Production Dr Zaber Sentry - Console-sized gaming PC case project

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
The contrast of a black Sentry and its red vandal switch fits damn well with my overall black/red workspace, so I went with that one.

Reactions: Soul_Est

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I'm partial to the White Sentry.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Does anybody know whether the White Sentry will ever be produced again post-campaign? If it's going to be a rare item, I might just grab both right now ...

Andorski

Caliper Novice
Sep 10, 2016
Does anybody know whether the White Sentry will ever be produced again post-campaign? If it's going to be a rare item, I might just grab both right now ...
They just posted on their Hardforum thread that they are unsure if they will make more white Sentry case after their "first run" runs out. They told another user to treat it like a limited edition.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
They just posted on their Hardforum thread that they are unsure if they will make more white Sentry case after their "first run" runs out. They told another user to treat it like a limited edition.

Glad they posted this info after a bunch of people backed various cases already...

Reactions: danger

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Saw this on reddit.com/r/sffpc

The story thus far

Oh god the fucking imgur comments again.

But...these kinds of things have *been* a thing.
Yeah, exactly. Mini and Micro ITX form factor has been around for a while, not sure why people thought this was unique.
Very true. This seems like a QVC-tier cash grab for new PC users unfamiliar with the Micro ATX & Mini ITX market.

I don't know if the commenters are at fault for talking about something they have little knowledge about or SaperPLs fault for not immediately saying "THIS IS SMALLER THAN ANYTHING SIMILAR TO THIS, DO YOU HEAR? OTHER PRODUCTS LIKE THIS EXIST BUT THEY ARE LARGER!".

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Oh god the fucking imgur comments again.

I don't know if the commenters are at fault for talking about something they have little knowledge about or SaperPLs fault for not immediately saying "THIS IS SMALLER THAN ANYTHING SIMILAR TO THIS, DO YOU HEAR? OTHER PRODUCTS LIKE THIS EXIST BUT THEY ARE LARGER!".

We tried to make this story as accurate as it is possible, because it is a community design and we know people like/need transparency in similar projects. Because of that there is no way we can please everybody. This story on imgur was read almost 150 000 times in just 24 hours, so there will always be some people who don't like or won't understand what we are making here, in a SFF community. They maybe will change their minds when more and more people will get Sentry in their hands and they will start making their own reviews. Then they will understand that this isn't only a small box, but also it's a product which wasn't made according to "product aging policy". Don't bother those comments mate. After 2 years we are used to them :)

p.s. "Aibohphobia" reminded me about this forum few days ago :). I will try to write here more frequently.

Last edited:

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I'd say the Node 202 and the S4 mini are "similar". It has the same basic layout to the Node 202 but smaller, but not as small as the S4 mini because it supports an internal psu instead of an exterior power brick. I mean it fills a niche, and it is attractive. If there was one thing i didn't really like about the Node 202 it was how plastic-y it looks, and i know many people feel an external power brick is a non starter.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
A lot of you got shout outs on the indiegogo campaign page (at the very bottom):

Aibohphobia, andgo, Andorski, AstroWan, backfeed, Barbarian_PT, Beeeyeee, Canyouseeitnow, ChronoDog, chx, CknSalad, Corruptedfile, Corumno, Curiositie, @danger, Dangman, darksable, DG25, @dondan, DontPeek, edward78, @EdZ, Ej24, elshekar, energizerfellow, esplin2966, FiDDy, geostation, hooplish, @iFreilicht, @jtd871, LLOYD-AF, Machupo, mapegl, @Necere, niksus, niksus, NIVO, octagoncow, pendragon1, pheuno, @Phuncz, @QinX, qwerkus, rawrr, RosaJ, Screes, Silentbob343, @Stevo_, superblockio, TheFragile, timmay, Urulere, USF-Nealio, Vego17, veryrarium, vipz, WiSK, Wizzard, yolostrats, yyv_146

Last edited:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Well, a lot of people might be thinking of the RVZ01 or RVZ02 when saying "cases like this already exist" but those are at least double in volume as the Sentry. Plus they have front bezels that aren't to everyone's liking.

Not that you would but you can probably hit the front of a Sentry with a hammer and not make much of a dent, but plastic bezels look cheap to some people who prefer a more rugged, industrial look.