Production Dr Zaber Sentry - Console-sized gaming PC case project

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Reserved

(in case the designers wish to take over the thread)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign starts in 16 hours 36 minutes! http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/

Edit: It's live!

Anyone else looking forward to this? Personally I like having taller CPU coolers than these console-style cases support but I think this is a really cool looking case (it looks like a Portal turret!).

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
I've been looking forward to this one particularly because of its shape and functionality. The DAN A4-SFX is about the same volume with similar hardware support, but the Sentry's slim shape is perfect for traveling with a backpack. I also appreciate the support for 47mm cpu coolers, which allows me to just use an Intel box cooler if I don't care about overclocking.

Their first production run will be limited to 100 (minimum amount bought for campaign success) to 1000 cases. Not sure how much traction they have right now, but judging from YouTube review videos and their site's unique visitors per month, maybe I've got to pledge early to secure my place ...

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Realistically I don't see them selling out, but the DAN A4-SFX smashed it's goal so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I'd get one if I had the money and hadn't literally bought two cases in the last month. I feel like they are the only ones on the market offering that type of steam box design right now with that feature set.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think I'd be a lot more interested in the case was Aluminium rather than Steel.

Reactions: ulhurusurf

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Most cases are Aluminum, so it's refreshing to see a Steel case outside thinwall stamped-sheeting bargain cases.
The Sentry and Dan A4, while having different form-factors, have very similar component support (low-profile PCU cooler, 2x/3x with caveats 2.5" drives, GPU with flex riser, etc). I can compare both and see which form factor I prefer.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Realistically I don't see them selling out, but the DAN A4-SFX smashed it's goal so it's better to be safe than sorry.

I agree, though considering it's 1000 cases for both white and black, I'm worried I wouldn't get the one I want (which right now with 5 hours left to the campaign I'm not sure what color that is).

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
And now it's been doubled. Congrats to Dr. Zaber. Really nice to see that much pent up demand for this case.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Contrary to what was initially reported, they have 1k for the first batch total and then there is an option to sign up for the black case after the first batch with 4k spots.

Don't know whether this non-exclusivity will hurt sales if you know you can always sign up for a later case up until the very end.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Article correction: the Node 202 is described as being 26L when it's only slightly above 10L.

Oops, I mistook the box dimensions for the case dimensions, fixed. Thanks for the correction!

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Hopefully will hit 500% tonight after all the North Americans start getting home from work.

Reactions: cmyk78

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Contrary to what was initially reported, they have 1k for the first batch total and then there is an option to sign up for the black case after the first batch with 4k spots.
IIRC their previous statement was that 100 cases was the minimum viable order, and 1000 would be the production cap. Looks like what they did was change that cap (no case orders after 1000) to a pre-order cutoff (your case arrives later after 1000).

Reactions: VegetableStu

Rusty McFot

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
Just signed up for a black one.

I want to make a low power HTPC. I think it'll be a great size to blend in with everything else.

I was tossing up between a NUC and this. At least I can squeeze better hardware inside. It'll give me some more options.