GPU Does anyone know anything about this GPU cooler?

chingi5

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
So recently I was browsing the local parts shop and found a used mini itx chassis (Foxconn RS-233 to be exact)

I was very surprised because the price was 6(!) dollars. I rushed and bought it because of the price and then I was even more surprised because it came with a 250w tfx PSU that was in working order but I will probably replace that with a Seasonic ss300tfx unit because I don't really trust that FSP unit to power my 750 ti

That case supports mini itx mobos and only single slot half height GPUs. I have an MSI 750 ti low profile which is dual slot so I was wondering how to fit that GPU inside the case. After browsing again I found a Deepcool v50 single slot cooler

so I was wondering if that cooler would fit on the 750 ti and if so will it be able to cool it sufficiently.
If not, is there any way I can fit the card inside the case and cool it properly?
Possibly some modding if that's not too hard.
Thanks in advance for any help and excuse my English please, it's not my native language.

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
Looks like a 10W cooler, maybe less... I'm assuming 50mm fan, right?
Your 750ti would hit thermal capacity without even gaming, I'd think.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Most modern Nvidia low profile coolers have a pretty awkward mounting hole pattern. It's something like 43mm x 21.5mm. I don't think there's aftermarket coolers that have that pattern.

Best chance would be to search for an old low profile Quardo card with the same hole pattern. They're not quiet though, but then again, nothing's quiet if you have to cool 75w in a single slot LP card.

chingi5

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Most modern Nvidia low profile coolers have a pretty awkward mounting hole pattern. It's something like 43mm x 21.5mm. I don't think there's aftermarket coolers that have that pattern.

Best chance would be to search for an old low profile Quardo card with the same hole pattern. They're not quiet though, but then again, nothing's quiet if you have to cool 75w in a single slot LP card.
Well, my hopes for this 5 bucks case were too high I guess. It's not meant for my use. Thanks anyways.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
For the 750ti, look for coolers compatible with the Nvidia 6600. Iirc they share a mounting Patten.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Are you talking about the 750Ti LP? The 6600 you mentioned uses 80mm mounting holes, the 750Ti (non LP) uses 43mmx43mm.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-Club-G...eo-Card-Cooler-Cooling-Fan-80mm-/171745746659
Maybe I was thinking of 6xxx radeon cards or something, it's been a while once I was looking into this.(about 2 years)
I remember looking really hard to find an alpenfohn Peter ii since it was one of the few coolers that would fit the 750ti and was substantial.

I think Tom's hardware swapped the cooler on a 750ti for one from an AMD gpu at one point.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: Ceros_X

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
I think I linked to both of those in my thread (linked a few pages above). The multi-GPU you posted above was pretty interesting, though!
So you did!
I'm guilty of not noticing, I probably should have read more of the threads before posting aha.
Maybe this is a lesson in not browsing the forums while I work! XD