EKWB VTX pumps

Vacceo

Trash Compacter
Mar 17, 2020
I honestly hope EK decides to provide an option of the VTX with the flat reservoirs.

gregbiv

Chassis Packer
Apr 17, 2020
Damn, now I want this pump as well. Is there any chance to get the pump only without the reservoir? I don't think I am going to use it and the price bites.

fabio

SFF Guru
Gold Supporter
Apr 6, 2016
Did you find out what the problem was?
After received the new pump finally I've discovered which was the issue.
Inside the impeller there is a small metal cylinder, I think used to check from top the speed/etc. of the pump.

In the first unit I got, it was loose, so was bouncing bottom/top creating that weird sound. Now I have it placed on another hole, pressing it strongly, and seems the issue has gone!

My second unit has no problem at all. It's so crazy how much is silent compared to a DDC!

Reactions: NinoPecorino

gregbiv

Chassis Packer
Apr 17, 2020
aren't those black thingies on the top and on the bottom actually plugs? so you can actually mount it in two ways

fabio

SFF Guru
Gold Supporter
Apr 6, 2016
aren't those black thingies on the top and on the bottom actually plugs? so you can actually mount it in two ways
Nope, they are fill/drain port. The inlet/outlet are only on the back. It was made to target the back holes in the M1

gregbiv

Chassis Packer
Apr 17, 2020
is there any other alternative reservoir to use as a combo with ddc motor which will fit the T1?

Protools

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
is there any other alternative reservoir to use as a combo with ddc motor which will fit the T1?
I'd suggest doing reservoir-less, using a CPU pump block combo.
with DDC there's only the Swiftech apogee drive II, but there's 2 prototypes being developed.
and

Cheers.