Part Dan Case A4-SFX V4 front panel usb c cable replacement?

Valkhi

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 26, 2022
Hey everyone! I have never used the front panel usb c port on my Dan Case A4-SFX V4. Now that I upgraded the motherboard and CPU, I thought why not charge my phone with it, but the port doesn't seem to work. I assume that the cable is faulty so I am trying to find a replacement part, however it has a special end for the usb c female connector and I can't seem to find anything like it. Does anyone know if it has a special name or where/how I could find a replacement cable for the case? I would greatly appriciate every bit of help~ Thank You! :)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm unsure what it's called, but it's commonly refered to as "USB 3.1 gen 2 internal" or "USB 3.2 internal" depending on what silly name the USB consortium gave it the last time. I also see it refered as "USB 3.2 Type E" but the search engines are coming up short on that.

Valkhi

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 26, 2022
I'm unsure what it's called, but it's commonly refered to as "USB 3.1 gen 2 internal" or "USB 3.2 internal" depending on what silly name the USB consortium gave it the last time. I also see it refered as "USB 3.2 Type E" but the search engines are coming up short on that.
Hei Puncz! Thank You so much for replying. Using the search terms above, I still am unable to find a cable with a USB C connector like this:
Should've included an image in the original post.

That special connector is the issue, cause the Dan Case A4-SFX V4 has a specific way of attaching it to the case.

Have You seen cables like these somewhere?

Reactions: Phuncz

Valkhi

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 26, 2022
Thank You so much for the replies everyone! I sent Dan a poke regarding the issue. :) I hope he can help me~

Reactions: rfarmer

Raheen

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 12, 2018
Recently acquired another DAN A4 case, this one is a Version 2 (my first one is a version 3) trying to use the Asetek AIO with the V2 however the USB cable in the V2 isnt offset, does anyone know where I can pick up a V3 USB cable to retro fit a V2?