News "DNK|PRIME. Sophisticated beauty in Mini-ITX Design"

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Apr 18, 2017
what psu cooler would you pair with it?

If I had the case today, I would use the i7-6700K and ASUS Z170I from this project case"

and play around with coolers and PSUs. Computer projects being my hobby, I have three or four CPU coolers that would probably fit and I have several SFF PSUs to choose from including the HDPLEX 300 which I swapped out of my S4 in favor of the new HDPLEX 400.

However I am toying with the idea of building a Ryzen 7 1700 Mini-ITX system to cut my teeth on macOS ( OSX) Sierra or High Sierra. Those parts may populate the new case.

So the real answer is I don't know and I pre-ordered because LUNA Design did a excellent job on the "DNK -H| Thin Mini-ITX PC case", and this one appears to be just as well done so I should own one.

Neil

Reactions: matt3o and Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
If you are going Hackintosh, then you would want an AMD GPU, for that OpenCL action...

And we know macOS will support Vega...

Reactions: Soul_Est

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
I know Neilhart, well. I preordered this case the day the emails came out. My order was canceled and my money returned. I believe Luna owner was trying to get Kickstarter money for first run to start production in China at DNK. He stated to me in an email, project was not dead, just on hold, but that was some time ago, and per-ordering options have been removed from his site. I have built 3 machines using the other smaller case and I still have one in my possession with the Champagne gold cnc version. It is dual boot Mac and Win10, SSD and Msata. This, the Prime, would have given me much more latitude with a newer board that I have that has M.2 2280. I have a small HDplex case that I have not had time to build in yet but their technology and quality is a notch above most others. Still the design of Prime is still intriguing. https://www.hdplex.com/

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
Isn't the GPU very short? 2 slots. Up to 180 x 131mm -- isn't most ITX cards 185mm?
The length of GPU considered from the beginning of PCB to the end of Cooling system (except I/O connectors). So, all ITX GPUs are compatible. For example, Gigabyte ITX series graphics cards have the length 175mm.
November 2018 update is here. It's finally done!

Reactions: kotproger