Deng F15 build log

Cabrithese

Case Bender
Oct 5, 2019
So, 250 quid does not include the tax and import duty? The final total will be quite a lot.
Even the watercooling option costs 1599 RMB only, which is about 181 quid.
Anyway...

If you are planning an air-cooling-only build, then the extra width (15mm) will allow a Noctua NH-U12A to live inside.
Mine allows 150mm max tall cooler only.
What kind of benefits for the increase of height, I wonder? Perhaps, to allow a thick radiator+fans at bottom or top? And, to allow dual 80mm rear fans (vs current's single 92mm fan)?

Regarding the aesthetic, it is highly subjective. So, is it this one?

That's the one. I find the square holes to be really out of place. Not an absolute disaster as I do like the power button on top but I does put me off.

It costs 560 RMB for delivery :)) it is massive but I'm kind of being used to it.

I'd like to put a 240 radiator in it. It's a workstation so cpu is more important and I do think I can fit most things with good temp even with the F12. However, the F15's height and width are almost identical to my speakers. They will fit well with each others.

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
This case looks gorgeous! I'm looking at shipping one to New Zealand but I can't decide on what version to go for.
Being that I would also go for the air cooled version, what made you decide on getting the F15 over the F12?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I prefer the slightly bigger dimensions of the F15. Lengthwise, they are the same. But F15 is 16mm wider and 17mm taller. (That is when I made the order. It seems that F15 will slightly increase in size (in width and in height only?))

Wider and taller means:-
1. F15 allows 150mm tall CPU cooler (vs 135mm for the F12). This might not be too critical as, at the moment, it seems Thermalright Silver Arrow SA130 (130-132mm tall) is probably the best available that can fit in.
2. F15 can fit dual 140x25 fans at bottom (vs 120x15 for F12 if using a 2-slot card). This is a big difference.
3. F15 can fit max 3-slot GPU (vs 2-slot GPU for F12). Big difference.
4. F15 can fit 92mm rear fan (vs 80mm for F12).

As I plan to use a higher end CPU (ie an 9900K equivalent when I build the system next summer, which will be all air-cooled) and a higher end GPU (which likely to be 2.x slot as most higher end cards are these days), F15 just provides better cooling over F12.

Reactions: arka

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
I prefer the slightly bigger dimensions of the F15. Lengthwise, they are the same. But F15 is 16mm wider and 17mm taller. (That is when I made the order. It seems that F15 will slightly increase in size (in width and in height only?))

Wider and taller means:-
1. F15 allows 150mm tall CPU cooler (vs 135mm for the F12). This might not be too critical as, at the moment, it seems Thermalright Silver Arrow SA130 (130-132mm tall) is probably the best available that can fit in.
2. F15 can fit dual 140x25 fans at bottom (vs 120x15 for F12 if using a 2-slot card). This is a big difference.
3. F15 can fit max 3-slot GPU (vs 2-slot GPU for F12). Big difference.
4. F15 can fit 92mm rear fan (vs 80mm for F12).

As I plan to use a higher end CPU (ie an 9900K equivalent when I build the system next summer, which will be all air-cooled) and a higher end GPU (which likely to be 2.x slot as most higher end cards are these days), F15 just provides better cooling over F12.

At its current size, I think the F15 is the right option for me. I will be using a R5 3600 but eventually looking to upgrade to a 3900X or better. As it can fit dual 140mms and has potential to fit a 3 slot gpu this will hopefully future proof the case and mean that I won't have to look at replacing it with one that can accomidate newer components. I want this to be my endgame itx considering its price so thinking ahead doesn't hurt. Plus its not like its even too much bigger than the F12.

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
Im planning to buy this case within this week. Have managed to navigate through Taobao and contacted the seller directly through the app. He(she) speaks English well and we are approaching to the postage arrangement.

The only draw back in my opinion is the vent cutout for my batch. The top panel has square holes. (I can't attach image for some reasons). And I hate square. I asked if they can make a custom panel but it can be quite a hassle. I find the f12 cutouts and power button placement are perfect but it's abit too small for my specific purpose.

Also, the next batch (actually the current one) was said to increase in size (width and height). From 332×183×267 to 332mm×198mm×307mm, which is a shame in my opinion.

How did you contact the seller and what app did you use?

I also want to get the same case as op without the square vents while keeping the same dimensions.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
At its current size, I think the F15 is the right option for me. I will be using a R5 3600 but eventually looking to upgrade to a 3900X or better. As it can fit dual 140mms and has potential to fit a 3 slot gpu this will hopefully future proof the case and mean that I won't have to look at replacing it with one that can accomidate newer components. I want this to be my endgame itx considering its price so thinking ahead doesn't hurt. Plus its not like its even too much bigger than the F12.
Even if you plan for an air-cooled system, I suggest you to consider the water cooling version unless, of course, you absolutely prefer to have a transparent side panel (acrylic default and tempered glass optional) for the see-through effect.
The reason is, I think, the additional vent holes on the side panel might even further enhance the cooling capability of the case. The additional cost is minimal too.

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
Even if you plan for an air-cooled system, I suggest you to consider the water cooling version unless, of course, you absolutely prefer to have a transparent side panel (acrylic default and tempered glass optional) for the see-through effect.
The reason is, I think, the additional vent holes on the side panel might even further enhance the cooling capability of the case. The additional cost is minimal too.

I like the style of this case with the transparent side to the point that I can live with sacrificing some potential cooling I would be missing out on compared to the water-cooled version. Looking to get the semi-transparent tempered glass option. I would like to inquire with the seller about purchasing both panels, however.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I like the style of this case with the transparent side to the point that I can live with sacrificing some potential cooling I would be missing out on compared to the water-cooled version. Looking to get the semi-transparent tempered glass option. I would like to inquire with the seller about purchasing both panels, however.
Good! Keep me/us posted about your progress.

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Hey, i love this case, its by far, the most gorgeous case i ve seen
I have contacted directly seller: awesome, he is very kind and speak/write perfect english (better than mine lol)
I having several questions and similar to these already posted
F15 is no longer available, instead of, seller has switched to F15 Pro which is bigger (332mmx207mmx297mm)
F12 is smaller, really love the size but F15 Pro provides more options
- 165mm air cooler
- SFX/SFX-L/ATX (need fifted bracket)
- GPU length up to 320 mm
- Case Fans up to 14 cm
- mATX board

I m not really a power user who targets powerful setup, i dont even overclock at all
I have planned this kind of setup: Ryzen 5 3600/3700x + Super 2070 (expecting Next Ampere RTX) + SSD + 16 GB of ram

I think F12 may fit to my needs? (F15 Pro is also more expensive)

Thanks

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
After about 3 months, a little progress happens today as I receive a Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 (Plus version). I ordered it from the Thermalright shop in Taobao for RMB 459. I also bought an extra pair of fan clips for standard 120mm fans just in case I want to try dual fans on the heatsink to improve cooling.

Next item to acquire for this build might be the PSU. It will be either the Corsair SF750 or SF600. As the price difference between them is not big, I incline to get the SF750. Maybe this is the reason why local stores do not seem to have a stock of the SF600 Platinum as people are more interested in the SF750?

Some pics of the TR SA130.

Reactions: Kooki

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Next item to acquire for this build might be the PSU. It will be either the Corsair SF750 or SF600. As the price difference between them is not big, I incline to get the SF750. Maybe this is the reason why local stores do not seem to have a stock of the SF600 Platinum as people are more interested in the SF750?

Depending on the noise of your other components, this should be taken into account:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-sf750-psu,5979-5.html
The SF750 features a quiet overall operation, but as expected the SF600 Platinum is even quieter.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
just noticed that theres a F15 thread here so i figured ill chime in on the whole ordering and building experience since i built mine almost 7 months ago.

ordering:
first of all, the seller speaks english and seems to be honest and genuine (emphasis on the word seems). when i placed my order for the case, i paid RMB 1599 for the case in silver with solid panels and another set of semi transparent acrylic panels. up to this point, he was being honest and transparent, that is, until i have made the full payment on TaoBao. i have explicitly told the seller to send me pictures of the case showing any manufacturing defects or dents before it is being shipped to me so that i know if there are any marring on the outer surface that is beyond acceptable. he told me via wechat that there were no defects or dents, apart from two marks that are too fine to be seen even close up. however upon delivery, that was not true as there were numerous scratches and dents on the front, rear, top, bottom and side panel as well as anodizing imperfections on the top panel, resulting in a slight colour difference. there were also holes that were drilled wrongly and there were an attempt to cover the holes with the power supply bracket, however, half of the hole is still visible.

build:
i have a 9900k and a rog 2080ti strix in the system with a nh-u9s and sf600, 6tb WD 3.5in drive. cable management is fine as long as you spend a lot of time zip tying everything. the 2.5in hdd mounts behind the front panel are useless if you choose to use a 3.5in hdd mounted on the psu bracket. thermals is not great and it is bloody loud since you really have to push air into the case. 9900k undervolted to 4.3ghz all cores during gaming hits around 75c with the 2080ti strix at around 70c. note that i have 2 noctua ppc fans as intake from the bottom at around 1900rpm during gaming.

what i would say is that unless you're comfortable spending this amount of money on a product with scratches and dents, then you do you. but the thermals and noise is not worth it. youre only buying aluminium panels and not a perfect one too.

iirc scythe mugen 5 rev b is the biggest cpu cooler you can fit.

tldr: ncase m1 is better. this was a disappointing and worthlessly expensive case for me.
Sorry that your experience was not that positive. Mine ordering went smoothly though.

I will build this system with a higher end CPU and GPU too. I am planning for a i9 10900K or i7 10700K. Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B is 154.5mm tall and would not fit inside a F15 whose limit is 150mm. I have a Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 with 6x6mm heatpipes and it should be the most powerful tower cooler that can fit in. GPU wise, I am planning for the upcoming Ampere RTX 3070 or 3080. Will build when all these new hardware come out around summer time.

BTW, F15 has been discontinued and is replaced by F15 Pro, which can fit a Noctua NH-U12A, which is one of the most capable cooler out there now. F15 Pro is slightly bigger though.

Lastly, mind posting some pics of your F15? Afterall, 'pics or it didn't happen' is the motto. :-)

Last edited:

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Depending on the noise of your other components, this should be taken into account:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-sf750-psu,5979-5.html
that noise graph is pretty dumb. it's the average noise over the psu's entire operating range, so the 750 being louder than the 600 is because the sf750 operates in the 600-750W range (and thus has a faster spinning fan) while the sf600 can't. if you were to compare the average noise of both units between 0-600W operation, the sf750 will probably be quieter. corsair states (and cybenetics labs agrees) that the sf750's fan start is ~100W later, and the sf750's fan spins about one 'step' slower (~200-300rpm) than the sf600 through 600W. so depending on your total system power draw, the sf600/sf750 might make similar noise (low loads), the sf750 will be quieter than the sf600 (~230-600W loads), or the sf750 will be louder because it still works (<600W loads)

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
you're wrong. the f15 specs states a 150mm limit, but if you measure it, as i have, you get around 156-159mm..... im just trying to share my experience with taobao sellers and cases since the communiy seem to have a misconception that cnc machined cases are far more superior than those that aren't and overlook many of the details which makes up for a good case, and turning a blind eye so long as it's "cnc'ed"....edit: will post pics of what i have soon

Interesting. When I first received my F15, I did measure the CPU cooler clearance and found the absolute height to be around 152mm. The stated spec of 150mm limit is just about right. Maybe your F15 is different from mine? As each batch of production has slight variations/improvements (Most obvious being the vent hole pattern. Also, mine does not have the 2.5'' HDD mount behind the front panel), maybe yours belongs to an earlier batch while mine is of a latter iteration? Anyway, I have already bought a TR SA130. Now that I have a cooler, maybe I will remeasure the clearance again with it.

And, I wish to keep this thread to be F15 case specific and so I will not comment on the generality of Taobao sellers and cases as well as whether the community here is misconceived about CNC or not. Better start another thread on this topic.

Look forward to your pics.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
that noise graph is pretty dumb. it's the average noise over the psu's entire operating range, so the 750 being louder than the 600 is because the sf750 operates in the 600-750W range (and thus has a faster spinning fan) while the sf600 can't. if you were to compare the average noise of both units between 0-600W operation, the sf750 will probably be quieter. corsair states (and cybenetics labs agrees) that the sf750's fan start is ~100W later, and the sf750's fan spins about one 'step' slower (~200-300rpm) than the sf600 through 600W. so depending on your total system power draw, the sf600/sf750 might make similar noise (low loads), the sf750 will be quieter than the sf600 (~230-600W loads), or the sf750 will be louder because it still works (<600W loads)
Good comment.

It is not just Tom's but Techpowerup also averages the fan noise for the entire operation range of a PSU.
Well, let's take a big step back and use the result of this method. SF750 is 25dBA and SF600 is 21dBA. SF600 is, of course, more quiet. But, even 25dBA is not noisy at all. Anything under 25-30dBA is often labelled as 'whisper'. So, it is a comparison of 'quiet vs more quiet' rather than 'noisy vs quiet'.

Highest PSU loading comes when I game. But with speakers on and my focus at the game, I would not hear a noise.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Now I know you have not read this thread. If you have, you would have known what I dislike about the F15. Come on, it is only 2 pages long. I have not built in it yet and so there might be more dislikes coming. But to recap for you, I dislike the just-barely-enough number of screws. Given the price of the case, the seller should have included an abundance supply of all types of screws. The lack of an assembly manual is also a negative.

I like to do extensive research before buying hardwares. This almost often eliminates any aggravation during the building stage.

Ganelon

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2017
I didn't know you could still get the Silver Arrow anywhere. I've always loved the look of that cooler.