Cooling Most powerful single slot GPU cooler?

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Hello all! I've been trying to retrofit another cooler onto my ELSA 1050 Ti SP since it's a bit too long for my case, but I've been running into some slight issues. Namely, is that I've found this as a potential solution, however, it does require me to relocate one capacitor and it only has a 2 pin fan that is quite loud.

Does anyone else have recommendations for some really strong GPU coolers that I could use with my 1050 ti? Only requirements are that it be single slot, not be too long, cool very well, and be reasonably quiet.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Are you strictly limited to a single slot cooler or do you have a little more room heigth-wise ?

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Are you proficient in PCB soldering?

Yes, it isn't that challenging as well. It's simply a singular through hole capacitor. The hardest part is honestly finding the spec of the capacitor. I think this is identical to it, but maybe you can find something better. There's a picture of the PCB below. My GPU uses differently labeled ones, but the PCBs look identical. The cap that's causing the issues is C112 (next to memory M1).

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Are you strictly limited to a single slot cooler or do you have a little more room heigth-wise ?
I have more room above the bracket, but it has to be as slim as 1 slot in profile. I have a bit of length off the PCB, maybe an inch or two.