Prototype Rocket Laika -- a 13.7L vertical ITX case designed to look good on your desk (updated 11/21)

RocketMan

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 18, 2020
I really like the design and prototype - agree the logo on top might be a bit much but - did you decide if you'll add GPU perforation or not?
I still need to do thermal testing with the full acrylic but sourcing that piece might take some time. In the meantime I can 3D print the GPU side for fun and see how it looks.

V3 coming soon, but to hold your over feel free to admire the best boy with the case ;)

darksable

Chassis Packer
Jun 3, 2017
Hey there, the design of this case is super cool!

I definitely like the looks of the one-bend version better... But honestly, I probably wouldn't purchase one of these with the acrylic. I'd really love to see a version with more traditional metal panels (preferably vented and filtered).

Silence and airflow take priority long before aesthetics, for me... And I actually prefer the more monolithic aesthetics anyhow. :)

Reactions: Jello

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Super nice looking, it definitely accomplishes the stated goal
I wonder though, how much breathing room is left for the graphics card? Now the fan on top is kind of benefitting the CPU mostly.

RocketMan

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 18, 2020
Hey everyone, it's been a while since the last update. Prototype V3 is basically done, all that's left is to get the acrylic panel and do some thermal testing. And after that it's manufacturing time (hopefully!) Enjoy the new pics ?

Last edited:

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
gotta love a vertical sandwich !

beautiful & solid base, eager to see how it looks with different metal / acrylic panels.

thoughts : it would be great to be able to either watercool the cpu or the gpu (acrylic for this side, and perforated for the oppisite).

small concerns : psu + exhaust fan, one acrylic panel will mostly show cables.

RocketMan

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 18, 2020
gotta love a vertical sandwich !

beautiful & solid base, eager to see how it looks with different metal / acrylic panels.

thoughts : it would be great to be able to either watercool the cpu or the gpu (acrylic for this side, and perforated for the oppisite).

small concerns : psu + exhaust fan, one acrylic panel will mostly show cables.
The CPU is already watercooled and I can actually squeeze in a 120mm rad with a slim fan in the rear panel, though I would need to do a full build to determine feasibility with cables. I have never done a custom loop before, so I'm approaching that cautiously but doing my homework to optimize for that possibility. I can't guarantee that right now though so I don't advertise the case as such, but I know a creative case modder can fit a full loop in one of these with little issue ?