Production Dr Zaber Sentry - Console-sized gaming PC case project

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
We will check how our manufacturing capabilities will look like in terms of making Sentry units in white color. Right now white Sentry is more problematic in logistics and it needs more time be painted. We are using 2 separate paint shops to make black and white cases. Black was never a problem. White is a very tricky color, and it is not so easy to get the quality we demand. We have a company who will be painting our white Sentry cases, but we made an agreement only on this indiegogo campaign batch. This paintshop is a really busy place, and to get there with our order it took us a lot of time. Because of that, we do not really know if we will be making many more white cases. We will see how everything will look like after the shipment to the backers. We are not saying deffinatelly NO, but if we will be able to handle this color in the future.
Your response is much appreciated. I hope your campaign continues to be a huge success and you guys keep working on the sentries for a long time. I will pray for the ease of white paint's accessibility meanwhile :D

Branch_bryce

Cable Smoosher
Jan 17, 2017
Hello again, I just have a quick question about possibly downgrading my CPU to a lower TDP. I currently have an i5 6600k and a Gigabyte Z170n gaming 5 mobo. Is there a CPU that will fit in this mobo, that won't bottleneck my GTX 1070, that is also either 65w or 35w?

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Yes, during the indiegogo campaign. After the campaign, there's a possibility that white colour won't be made at all (that is why there is no Long Run for white colour).

How about a silver/grey sand texture instead of white? I have a sample called "switch silver", but I haven't been able to figure out who makes it.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
How about a silver/grey sand texture instead of white? I have a sample called "switch silver", but I haven't been able to figure out who makes it.
We will consider it, but our current priority is to manufacture Sentry cases for our supporters from the indiegogo campaign. Adding another color will make whole logistics more complex and at this point would delay the whole sending process. We do not want that. Maybe when everyone will get their Sentry cases, we will find some time to make some silver prototypes. Right now this is a melody of the future :)

marsavela

Case Bender
Feb 1, 2017
We will consider it, but our current priority is to manufacture Sentry cases for our supporters from the indiegogo campaign. Adding another color will make whole logistics more complex and at this point would delay the whole sending process. We do not want that. Maybe when everyone will get their Sentry cases, we will find some time to make some silver prototypes. Right now this is a melody of the future :)

But when are you going to release a Hyper Beast version?? Sick!!

Now to serious business. I've been thinking about getting the new Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI, but it seems to me that the USB3 socket will interfere with the Noctua cooler... What do you guys think?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
But when are you going to release a Hyper Beast version?? Sick!!

Now to serious business. I've been thinking about getting the new Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI, but it seems to me that the USB3 socket will interfere with the Noctua cooler... What do you guys think?

It will be tight, but it should fit.

Reactions: marsavela

Branch_bryce

Cable Smoosher
Jan 17, 2017
Quick question about some RGB strips, will magnetic strips stick to the inside of the sentry? or will only adhesive work?

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
Since the IGG campaign is now closed, any chance you will start accepting orders through your website soon?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Since the IGG campaign is now closed, any chance you will start accepting orders through your website soon?

Please define "soon" :D We will go into retail only when all packages will be sent to our backers. End of May is a possible date.

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
Please define "soon" :D We will go into retail only when all packages will be sent to our backers. End of May is a possible date.
Cool, by soon i meant within months, so that is good to hear. Will you be selling off your own site or through external retailers?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Cool, by soon i meant within months, so that is good to hear. Will you be selling off your own site or through external retailers?

We are talking with several retail companies, and some of them wants exclusive agreements for some regions. Maybe we won't be selling directly from our website, but just redirecting to the retailers sites. I can't say anything more right now, because we are not sure what will happen. We are concentrated on delivering Sentry units to the indiegogo supporters and this is our main target at the moment.

