Desktop DAC + USB hub to replace front panel (?)

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 28, 2018
Does such a thing exist?

Would be nice to not have to worry about front panel audio and usb when working with a custom (scratch) build and just have a power button. Most commercially available front panel assemblies look pretty bad especially when put in a custom case.

Germanese

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2017
I think he wants the DAC to have some USB ports.
I have only came across 1 so far 3.5mm DAC but it was inferior and it is discontinued i think.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
XD I guess I really didn't get what (s)he wants. I thought it was an alternative to after market front audio + USB PCBs, hence why I suggested using a motherboard USB header to connector a USB DAC PCB and a USB hub PCB.

Well, if it is power button only and use desktop DAC + USB hub to provide what's missing .... I do that on a daily basis XD

Germanese

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2017
If you wanna talk to Burson Amp they are on a new rotation on new version for 2019.
They are very open to suggestions, on improving their 5.25" Version Audio Play.

I myself am looking for a 3.5" Dac Amp with OP Amp Swap ability

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 28, 2018
XD I guess I really didn't get what (s)he wants. I thought it was an alternative to after market front audio + USB PCBs, hence why I suggested using a motherboard USB header to connector a USB DAC PCB and a USB hub PCB.

Well, if it is power button only and use desktop DAC + USB hub to provide what's missing .... I do that on a daily basis XD

Yeah maybe I wasn't clear, I'm looking for one hub that replaces the front panel with usb and audio but all I could find are separate units.

USB hubs also pretty much only have one usb input (connecting to the pc) which is suboptimal performance wise compared to a front panel that connects directly to the internal motherboard usb header.

Edit: Just to be clear, I meant as a separate desktop hub instead of integrated into the case

Last edited: