Cooling EK MLC compatibility with Ghost S1?

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 11, 2017
Is it possible to fit a 240mm MLC into the S1?
It's too difficult to make a custom loop since there is no suitable water sink and pump module for SFF cases, even though there is some room when the original GPU heatsink is replaced by a water block.

AfterInfinity

Chassis Packer
Dec 7, 2018
afterinfinity.no
Is it possible to fit a 240mm MLC into the S1?
Yes it will, you can build the Ghost S1 as tall as you want.
With the 240mm version being 68mm thick, this does mean you will have to use 2 tophats, a large and a small one.
But will it look nice? That is up to you to decide.

Below I'll attach the dimensions of both the EK-MLC (240mm) and the Loque Ghost S1:

It's too difficult to make a custom loop since there is no suitable water sink and pump module for SFF cases, even though there is some room when the original GPU heatsink is replaced by a water block.
Damn right it's hard!
However it is doable, you don't need a reservoir, of course it is optimal because of turbulence but as long as you have taken all the air out of the loop it will work.

I believe JayzTwoCents made a video building a dual 240mm system in the Loque Ghost S1.

Edit: Found the video!
In the video, I see he used a Swiftech Apogee II which is a CPU/Pump combo.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Based on the OAW and OAL dimension, they should fit, but with screw-boss and magnets on each of the four inside corners, it may be too tight for the EK MLC. I can check tonight to see if the MLC radiator fits within a tophat...

However, even if they fit, your problem will likely be the long hoses and the CDC dry breaks being large.