Discussion ENP-7660B from SFFTEC

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
HI folks,

I'm trying to find people from the last few shipments from the dreadful delay/customer service fiasco regarding the Enhance ENP 7660b "pro limited edition" version from SFFTEC.

I am mostly curious, as some users have had their units for a little while, and should have a better idea on the quality by now. Does anyone have any complaints about the unit itself?

And if you are curious about how the situation has turned out, two weeks after his thread was locked/banned by admin.... There's still a lot of us with a carrot being dangled in front of us.

If I ever do get my unit, I'll probably post it here on SFFN, just to get the memory gone. LOL

***EDIT NOTE***
This thread has became more focused on pooling UPDATES, and helpful information on the SFFTEC PSU.

So, please, if you have anything positive to contribute in the way of information or opinion, please do so. If you're here to smear or talk trash about the seller, please take that somewhere other than SFF.N.

Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
HI folks,

I'm trying to find people from the last few shipments from the dreadful delay/customer service fiasco regarding the Enhance ENP 7660b "pro limited edition" version from SFFTEC.

I am mostly curious, as some users have had their units for a little while, and should have a better idea on the quality by now. Does anyone have any complaints about the unit itself?

And if you are curious about how the situation has turned out, two weeks after his thread was locked/banned by admin.... There's still a lot of us with a carrot being dangled in front of us.

If I ever do get my unit, I'll probably post it here on SFFN, just to get the memory gone. LOL

i asked someone from the other thread whether they got it, and they confirmed their unit works as promised.

however, about 4 other people told me that its very noisy.

so that's about a 20-80 percentage split, in the negative, on customer satisfaction.

my theory is that SFFTEC's units were early prototypes from Enhance, which is why so many are very noisy.

Reactions: kojimagtr

OlliBolle

Chassis Packer
Jan 14, 2020
I have emailed him a lot since the thread was locked and he hasn't responded once. I also used his PayPal email address and tried contacting him via the website and using a different email address of mine in case he blocked me or something. Still nothing. What has he said to you then if he's dangling the carrot?

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
I have emailed him a lot since the thread was locked and he hasn't responded once. I also used his PayPal email address and tried contacting him via the website and using a different email address of mine in case he blocked me or something. Still nothing. What has he said to you then if he's dangling the carrot?
All that most of us have heard, are general mass emails to an insanely long list of recipients.

I've replied all to the group a few times and a few other people have replied all a few times. Some people responded back that they had already received their units but it's only two or three IIRC.

I've also sent two personal emails to him but no reply to any of the methods.

Below are the mass emails he sent out and the timestamps.

Aug 31, 2020, 7:57 PM:
Hi. Your order will ship tomorrow or on Wednesday, I'll send you the tracking number by Thursday. If you have any important request that wasn't mentioned before, like an address change, please reply to this email asap. If you don't have any new requests, you can ignore this. If you have already received your order or have already requested a refund, you can ignore this too, I'll issue all pending refunds by the end of this week. Sorry for the delays, I hope you still like the product. Regards

Sep 3, 2020, 5:49 PM:
Hello. Half of the remaining orders got shipped today, the other half will ship tomorrow. I'll certainly send all tracking numbers on early Saturday. Pending refunds will be issued this Sunday. This should be your last update, don't worry :) Regards

Sun, Sep 6 at 8:05 PM:
Hello. All orders from this list are shipped (except the refund requests, of course). Most of you already received the tracking number. If you didn't, please wait for more 36h, sorry... Regards

Sep 9, 2020, 7:43 PM:
Hi all. There was a miscommunication with our distributor, the remaining orders were actually shipped a few hours ago, and will finish later today. We are using Express methods (Fedex IP/DHL Express), so it should arrive to you around Monday. I'll send the tracking numbers before that, probably on Friday. For the refund requests, please wait until Sunday, as I need to organize some things first. Ps: If you already have the tracking number, I apologize for these emails, it's just easier for me to use this email list. This should be the last one... Regards

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
i asked someone from the other thread whether they got it, and they confirmed their unit works as promised.

however, about 4 other people told me that its very noisy.

so that's about a 20-80 percentage split, in the negative, on customer satisfaction.

my theory is that SFFTEC's units were early prototypes from Enhance, which is why so many are very noisy.

Yeah I'm kind of worried that if I ever do get mine, that it's going to be sub-par.
I actually have a stock 7660b, so I will DEFINITELY be able to compair the two though.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
So I was lucky enough to get out of the 7660 pro, but got conned into buying a cryorig from him. After some googling, I found the same product for sale on Taobao (https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w4004-22608637070.7.5b9a5736k8TJ0r&id=604551563435). From his correspondence on the PSU, it looks like he put in a custom group buy order to Enhance for the cables and/or color. That was my suspicion, given the delay. From what I was able to find, most of his items were simply marked-up Taobao items and, given the shipping delays associated with the items, it seems that he was just ordering the units through something like superbuy. I can't post his contact details on the forum, but can suggest that you take the company number from the PayPal account and run it through the Brazilian company register using google translate. http://receita.economia.gov.br/orientacao/tributaria/cadastros/consultas-cnpj

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
group buy order to Enhance for the cables and/or color. That was my suspicion, given the delay.

that's exactly what it is. but he did this at Enhance's prototype stage.

so there's an approximate 20-80 percentage split, in the negative, on whether the ENP-7660B will be very noisy, or not.

this is because its a group buy order of early prototypes, not final models.

