DAN next project - A4-Nano/B4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are two concepts I am working on. A tower sandwich style case and a mini sandwich style case.
What project should I realize first under the brand of DAN Cases?

A4-Nano (4.6L):
This case is a mini version of the A4-SFX. It is planned around an average hardware configuration like RTX 3060 and Intel i5 or Ryzen 5. Made for customers opting for light weight, portable, very tiny and price/performance systems. I like the visual design language mixing round and hard edges.

Keyfeatures:
  • Sandwich Layout
  • Flex PSU
  • mITX Motherboard
  • ITX sized GPU (150-200W)
  • Intel i5/Ryzen 5 CPU (65W)
  • 2x 92mm slim FAN top exhaust

B4-SFX (~10.2L):
This case is a small tower style case with a sandwich layout that is focused on air cooling. You can install triple slot GPUs with a length of 330mm and at the same time cool you CPU with a Noctua L12s or Thermalright AXP-120. Hot air will be pushed out of the case with 2x slim 120mm fans on the rear. It is also possible to add a 240 rad at the rear like a backpack.

Keyfeatures:
  • Sandwich Layout
  • SFX/SFX-L PSU
  • mITX Motherboard
  • 3 Slot GPU – 330mm in lenght
  • 2x 120mm slim FAN rear exhaust
  • CPU heatsink with 70mm in height

! Before you ask release not before 2024 !

Thank you for your help :)

AHMO

Case Bender
New User
Dec 31, 2022
Hey Dan. My first post here. I'm following your projects for quiet some time and waiting for the C4. The B4 is absolutely gorgeous! Great work!

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
The A-4 Nano is reminiscent of the Sparrow-MQ5. I originally preordered the larger version, the MQ6, but gave up and got a refund after the 3rd delay. I would love this if I could squeeze a 200mm card in there, paired with the HDPlex 250W GaN.

I'm assuming the lower volume is the result of limiting cooler height to <47mm? It looks great and I love that you are still invested in creative SFF products in spite of market trends.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Keep in mind the nano is made by sheet metal vs the mq5 is milled out of a alu block. So mq5 quality is better.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Keep in mind the nano is made by sheet metal vs the mq5 is milled out of a alu block. So mq5 quality is better.
True. That was part of the delay, manufacturing issues. I still get envious when I see a Sparrow build posted, but I can't justify the expense right now. I would settle with sheet metal if I can get one within a reliable span of time..... and I should have a better budget by 2024. 😉

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I like the A4-Nano, would be good to see how you work with a Flex ATX unit. Would also vouch for some form of native HDPLEX 250W compatibility on top of that.

mTECHIE

Cable Smoosher
Feb 3, 2021
I'm intrigued by the B4-SFX....
Dan, which of these are you leaning on the most? The A40-Nano or the B4-SFX?

Reactions: HWI

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I think they are both excellent concepts, the B4-SFX looks really striking.
I've voted and given only one choice, went for the A4-Nano as it would be the one I would buy next.
Good luck Dan with developing these 2 really strong concepts.
All the A4-Nano needs is good and quiet Flex ATX PSUs to get the best out of it.

fwiler

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 19, 2023
A4-Nano (4.6L):
This case is a mini version of the A4-SFX. It is planned around an average hardware configuration like RTX 3060 and Intel i5 or Ryzen 5. Made for customers opting for light weight, portable, very tiny and price/performance systems. I like the visual design language mixing round and hard edges.

Keyfeatures:
  • Sandwich Layout
  • Fles PSU
  • mITX Motherboard
  • ITX sized GPU (150-200W)
  • Intel i5/Ryzen 5 CPU (65W)
  • 2x 92mm slim FAN top exhaust

This right here.
Along with an empty box to match to hold storage (2.5" ssd's would be fine.)

No one is making sff cases with expandable storage options, such as for a plex media server.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I'm always willing to go for a smaller case. So, nano is more tempting to me, however the majority will probably like the B4. For the nano, if you can put an HDPlex GaN 250w option, that would be great.

Last edited: