Deng F15 build log

Cabrithese

Case Bender
Oct 5, 2019
So, 250 quid does not include the tax and import duty? The final total will be quite a lot.
Even the watercooling option costs 1599 RMB only, which is about 181 quid.
Anyway...

If you are planning an air-cooling-only build, then the extra width (15mm) will allow a Noctua NH-U12A to live inside.
Mine allows 150mm max tall cooler only.
What kind of benefits for the increase of height, I wonder? Perhaps, to allow a thick radiator+fans at bottom or top? And, to allow dual 80mm rear fans (vs current's single 92mm fan)?

Regarding the aesthetic, it is highly subjective. So, is it this one?
That's the one. I find the square holes to be really out of place. Not an absolute disaster as I do like the power button on top but I does put me off.

It costs 560 RMB for delivery :)) it is massive but I'm kind of being used to it.

I'd like to put a 240 radiator in it. It's a workstation so cpu is more important and I do think I can fit most things with good temp even with the F12. However, the F15's height and width are almost identical to my speakers. They will fit well with each others.

arka

Efficiency Noob
Oct 7, 2019
This case looks gorgeous! I'm looking at shipping one to New Zealand but I can't decide on what version to go for.
Being that I would also go for the air cooled version, what made you decide on getting the F15 over the F12?

tinyitx

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I prefer the slightly bigger dimensions of the F15. Lengthwise, they are the same. But F15 is 16mm wider and 17mm taller. (That is when I made the order. It seems that F15 will slightly increase in size (in width and in height only?))

Wider and taller means:-
1. F15 allows 150mm tall CPU cooler (vs 135mm for the F12). This might not be too critical as, at the moment, it seems Thermalright Silver Arrow SA130 (130-132mm tall) is probably the best available that can fit in.
2. F15 can fit dual 140x25 fans at bottom (vs 120x15 for F12 if using a 2-slot card). This is a big difference.
3. F15 can fit max 3-slot GPU (vs 2-slot GPU for F12). Big difference.
4. F15 can fit 92mm rear fan (vs 80mm for F12).

As I plan to use a higher end CPU (ie an 9900K equivalent when I build the system next summer, which will be all air-cooled) and a higher end GPU (which likely to be 2.x slot as most higher end cards are these days), F15 just provides better cooling over F12.

Reactions: arka

arka

Efficiency Noob
Oct 7, 2019
I prefer the slightly bigger dimensions of the F15. Lengthwise, they are the same. But F15 is 16mm wider and 17mm taller. (That is when I made the order. It seems that F15 will slightly increase in size (in width and in height only?))

Wider and taller means:-
1. F15 allows 150mm tall CPU cooler (vs 135mm for the F12). This might not be too critical as, at the moment, it seems Thermalright Silver Arrow SA130 (130-132mm tall) is probably the best available that can fit in.
2. F15 can fit dual 140x25 fans at bottom (vs 120x15 for F12 if using a 2-slot card). This is a big difference.
3. F15 can fit max 3-slot GPU (vs 2-slot GPU for F12). Big difference.
4. F15 can fit 92mm rear fan (vs 80mm for F12).

As I plan to use a higher end CPU (ie an 9900K equivalent when I build the system next summer, which will be all air-cooled) and a higher end GPU (which likely to be 2.x slot as most higher end cards are these days), F15 just provides better cooling over F12.
At its current size, I think the F15 is the right option for me. I will be using a R5 3600 but eventually looking to upgrade to a 3900X or better. As it can fit dual 140mms and has potential to fit a 3 slot gpu this will hopefully future proof the case and mean that I won't have to look at replacing it with one that can accomidate newer components. I want this to be my endgame itx considering its price so thinking ahead doesn't hurt. Plus its not like its even too much bigger than the F12.

arka

Efficiency Noob
Oct 7, 2019
Im planning to buy this case within this week. Have managed to navigate through Taobao and contacted the seller directly through the app. He(she) speaks English well and we are approaching to the postage arrangement.

The only draw back in my opinion is the vent cutout for my batch. The top panel has square holes. (I can't attach image for some reasons). And I hate square. I asked if they can make a custom panel but it can be quite a hassle. I find the f12 cutouts and power button placement are perfect but it's abit too small for my specific purpose.

Also, the next batch (actually the current one) was said to increase in size (width and height). From 332×183×267 to 332mm×198mm×307mm, which is a shame in my opinion.
How did you contact the seller and what app did you use?

I also want to get the same case as op without the square vents while keeping the same dimensions.

tinyitx

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
At its current size, I think the F15 is the right option for me. I will be using a R5 3600 but eventually looking to upgrade to a 3900X or better. As it can fit dual 140mms and has potential to fit a 3 slot gpu this will hopefully future proof the case and mean that I won't have to look at replacing it with one that can accomidate newer components. I want this to be my endgame itx considering its price so thinking ahead doesn't hurt. Plus its not like its even too much bigger than the F12.
Even if you plan for an air-cooled system, I suggest you to consider the water cooling version unless, of course, you absolutely prefer to have a transparent side panel (acrylic default and tempered glass optional) for the see-through effect.
The reason is, I think, the additional vent holes on the side panel might even further enhance the cooling capability of the case. The additional cost is minimal too.

arka

Efficiency Noob
Oct 7, 2019
Even if you plan for an air-cooled system, I suggest you to consider the water cooling version unless, of course, you absolutely prefer to have a transparent side panel (acrylic default and tempered glass optional) for the see-through effect.
The reason is, I think, the additional vent holes on the side panel might even further enhance the cooling capability of the case. The additional cost is minimal too.
I like the style of this case with the transparent side to the point that I can live with sacrificing some potential cooling I would be missing out on compared to the water-cooled version. Looking to get the semi-transparent tempered glass option. I would like to inquire with the seller about purchasing both panels, however.

tinyitx

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I like the style of this case with the transparent side to the point that I can live with sacrificing some potential cooling I would be missing out on compared to the water-cooled version. Looking to get the semi-transparent tempered glass option. I would like to inquire with the seller about purchasing both panels, however.
Good! Keep me/us posted about your progress.