Enclosure Front IO panels

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
What front IO panel setups are you all using for your builds? Looking for something that isn't an external bay replacement - panel mountable, USB 3.0 ports with mobo headers, audio connections, and possibly a slot for a vandal power button slot (of either size).

I've been looking at a few choices but if you guys have anything you'd recommend I'd like to see it.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Panel mount is hard to find, more common is USB 3.0 upgrade kits with the connectors mounted to a PCB. I believe there are a few SilverStone kits on eBay.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
In terms of USB, I've found these in the past which are quite interesting. The USB3.0 version doesn't seem to be available with an internal header, though. :/

The most flexible solution in my eyes is this one.

Audio seems to be quite hard to find, there are some panel mount cables for that, but they only have a 3.5mm connector on the other side, so you'd have to run them out of your case and plug them into the back of the mainboard.

veryrarium

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 6, 2015
I know this is a general discussion not limited to Cerberus, but if the front USB3.0/audio cables are to be left out from Cerberus I guess I'll buy one of those USB3.0 upgrade kits by Silverstone, Fractal Design, NZXT or Lian Li and figure out a way to mount the connectors to the case after separating the connectors and rearranging them to fit into the holes.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
In terms of USB, I've found these in the past which are quite interesting. The USB3.0 version doesn't seem to be available with an internal header, though. :/

I liked the look of their snap in cable connectors, but the link to their USB page is broken (I emailed them with a note and they said they would fix it "in a few days" - whut) and unfortunately they don't offer any USB 3.0 snap in connectors or I'd be all over it.. they still have a few useful things, though.

Edit: Cheapest shipping for 2 cables is $9.95 via FedEx. Gonna look for similar stuff on Amazon.

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
but the link to their USB page is broken (I emailed them with a note and they said they would fix it "in a few days" - whut)

Edit: Cheapest shipping for 2 cables is $9.95 via FedEx. Gonna look for similar stuff on Amazon.

Are you talking about this link or this one? You can't click the name of the product on their site, you have to click the model number behind the length. Pretty sure they could make snap-in USB3.0, but that's only feasible if you plan on selling a whole bunch of them.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Are you talking about this link or this one? You can't click the name of the product on their site, you have to click the model number behind the length. Pretty sure they could make snap-in USB3.0, but that's only feasible if you plan on selling a whole bunch of them.

The USB Port Cables link from the Panel Mount cables main page. It links to https://www.ocp.com/www./ocp.com/usb-port-cables-2/ which is an obviously broken link.

The clicking on the model number thing was a little confusing (who makes links the exact same color/style as text) but I figured that part out.

I'm sure they could make it, just frustrating that they don't. Oh well.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
No one mentioned the Corsair ones yet. It's a hidden trove for I/O panels to me. They make many spare replacements for their cases.

Go on their parts and accessories page and look through different I/O panels for one with a layout that closely matches the one you want. They have a different combination of USB and audio inputs with different placements. About the only thing you'd need is a power button since they don't use the anti-vandal switches.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Nice resource, all their stuff is pretty reasonably priced (don't know shipping rates) - I just wish Corsair would put the specs of the I/O panel on the website.. i.e. 3x USB 3.0, 2x activity LEDs, and 1 mic/headphone jack.

Also I really hate the naming convention they use for their cases with the 100, 250, 300, etc. Turns me off every time I start looking them over.

@Corsair Johan