News EKWB VTX pumps

EK just released VTX pumps with slightly better specs than the DDC pumps but same footprint.

A lot of projects here are designing around DDC pumps so I thought about sharing this. What are your thoughts?

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
Damn, now I want this pump as well. Is there any chance to get the pump only without the reservoir? I don't think I am going to use it and the price bites.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Did you find out what the problem was?
After received the new pump finally I've discovered which was the issue.
Inside the impeller there is a small metal cylinder, I think used to check from top the speed/etc. of the pump.

In the first unit I got, it was loose, so was bouncing bottom/top creating that weird sound. Now I have it placed on another hole, pressing it strongly, and seems the issue has gone!

My second unit has no problem at all. It's so crazy how much is silent compared to a DDC!

Reactions: NinoPecorino

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
aren't those black thingies on the top and on the bottom actually plugs? so you can actually mount it in two ways

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
aren't those black thingies on the top and on the bottom actually plugs? so you can actually mount it in two ways
Nope, they are fill/drain port. The inlet/outlet are only on the back. It was made to target the back holes in the M1

Protools

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
is there any other alternative reservoir to use as a combo with ddc motor which will fit the T1?
I'd suggest doing reservoir-less, using a CPU pump block combo.
with DDC there's only the Swiftech apogee drive II, but there's 2 prototypes being developed.
and

Cheers.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I honestly hope EK decides to provide an option of the VTX with the flat reservoirs.

Curious about this as well. Anyone asked EK? VTX shares the same mount as DDC, so should be straightforward unless I miss something.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Curious about this as well. Anyone asked EK? VTX shares the same mount as DDC, so should be straightforward unless I miss something.

I've emailed them several times during the course of the year. The answer is always the same "We have no current plans to sell the pump on it's own"
Pretty crazy really, but it is what it is..........

• Sad
Reactions: thelaughingman

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I’ve taken the plunge and ordered it with a view to use just the VTX pump combined with a Burrows cpu block/pump/res combo and replace the burrows pump with the vtx (hope it fits and works).
It’s really silly for EK not to sell the pump alone, but I guess it is what it is...
Plan is to use that to power a dual 240mm rad loop in the Ncase.
I’ll try to update here once I have all parts in hand but it will be a while.

Reactions: thelaughingman

torexko

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 8, 2020
So how much of a difference does the VTX really make? @fabio
Is it worth spending almost 180€ just to get the pump? Over let's say an ordinary EK-DDC 3.2 PWM? Or a Swiftech MCP35X?

I want the most silent pump I can get!
But I still need good pressure and flow, since I want to do a full loop with 2 very restrictive radiators.

Reactions: fabio

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
So how much of a difference does the VTX really make? @fabio
Is it worth spending almost 180€ just to get the pump? Over let's say an ordinary EK-DDC 3.2 PWM? Or a Swiftech MCP35X?

I want the most silent pump I can get!
But I still need good pressure and flow, since I want to do a full loop with 2 very restrictive radiators.
VTX is not worth the price if you don't need the whole pump/res combo imo.

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Reactions: fabio