Cooling Ghost S1 AIO and custom loop possibly.

SAS

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Hi,

I had a EK predator but I sold it before buying into the Ghost S1.... and now they have their new Phoenix AIO.

What I dont find any where is IF it is expandable so you can use your custom tube and fittings? There are no videos or anyone that has it to confirm this.

I am asking as it would be perfect for me as I am looking into cooling a 8700k and a FTW3 on a single 240 radiator.

Yes yes yes.... I know temps wont be super ideal but with the current tests that I am making then in a closed case with and OC of 5.0 at 1.34v and a slight OC on the gpu of +64 +350.

My temps are 69c on the CPU and around 53c on the GPU with heavy gaming. Fans on 900 rpm. Very silent.

I have been trying the BeQuiet AIO expanded to the GPU + 240rad + reservoir. The problem is that the pump is not very powerfull and to make matters worse then the only tubing I had on hand was the massive 19/13.

So the flow rate was very very poor. I will have to redo the tests with their standard tubing that is 12/8 i think or 12/10.

I have also been thinking of using the Alphacool Eisbear but I think it will be too tall for the Ghost S1.

Also I would like to a have a seperate pump and res as I would like to use the STRIX Z370I full cover waterblock.

SAS

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017

Just some photos of my test setup. I just took what I had at hand. The main thing is the temps on a single 240 radiator. Case used here is a NZXT Manta.

Last edited:

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
The BeQuiet block is an improved version of the Eisbaer, so I don't think you'll want an Esibaer. But anyway it is definitely too tall because the tubes come out of the top.

Nice build by the way I really like the look of chunky 19/13.

If you get two L top hats you can put in whatever you want :D

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018

Just some photos of my test setup. I just took what I had at hand. The main thing is the temps on a single 240 radiator. Case used here is a NZXT Manta.

What happened to the pictures?

I am also waiting on my Ghost S1 Mk II and I will be building a multi-radiator custom water loop. The only thing I haven't worked out is the reservoir.

I have used a multi-port radiator as a reservoir in the past, top mount and figure this is a possibility. Although I would rather have a proper res, custom made or whatever.