Enclosure Louqe Ghost S1 MkII and Asus ROG Ryujin 240 compatible?

Artur DeDot

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
Dear SFF-lovers and SFF.-members,
I am about to upgrade my mini-ITX machine from an Ryzen 1800X to an i9-9900KS (don't wanna know if it's worse or not) running on a Asus ROG Strix Z390-I, but I read on the website of the Louqe Ghost S1 that the max high of CPU heatsink is up to 66mm but the Asus heatsink is 70mm (specs from Asus website). So my idea is to cool the i9-9900KS direct die which should save some milimeters (hopefully enough?). Does somebody got any experience with a setup like that?
[Sorry for my english, I am located in Germany]
Greetings from Northern Germany
Artur

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
If you're talking about de-lidding the (very high-end) CPU in hopes of shaving 4mm of height, then I would suggest you consider risk vs. reward - I just don't see getting 4mm out of the way by doing that, and you may end up modding the heatsink anyway. I didn't see the Asus heatsink that you were referring to @ 70mm, but there's a particular Austrian company that makes very nice coolers in 65mm, and they no longer have to be BROWN.

Whatever you decide keep us posted, as this sounds like it will be a very interesting build. Good luck!

Geedub

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2017
Interesting build attempt, I have an Asus Ryuo 240 cooling a 3900X cpu and I'm a little disappointed in it's performance even though I'm running it stock with only PBO enabled in the bios. I am using the Nuvolo Steck which is a slight chinese ripoff of the Louqe Ghost S1. I picked it up cause it came with a tophat to house a 240mm AIO cooler or a pair of 120mm fans and 2 tempered glass side panels. I'm thinking of trying an Kraken X52. Most of the Youtube reviews of the 9900KS recommended a 280 or 360 rad cooler if you intend to overclock the cpu. Neither of these will fit in a Louqe Ghost S1. I was surprised at the performance of a Noctua NH-L12 to cool the 9900k, too bad they discontinued it.