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
that's exactly what it is. but he did this at Enhance's prototype stage.

so there's an approximate 20-80 percentage split, in the negative, on whether the ENP-7660B will be very noisy, or not.

this is because its a group buy order of early prototypes, not final models.
Interesting, I thought the 7660B was a well established model. The more you know

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
it is well-established, now in september 2020.

but remember that SFFTEC started taking payments for his scheme, in november 2019.
Yeah even back then I thought it was a model that had been used in servers for years. I was mistaken :)

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
So I was lucky enough to get out of the 7660 pro, but got conned into buying a cryorig from him. After some googling, I found the same product for sale on Taobao (https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w4004-22608637070.7.5b9a5736k8TJ0r&id=604551563435). From his correspondence on the PSU, it looks like he put in a custom group buy order to Enhance for the cables and/or color. That was my suspicion, given the delay. From what I was able to find, most of his items were simply marked-up Taobao items and, given the shipping delays associated with the items, it seems that he was just ordering the units through something like superbuy. I can't post his contact details on the forum, but can suggest that you take the company number from the PayPal account and run it through the Brazilian company register using google translate. http://receita.economia.gov.br/orientacao/tributaria/cadastros/consultas-cnpj
I can't find the company number, advice?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I have emailed him a lot since the thread was locked and he hasn't responded once. I also used his PayPal email address and tried contacting him via the website and using a different email address

All that most of us have heard, are general mass emails to an insanely long list of recipients.

I've replied all to the group a few times and a few other people have replied all a few times. Some people responded back that they had already received their units but it's only two or three IIRC.

I've also sent two personal emails to him but no reply to any of the methods.

if you still have time remaining, with paypal's 180 day buyer protection, you should file a claim. this also applies to credit cards.

please keep in mind that if SFFTEC actually sends everyone their orders, or refunds everyone's orders, then there will be no profit left over.

which makes no sense for him.

only if SFFTEC keeps about half of the money, does he make a profit. this works if enough people wait longer than these 180 days.

we discussed in the other thread, that he seemed to be stalling, so he could keep about half the money.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
if you still have time remaining, with paypal's 180 day buyer protection, you should file a claim. this also applies to credit cards.

please keep in mind that if SFFTEC actually sends everyone their orders, or refunds everyone's orders, then there will be no profit left over.

only if SFFTEC keeps about half of the money, does he make a profit. this works if enough people wait longer than these 180 days.

we discussed in the other thread, that he seemed to be stalling, so he could keep about half the money.
How do you know his margins?

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020

Nah, I'm out of my window... I should have known better and tried to cut my losses before it closed. =/

AdvLeon

Efficiency Noob
May 28, 2020
Nah, I'm out of my window... I should have known better and tried to cut my losses before it closed. =/

I'm in the same boat. PayPal rejected my claim. Foolish of me really to believe that this guy was sincere. I thought at the time that he just seemed overwhelmed and then Covid happened to make shipping more difficult.

I have emailed both his email addresses with multiple email accounts. Messaged on Facebook and Instagram. No word from him since he emailed me to ask for my mobile number saying he was "shipping it now". That was about a month ago.

While I understand the Admins choice to ban the guy we were at least able to put collective pressure on him. Now that is no longer possible.

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
I'm in the same boat. PayPal rejected my claim. Foolish of me really to believe that this guy was sincere. I thought at the time that he just seemed overwhelmed and then Covid happened to make shipping more difficult.

I have emailed both his email addresses with multiple email accounts. Messaged on Facebook and Instagram. No word from him since he emailed me to ask for my mobile number saying he was "shipping it now". That was about a month ago.

While I understand the Admins choice to ban the guy we were at least able to put collective pressure on him. Now that is no longer possible.

That's sort of what I'm trying to accomplish with this thread and by keeping that mega email chain going with like 100 recipients.

We might be able to get PayPal to take action, but I have no idea how to get that to happen...

Reactions: AdvLeon

AdvLeon

Efficiency Noob
May 28, 2020
That's sort of what I'm trying to accomplish with this thread and by keeping that mega email chain going with like 100 recipients.

We might be able to get PayPal to take action, but I have no idea how to get that to happen...

Unfortunately in PayPal's eyes we are small fish. My claim was instantly rejected by the automatic system. No human has reviewed it so they probably have no clue.

I've got my Credit card company involved now so perhaps they can help.

kojimagtr

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 24, 2020
I mean, I'd feel better if it was at least a PP ban or account/funds frozen indefinitely. A refund is out of the question at this point and my bank won't dispute it. ??‍♂️ I'm just salty I guess.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I thought at the time that he just seemed overwhelmed and then Covid happened to make shipping more difficult.

coronavirus lockdowns started in march 2020.

SFFTEC started accepting payments, in november 2019.

so his excuse for the delay made no sense.