Production Dr Zaber Sentry - Console-sized gaming PC case project

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
How to buy a sentry?
I subscribed their website but nothing happened.

We still didn't finish sending cases from the crowdfunding campaign. When all backers will receive them and when we will gather all the feedback we received during last few months, then we will be able to talk about our next steps. I know that many people would like us to just start retail sales with Sentry in the shape we have today, but we have to be sure if we did everything right or if we should improve something. We're not a pc hardware company, so selling a case without improvements just because it is popular right now is not our maing goal. We prefer to make a good product, so when we have information that we can improve it, then we think we should try to do it.

Now we're waiting when our supporters will receive their cases. After that we will be able to tell you something more about future sales (will send a newsletter through our mailing system).

FISCHER707

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2017
We still didn't finish sending cases from the crowdfunding campaign. When all backers will receive them and when we will gather all the feedback we received during last few months, then we will be able to talk about our next steps. I know that many people would like us to just start retail sales with Sentry in the shape we have today, but we have to be sure if we did everything right or if we should improve something. We're not a pc hardware company, so selling a case without improvements just because it is popular right now is not our maing goal. We prefer to make a good product, so when we have information that we can improve it, then we think we should try to do it.

Now we're waiting when our supporters will receive their cases. After that we will be able to tell you something more about future sales (will send a newsletter through our mailing system).

bradgy

Case Bender
New User
Aug 18, 2017
Wondering, has anyone squeezed an MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB into a Sentry?

The GPU compatibility list doesn't list it, but 10X0 series Gaming GPUs are listed as incompatible.

However the 970's official dimension specs suggest it would fit, as long as the "possible oversize area" space seen in the diagram on the Sentry homepage is usable.

Reactions: Biowarejak

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Wondering, has anyone squeezed an MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB into a Sentry?

The GPU compatibility list doesn't list it, but 10X0 series Gaming GPUs are listed as incompatible.

However the 970's official dimension specs suggest it would fit, as long as the "possible oversize area" space seen in the diagram on the Sentry homepage is usable.

This gpu is too big for Sentry.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016

Sentry manufacturing process - weekly update

This week everything went according to the plan. All cases were packed into transport boxes and currently we are preparing them for sending (stretch foil wrapping and customs/shipping paperwork).

The packaging process didn't change much through those 7 shipments, and nothing exploded or was made differently, so another photo of towers made with identicaly looking boxes won't be so "exciting"... but let's just pretend :)

Like we promised in our last update, we gathered some photos which our backers published in many different places (forums, online galleries, twitter, articles, sent via emails, etc.) in the last 3 weeks, and we are posting them below. There will be probably one more, last update where we will insert photos from our supporters, so you still have a chance to show everybody how well you organized your PC inside your Sentry. We are also thinking about adding to our website an online gallery which will be made only with photos made by our backers. Not tomorrow or next week, but in a near future.

Filo99

Efficiency Noob
Aug 28, 2017
someone ha tried to fit the nh-l9a/i with the nf-a9, so the total cpu cooler height is 48mm?
does it fit in sentry case?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016

Finally paperwork for the biggest(!) and also the last, 7th shipment is finished and the packages are ready for transport. In the next few days we will send you your tracking numbers (when they will be activated).

As you know, we are getting to the end of this campaign. Despite this, we are still asking you for your feedback. We are gathering all of your thoughts about possible improvements and we will use them to improve our design in the future. Thanks :)

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
Great to hear!
Just, plz, be kind to us mortals who arrived late to the party... I would love to buy a Sentry as soon as possible. x)
Keep up the good work, mates! And keep us informed, plz!

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016

7th and the last transport sent. It wasn't easy but we finally made it. Everyone should already received their tracking numbers from our shipping company, and for packages for non-european countries we sent additional email (just in case).

We just finished sending main transports to our backers, but it doesn't mean this is end of our work. Many people are still waiting for their cases from previous shipments, so we have to keep tracking those packages to check if everything ended well. What is more, some packages were damaged during the transport and some never reached their destination. We are still helping to solve such problems and we hope in few weeks everyone will get their Sentry.

This is almost the end of this campaign. We know that many of you still have a lot of questions about our next moves, so there will be one more weekly update (next weekend) in which we will try to give you some answers.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
when it will be available again to buy it, the web is sold out, an approximate date?

We have to wait for everyone from indiegogo campaign to receive their Sentry. When those cases will be delivered, then we will wait 2-3 weeks to gather all the feedback we already did and will receive, and then we will make a decision what to do next. It means, for sure we won't start next sales in the next 2 or 3 months. We know we should make some improvements in the dimension tolerances for some components from different PC parts manufacturers, but we need to give everyone a chance to send us their thoughts about possible improvements. It takes time.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
my order has finally been listed as fulfilled! its such a shame we cant get it any faster in the states, i would have payed extra to have it sent by air, but hey, perhaps it isn't so bad. by the time it arrives, the new coffee lake processors might have come out and i can put in an even better system!

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
my order has finally been listed as fulfilled! its such a shame we cant get it any faster in the states, i would have payed extra to have it sent by air

Probably you would, but most people wouldn't. Also many asked us why the transport is so expensive, until we gave them the dimensions of the package and the best prices they found were 3-5 times higher. What is more, if we could, we would add an option with other transport companies, but indiegogo system didn't allow us to do it. Next time we will solve the problem in other way and with different transport company.

Last edited: