DENG F12 BUILD

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Hi everyone,
Wanted to build my very first PC. Looked through hundreds of cases.

What I wanted in a sentence - Aircooled Mini ITX build with Thunderbolt with upgradability for watercooled and better graphics card.

What that meant:
Frankenstein Motherboard: Asrock X570 mini ITX/TB3.
Case length of at least 300mm.
AIO bracket
CPU cooler height of 130mm.

Because of this motherboard, I had a hard time with the coolers that fitted. It uses intel mounting as well. I settled on NH-U9S which meant a Cooler height of about 130mm.
I also did not want a sandwich style design of a case because the M.2 slot is on the back of the motherboard since it will get hot.
Also had to take note that only M.2 NVME is supported not SATA.

I think that the best cases to me that could have upgradability and versatility to my requirements:

1. NCASE M1 v 6
2. DENG 12
3. C26

I reached the decision for the DENG 12 because:
1. NCASE M1 was not readily available
2. build quality of C26 is not as good and ordering it with dual metal sides would cost me about S$200.

The disadvantages:
1. No dust filters - I am getting the dust filter separately to cut to size and stick inside of the grills.
2. No front panel I/O - bummer for me.
3. 2 x 15mm thick fans and only if the height of GPU is 40mm. (The M1 has 25 mm fans)
4. Expensive but would probably cost as much as the M1 shipping to Singapore any way.

I am interested to see how a side mounted AIO is compared to a top mounted AIO (M1) but I will not be installing an AIO for now

The rest of the parts I picked:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
RAM: CORSAIR 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHZ
Storage: 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 970
Rear fan: Noctua NF-A8 Chromax
Bottom fans: Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax
Cooler: NF-U9S (might change the fan to a chromax if I am feeling rich)
GPU: XFX RX 580
PSU: SF750 Platinum for the noise level and the fact that it is only S$30 more than the SF600

I arrived at these parts after 2 weeks of research coming from zero knowledge.
I am rather nervous about mounting the CPU and the heatsink.

Any thing I missed?
I will only be getting the DENG F12 in a month's time. So taking the time to gather parts.

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Due to 3600x availability in my area, I am getting the 3600 instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Storage: 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 970
Rear fan: Noctua NF-A8 Chromax
Bottom fans: Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax
Cooler: NF-U9S (might change the fan to a chromax if I am feeling rich)
GPU: XFX RX 580
PSU: SF750 Platinum

I want to install G.Skill Trident Z Neo which is 41mm high. I heard the NF-U9S keeps clear of all mother board clearance.
I hope it can fit. Any one can confirm this?

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
Hi, I just found your thread after buying myself the F12 back at the start of November. The seller kept pushing the shipping date back for my unit until I finally recieved an email from Superbuy today. I should have it shipped to New Zealand by the end of the fortnight. I'm really excited to finally recieve it.

I went with the watercooled option on the F12 in case I need something more powerful to cool any future CPU. Using the U9S will be much quieter however and is more than enough to cool my 8400 until I decide to upgrade. If for a future upgrade I go with the 9700k instead of the 9900k it will be fine to go without the watercooling option as the U9S will work fine.
The U9S is a really tight fit with my non low profile ram but doesn't bend the sticks so you should be fine.
Have you thought about using another 92mm fan on the U9S instead of the 80mm exhaust? Maybe your configuration is better though.

The Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 is better than the U9S for use in the F12 but doesn't have availability over the U9S.

Parts I have currently:

CPU: i5 8400
Mobo: Z390-I Gaming
Ram: 16GB 3000 Corsair Vengence
CPU Cooler: U9S with extra 92mm fan
Fans: NF-A12x15 (x2)
GPU: Strix 1060 6gb
PSU: SF600
Storage: Crucial MX300 525gb, 1TB WD HDD
Case: NZXT S340 Elite

What I plan on getting:

1TB M.2 NVME
32GB Ram
x52 Kraken?
Custom length cables
Dust filter
I don't really need a better GPU as I do graphic and web design with only some light gaming but the 5700XT looks really good.

Rjk1617

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
I think both of you guys made an extremely good choice in picking the deng f12. It is one of the best in terms of build quality on taobao in my opinion. I haven't owned it, but from the specs, the weight.... damn that is one beast of a case

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
I think both of you guys made an extremely good choice in picking the deng f12. It is one of the best in terms of build quality on taobao in my opinion. I haven't owned it, but from the specs, the weight.... damn that is one beast of a case
Maybe I can make my own build log my when I recieve my case soon to share some photos

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have abandoned the F12 for the Ncase M1.

I had initially ordered it and paid up front full asking for a glass side panel extra on top of the two metal panels. I had also got ready all parts to order with it.
The Seller even recommended me a link to buy custom cables for it.
However, he stopped responding to me after a while. Guess I was asking many questions due to my excitement. There was no news for more than a week.
Also, he had told me it would take ten days. Then after I paid, he said it would be a month because he had back orders to fulfill.

The ncase M1 was out of my reach initially because I thought that it was hard to order. They recently opened for orders on the 4th of Jan at 1am Singapore time and I was among the first to check out in five mins before it went out of stock. It was then that I filed for a refund for the F12 and lost the international shipping fees (non-refundable) as a result. I just received it yesterday so it only took 9 days from the order.

I like the versatility of the ncase a bit more as it allows thicker fans at the bottom and it has front IO ports which I wanted since the motherboard I am getting has lesser back ports. It also has magnetic dust filter and light enough so that you can bring around (though I don't intend to do so).

I do like the look of the F12 a bit more especially with the glass panel. It is indeed a beast. Solid built. It also has the top fan that might help with exhaust.

I like to thank Arka for your comments. I was thinking the Neo Ram might just fit too. I am still interested to see your build!

Last edited:
Reactions: arka

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
The U9S is a really tight fit with my non low profile ram but doesn't bend the sticks so you should be fine.
Have you thought about using another 92mm fan on the U9S instead of the 80mm exhaust? Maybe your configuration is better though.

The Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 is better than the U9S for use in the F12 but doesn't have availability over the U9S.

How tall is your Ram in mm? The Neo Rams I am getting is 41 mm tall but the U9S seems to be kept just within the Centre of the MB and not protruding to the Ram area so I think it should be fine. fingers crossed.

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
How tall is your Ram in mm? The Neo Rams I am getting is 41 mm tall but the U9S seems to be kept just within the Centre of the MB and not protruding to the Ram area so I think it should be fine. fingers crossed.

The ram sticks are 49mm tall according to it's amazon page. You won't have any issues if the cpu and ram socket placement is the same as my Z390-I.

What was the link the seller provided to you for custom cables? I'm still looking. Thinking of going with this https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-sfx-psu-cable/

Good luck with your Ncase build! I'll make my own F12 build log once it arrives.

sunrainsky

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
@arka I am interested to see how your F12 build goes along. Either you post your build here or start your own thread, I will follow. I have a F15 build ongoing. Actual build will start in summer when I get the new Intel CPU/MB.