play.

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
I feel like accusations as these, specially from non-customers, certainly contributed for the guy to freak out and get banned. As a result, real customers can't get an update from him here anymore.
I still believe the guy is legit despite the delays and poor communication, so be 100% sure before making serious claims like these...

OlliBolle

Chassis Packer
Jan 14, 2020
New email from SFFTEC:
Hi.

If you have already been fulfilled or refunded, just ignore this email.

If not, here is an update: I've been having trouble transferring money to my Asia distributor, that's why it's taking longer than planned. You can expect your order in around 20 days from now.
I know your Paypal Protection has already ended, just be assured that I'm not keeping your money, you will definitely receive your order sooner or later. However, due to financial reasons (we are going out of business soon), we are not accepting refund requests anymore. So if you have any other important requests (like an address change) that wasn't confirmed by me before, please reply to this email, as I've lost most emails from the last few weeks. I'll also keep you updated.

Regards

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
I feel like accusations as these, specially from non-customers, certainly contributed for the guy to freak out and get banned. As a result, real customers can't get an update from him here anymore.
I still believe the guy is legit despite the delays and poor communication, so be 100% sure before making serious claims like these...

I am a customer and got conned on a cryorig from the guy that was clearly buying from Taobao and selling as a customized part (see my post in the thread above). the guy is totally full of sh** and only refunded my 7660 purchase because I was able to get his contact info from his Brazilian company filing. the whole thing was a thinly veiled con job that misrepresented the goods being sold. his emails to me and everyone in these forums consist of empty assurances and bs reasons to delay the time period beyond the 180 day guarantee. I've bought a bunch of custom parts from legit sole proprietor vendors that actually create their own awesome products like J-Hack (dude is a champ) and salvo studios that been have delivered on time without any shenanigans and refunded without delay when needed.

I wouldn't say this stuff just to stoke the flames of outrage, this guy is a best a poor businessman peddling "custom" parts to unwitting and trusting SFF enthusiasts and at worst (and most likely) a fraud that has bilked enough money from enough people to warrant a banning and a dedicated thread on how many people lost money to his grift. just as a benchmark, you shouldnt have to go to the lengths I did to get a refund.

to blame angry, jilted customers for the guy's inability to provide reasonable returns for money payed in exchange for a big fat nothing does nothing more than perpetuate the same thing the poster above referenced, a disillusion that anything this dude did was ever in good faith.

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
MOD BREAK:

This thread is about the PSU itself.

If it devolves into a repeat of the last thread it'll be closed. SFFTEC's business is not to be done on this forum - he was banned for a reason - poor business processes, poor communication, misleading and leading on customers. We've seen numerous people who have lost money and significant time to SFFTEC. We gave him numerous chances to sort the situation out, and the game kept playing on. The decision to ban the user was not taken lightly, not by any stretch of the imagination.

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
MOD BREAK:

This thread is about the PSU itself.

If it devolves into a repeat of the last thread it'll be closed. SFFTEC's business is not to be done on this forum - he was banned for a reason - poor business processes, poor communication, misleading and leading on customers. We've seen numerous people who have lost money and significant time to SFFTEC. We gave him numerous chances to sort the situation out, and the game kept playing on. The decision to ban the user was not taken lightly, not by any stretch of the imagination.
This is supposed to be a thread to for us SFFTEC PSU buyers who haven't received their units to come together to share information. Some people don't even know that SFFTEC has poor customer service history, so this also helps as a 2nd source of information if they're looking to buy from him if they Google the PSU for reviews.

It's also a good way to help people figure out their next move in to move forward.
For example: I, myself, didn't know that VELKASE offered a comparable unit that's not listed on their site. That was Uber helpful.

I know you're just trying to keep things civil, but this is literally the only place we have in order to gather and discuss the current situation. Some people are trash talking the seller but most of us just want to know what's up and what we can do.

I hope you take into consideration that it's just a forum to collect our opinions and information, not a place for an angry mob to congregate, when keeping an eye on us.

Thanks for your service btw. I would hate to mod a forum XD!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
This is supposed to be a thread to for us SFFTEC PSU buyers who haven't received their units to come together to share information. Some people don't even know that SFFTEC has poor customer service history, so this also helps as a 2nd source of information if they're looking to buy from him if they Google the PSU for reviews.

It's also a good way to help people figure out their next move in to move forward.
For example: I, myself, didn't know that VELKASE offered a comparable unit that's not listed on their site. That was Uber helpful.

I know you're just trying to keep things civil, but this is literally the only place we have in order to gather and discuss the current situation. Some people are trash talking the seller but most of us just want to know what's up and what we can do.

I hope you take into consideration that it's just a forum to collect our opinions and information, not a place for an angry mob to congregate, when keeping an eye on us.

Thanks for your service btw. I would hate to mod a forum XD!
Once bitten, twice shy. Just hard to find that balance with the strong emotions folks have regarding this one! Thanks for the comments :)

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
Yeah even back then I thought it was a model that had been used in servers for years. I was mistaken :)
It has been, I've had my 7660B in my Velka3 since Oct 2019 and it's not a prototype model. I'm not sure why this rumor is going around.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
It has been, I've had my 7660B in my Velka3 since Oct 2019 and it's not a prototype model.

i'm not saying that no other distributors had final models in 2019.

i'm saying that SFFTEC had prototype models in 2019.

the reason posters believe that, is because approximately 4 out of every 5 SFFTEC units are very noisy, based on reports on this forum.

final models are not noisy.