Last edited:

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
We just made an update through the indiegogo newsletter system, so i'm also posting it here:

It's time for the first update about current state
of Sentry manufacturing process.
After long wait, this week we received your contributions from Indiegogo. Immediately we started making orders for Sentry components. At this moment we ordered parts which need the most time to be manufactured and delivered:
- Steel body of Sentry,
- PCI-E riser,
- USB 3.0 extension cable.

Thanks to the bigger order, we could talk with our suppliers to make some improvements that contributors asked about:
- USB 3.0 cable will be manufactured in the black colour (previous one was blue), with only USB sockets in blue, which will make the cable less visible through the vents and hopefully will match aesthetic of other black cables inside your case.​

- Power button cables will be manufactured with additional cable sleeving. Also power and led connectors will have printed descriptions instead of paper labels.

During the waiting time for first parts to come, we are improving some other elements, which will be needed in the later production stage. For example, we have decided to switch the idea of using bubble wrap or packing peanuts to the newly designed transport foams. As you know, Sentry will be packed in the foil bag and its own carton box. We will put this whole box in the transport foam and this construction will be inserted in another, bigger transport box.​

We are thinking about making additional package protection against water and all kinds of moisture, but we will see if we will be able to get the special foiling machine on time. This is not a must, but we think, if there is a time and possibility to improve something, we can check it.

What is more, we designed the internal transportation process using euro paletes and cargo boxes, so we will be able to transport Sentry steel parts safely without harm from our manufacturer to our assembling facility.​

It looks like everything is going in the right direction. Even considering the long waiting time for the bank transfer from Indiegogo, we still think we will be able to start the shipment process in the April (so according to the plan).

Meanwhile, as many of you know, in Poland we had Intel Extreme Masters 2017 event. We were asked by Intel to send them some of our prototypes for their exhibition made in press showroom. Some of the photos can be found below:

We will try to make more frequent updates, so stay tuned.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Wow, impressive news ! The packaging seems to be very well done ! Congrats on the presence at the Intel event, that must have felt good having your cases sit alongside the Asus GR8 (?), able to play games just as easily as the "big boys" !

Rysen

Trash Compacter
Jan 13, 2017
We just made an update through the indiegogo newsletter system, so i'm also posting it here:

After long wait, this week we received your contributions from Indiegogo. Immediately we started making orders for Sentry components. At this moment we ordered parts which need the most time to be manufactured and delivered:
- Steel body of Sentry,
- PCI-E riser,

Thanks to the bigger order, we could talk with our suppliers to make some improvements that contributors asked about:
- USB 3.0 cable will be manufactured in the black colour (previous one was blue), with only USB sockets in blue, which will make the cable less visible through the vents and hopefully will match aesthetic of other black cables inside your case.​

- Power button cables will be manufactured with additional cable sleeving. Also power and led connectors will have printed descriptions instead of paper labels.

During the waiting time for first parts to come, we are improving some other elements, which will be needed in the later production stage. For example, we have decided to switch the idea of using bubble wrap or packing peanuts to the newly designed transport foams. As you know, Sentry will be packed in the foil bag and its own carton box. We will put this whole box in the transport foam and this construction will be inserted in another, bigger transport box.​

We are thinking about making additional package protection against water and all kinds of moisture, but we will see if we will be able to get the special foiling machine on time. This is not a must, but we think, if there is a time and possibility to improve something, we can check it.

What is more, we designed the internal transportation process using euro paletes and cargo boxes, so we will be able to transport Sentry steel parts safely without harm from our manufacturer to our assembling facility.​

It looks like everything is going in the right direction. Even considering the long waiting time for the bank transfer from Indiegogo, we still think we will be able to start the shipment process in the April (so according to the plan).

Meanwhile, as many of you know, in Poland we had Intel Extreme Masters 2017 event. We were asked by Intel to send them some of our prototypes for their exhibition made in press showroom. Some of the photos can be found below:

Can't wait to try my 1080ti and 7700k in the case.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017

- Steel body of Sentry,
- PCI-E riser,

Great news, it's been incredibly exciting seeing the progress on the Sentry. Great work.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZombiPL